Pistons/Magic 2nd round game 1, May 3 7:30PM

Discussion in '2008 Playoffs' started by max, May 1, 2008.

1. detteam

detteam All-Star

Lee...your 1st half rotations have Amir playing 14 straight minutes...not likely. But I agree he should get minutes, especially when Dwight is on the floor and Lewis isn't. Howard is a turnover machine...4th in the league this season, averaging 3.2/game. AJ is quick enough to provide some help D and force some turns. The Pistons D should be able to make DHO cough up the ball 4-6 times a game.

Between forcing turns and putting Howard on the line, the Pistons can neutralize his scoring threat. But it will take a concerted effort and energy to minimize his boards...AJ & Max can be factors.
  2. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

I follow Orlando. Believe me, Dooling plays tall. You will quickly see what I mean if we try to put Hunter on him.
  3. detteam

detteam All-Star

I just looked back at season turnover leaders...not only was Howard 4th, but Turkoglu was 8th. Two frontcourt guys in the top 10? This needs to be exploited just as much as the backcourt mismatch.
  4. max

max All-Star

No its always been like that.
  5. linwood

linwood All-Star

I think the key matchup in this series will be Jarvis Hayes vs. Maurice Evans.
  6. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

I don't think I'll be able to make it into chat for the game tonight, but I sure hope the Pistons show up!
  7. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

So who's going to do the chat play-by play??:confused:
  8. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

The mere THREAT of Cheikh Samb is enough to strike fear in the Hedgehog. He doesn't even need to play to intimidate!
  9. b-diddy

b-diddy Second Round Draft Pick

it does feel like we have 'turned it on'. so i think we win the two at home. how long it takes us to get wins 3 and 4 will probably be a good indicator as to how much further this team goes.
  10. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

CHAT IS OPEN!!!

* link removed *
  11. Ozarkruffrider

Ozarkruffrider First Round Draft Pick

NOW THAT'S PLAYOFF DEEEEETROIT BAAASSSSSKETBALLLLLLL
  12. mikhail1973

mikhail1973 All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion

Kiev - Farmington Hills, MI - Santa Clara, CA
    Didn't expect the game to be that slow, especially on Orlando's side. Pistons played great in the 2nd half. And whoever in the chat said that it was going decided in the 3rd quarter - great call. Pistons got huge lift from Maxiell. Stuckey needs to be more aggressive, he seems to be settling for long jump shots and that's not his game, at least at this stage. Just noticed, Maxiell matched Howard's numbers. I like Pistons chances if this happens.
  13. max

max All-Star

14. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

After getting used to Philly's pressure, this game seemed really dull in the first half. It was easy for us to avoid turnovers and thereby avoid giving up fast breaks.

We just happen to match up really well against Orlando because of Sheed/ Dyess and CB/ Rip. Not many teams can keep Howard away from the hoop on both ends of the floor. Let's hope that we can keep it up.

Maxiell was clearly the stud. Plus 31 in only 24 minutes.

Dyess was great off the bench though. 5-9 with a bunch of rebounds and good defense. This is such a better combination with our energy player in with the veteran starting 4 and a hard playing veteran anchoring our bench. Glad we thought of it!

Also, how about that job by Ratliff? He was getting boards, neutralizing Howard and affection their shots in the paint. This is exactly why we got him.

Herrmann dressed and inserted in a playoff game before it was decided... and before Hayes??? Afflalo in the first half??? The Pistons hanging their hat on their defense first and playing with serious discipline and focus in the first game of a series???

GO FLIP!!!
  15. roscoe36

Looking sharp. Meanwhile, Boston struggling against Atlanta. Who looks scarier?
  16. brofmfa

brofmfa Bench Warmer Forum Donor

I liked what I saw in this game. No matter how deep this playoff the Pistons will go, their furture is bright.
    We are having at least three young faces have some JD look in them.
  17. roscoe36

True words brother. Max had another phenomenal game. It's going to be hard justifying starting Dice over him, and paying Dice so much to be on the bench, which should be an opening for Amir.
  18. fwoompf

fwoompf First Round Draft Pick

I don't think Dice would have a problem going to the bench. The guy cares about winning a championship, period, and that's it at this point in his career.

This game ruled.
  19. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

Wow, only 30 second half points for Orlando? That must have been some impressive D. And cutting the abnormally high turnover numbers against Philly all the way down to a miniscule 6 is certainly encouraging as well.
  20. Syg

Syg First Round Draft Pick

It was me! It was me! (Y).

I really liked this game. Specially because we just made 6 turnovers, which leads me to think that this is the kind of opponents that fit us the most. Loved Maxiell attitude for answering Howard's power with strength and will. Really good game by Billups, although his strategy its becoming more and more obvious: "Lets drive and make some fts", which is good and I have no personal complains about it :p.

I dont like Rasheed's situation. I think 2 more technicals and he is out for a game. I fear this is gonna happen against the Celtics.

Aaand Herrmann played, so its all sweet for the Motown. Make it sweeter with Howard injuried and we die of diabetes.

PS: Good thing about the chat, now u laugh with "J"s.