Pistons HCA = 2-0 JUMP

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by Dlev59, May 5, 2006.

1. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

Ok, this is how I see it. The Pistons have HCA throughout the playoffs and everyone talks about how having that 7th game at home is the reason for attaining HCA.

That is one way to look at it, however these Pistons are a different bunch. They went 37-4 at home, the only losses coming in OT to Utah, twice to the Wiz, ( once in double OT, and a meaningless game) and to a very hot Nets team.

I have said before and I will say it again, THE PISTONS WILL RUN THE TABLE AT HOME IN THE POST SEASON.

So, if that is the case, we will be up 2 zip in every series before the opponent knows what hi them! Now I don`t know the %`s of a team coming back from 2-0 deficit to win a 7 game series, but it can`t be that promising, especially against these Pistons

Having said that, look for a game 3 let down perhaps, in each series. Sort of like a rest, you know how the Pistions roll. Then that game 3 loss will wake them up again.

Let`s see how it plays out..........
  2. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Interesting point. I sure tend to think about it in those game seven terms, but you're clearly right that jumping out to a good start is the best way to avoid the need for game sevens.

And as long as we don't have to play Utah anymore...
  3. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

I can dig it!
  4. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

History shows NJ is capable of taking one at the Palace (picking NJ to beat the Heat).... but likewise the Pistons can grab one on the road....
    Prediction: Pistons over the Cavs in 5 ... then over NJ in 7.
  5. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Ps 4-1 in both series.
    F' Kidd
  6. Terry T

Terry T First Round Draft Pick

You have got it right. HCA allows you to play from ahead. The other team has to work harder just to catch up. A big psychological advantage.

Throughout the year and in the first round of the playoffs the Pistons played with a big lead most of the time. Some people are worried that the Pistons defensive stats are down this year.

I suggest that this is because they are so often up by double digits. When you are up twelve you play a lot differant than when you are down two. Up twelve you are content to trade baskets and not bear down on defense as long as you maintain the lead.

The Pistons know how to play from ahead. In a game, in a series and even in this season. They didn't waste energy chasing history, They just won one more game than the next team. I suspect that when the playoffs end they will have won two more games than the next guy.
  7. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

I see a Game 1 advantage based on energy, but like always, if the Pistons do not take care of business and play to their potential, Game 2 could be a toss up. Hopefully they enjoyed their first post-season rest in almost 3 years and are anxious for more.

The shortest distance between two points, is a straight line. To victory.