Pistons @ Jazz... December 12th

Discussion in 'December 2005 Games' started by mercury, Oct 3, 2005.

1. max

max All-Star

Jazz

I doubt the fans will pay much attention to Carlos. The Pistons should pay attention to how the Jazz blew them out last year in Utah.

2. MisterZ

MisterZ First Round Draft Pick

I've been to Salt Lake a few times, not too much other than white folks there. Might not be a conicidence. Even Karl Malone seemed kinda like a black redneck, for some reason.

3. brandonhgt

brandonhgt Second Round Draft Pick

Good point, now that you say that I remember how annoying Karl malone was with his cowboy outfits and "I'm tougher than John Wayne" attitude. There are some players that annoy me now, but none do near as much as old Cowboy Malone did!

4. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Game Chat is now open...

See the image at the top of the forums for more information....

5. DirtyMoney

DirtyMoney First Round Draft Pick

check out the game log on sportsline. these guys are a trip.

6. TBird

TBird First Round Draft Pick

Ouch

What a disastrous second half.

I'm listening to the game on the radio, and I would be curious what those watching the game say. It doesn't seem to me like Ben's contributing much. We're getting pounded on the boards and that's really what he's in there to do. I don't know if it's because there's something wrong with him physically, but he just doesn't seem to be giving us the energy he has in the past.

7. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

27 points in the 2nd half. the starters mailed it in and complained that they weren't getting calls (which they weren't, the refs were pretty bad, although bad both ways). they took the night off basically, ruining a good start by the bench. we woulda won if the bench played the 2nd half lol.

p1ssed that we lost to such a god-awful team, but oh well.

8. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Tired legs

Sad day when the Lakers can beat the Mavs in Dallas, but we can't beat the Jazz after having a 13 point halftime lead.:frusty:

I think Flip should have pulled the tired starters midway through the third qtr. and inserted the bench then. :mad:

9. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

yeah but who didn't believe the starters could go on a tear and pull it out?

10. lazyberbs

lazyberbs First Round Draft Pick

Only one good thing

If we had to lose, it was good to hear that Memo had a great game. Oh, well, we'll get them in Detroit.

11. ojay

ojay Second Round Draft Pick

Disappointment.

Outplayed in the 2nd half. This game was set up for the win:

-low minutes in LA, w/ a non-athletic 4th quarter with the hack-a-Ben
    -comfortable lead at the half

And then we couldn't chase boards, couldn't get a foul on our end, and AK and Okur getting hot. In crunch catch up time, our infamous starting five couldn't get anything down, and that's where I think a bench siting in the 4th, at least maybe a hustle guy like Evans or a rebouder like Davis could provide a spark. But nope, we choke and nothing goes our way.

12. LanierFan

LanierFan Bench Warmer

What a BS game by the starters. Everything was back it down, hold the ball for an iso or jack up a three. Selfish, lazy, conceited play devoid of movement by anybody who didn't have the ball in their hands. Nobody rebounded, and Prince shouldn't have been allowed to play 20 minutes in this game. A lot of bad habits we've been getting away with bit us on the butt. I agree with those who said the bench should have gotten more time.

13. detteam

detteam All-Star

Another back-to-back loss...but after beating a couple decent teams on a road trip. The down nights are going to happen...look at the Spurs the other night against ATL.

At least you can't pin this one on the bench.

But I still think the bench needs a change.

14. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 Team Captain Forum Donor

Flip strategy

This is a good point here. Once the offense went South, I'm not sure enough adjustments were made by the coach. How long did it take to bring McDyess back in, like 8 minutes?

15. detteam

detteam All-Star

The game was still tight in the 3rd and I don't think throwing the bench in against their starters at that point would have been a good call.

16. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

That's 9 out 19 games the Pistons have been rebounded?

Ain't gunna get it done. Yes it is only one loss, and yeah we are going to drop some games.

But 2 of the losses were sloppy, not hard fought battles.

Champs don't give up double digit leads after the half against a team with Devin Brown and Milt Palacio starting in the backcourt.

Good game for the Pistons. They need a butt whuppin every once in a while. These starters get big heads FAST. It's their one character flaw which I cannot stand.

17. detteam

detteam All-Star

The Piston starters are the very LAST ones in the league that I would consider vulnerable to getting big heads...I don't think that's a 'character flaw' that anyone of them has.

18. ggazoo69

detteam

Yeah, I wouldn't put the entire bench back in either. Just someone to bring in some scoring a la Vinnie Johnson. Last year that guy was McDyess. I just think he should have come back in earlier. When you're in the midst of a scoring drought, you have to make some sort of adjustment. Flip knew his team was tired, he said so before the game.

19. detteam

detteam All-Star

Kinda goes back to a point I've made before...the Pistons don't really have a 6th man this year. Maybe '6th man' is an archaic term in the NBA now...but the bench needs a leader.

20. ggazoo69

detteam

Do you see that leader somewhere on the team currently or do you propose a trade? I still think this team is another big move away from an NBA title. I don't care what the current record is, this team will have some tough games and the bench and the coach will have to be the difference. I'm not sure the bench is up to it and Flip hasn't really been tested yet as far as yanking a team out of its doldrums.