Pistons/Magic 2nd round game 1, May 3 7:30PM

Discussion in '2008 Playoffs' started by max, May 1, 2008.

1. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

Bad blood brewing b/w the Magic/Pistons

RealGM: Wiretap Archives: Bad Blood Brewing Between Pistons/Magic

Is this a good thing? I don't neccesarily like Max's comments although i don't think he meant them to be insulting or he was just answering a question honestly.

2. max

max All-Star

Ratliffs - coments "Dwight is an imposing player, but we've played against some of the Hall of Famers so it's not really something we worry about".

He has been with the team since what March.

At least its better than the way the Sixer series started.

3. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

The game is being rebroadcast on NBA TV right now for those who have that channel....

Should we re-open chat:)

4. Ozarkruffrider

Ozarkruffrider First Round Draft Pick

I like it----get them all worked up and lose control.

5. DirtyMoney

DirtyMoney First Round Draft Pick

Theo's comments were about not being in need of help(fighting) because of Lewis' size. Lewis' response was about basketball. Since he was talking about being guarded, why did he have to foul Theo instead of "guarding" him?

6. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

I don't like the trash talking. We don't need any extra edge, so it is a stupid gamble to take to even try to get in their heads.

We've beaten them 5 in a row in the playoffs, so why do we need to talk? And especially Ratliff.

7. round

round All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion

It depends on how the pistons players actually think to me.... if there doing this as show so to speak to get under orlando's skin i am ok with it because orlando is already playing out of there style....

orlando is ticked about being called soft all the time there trying to prove there tough... and thus getting out of what they do best... every one of the pistons comments save theo's were dead on in my mind and just answering questions.... theo's are true too... he just hasn't been here long enough to say them so to speak.

Its just humerous how orlando is up in arms the way they are replying... its just how detroit used to be in chicago's heads during the bad boy years.... I thought that talent wise chicago was better then we were the last year we beat them... they just didn't get what it took to win yet. and its the same here... i think boston is also somewhat in the same boat, talent is only part of playoff basketball. Thats one reason I think Cleveland as much as I hate them has a chance against Boston in this series..

8. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

hilarious.

i like how we're getting into the magic's heads. we want to play a physical game...they're playing right into our hands.

let's give flip some credit where it's due - putting lindsey in street clothes, playing afflalo and herrmann, continuing to start maxiell, having better rotations...good job.

maxiell is a beast - sticking up for teammates, playing solid defense, and dominating all around. since he's started we've been blowing teams out, scoring more points, playing better D, and not having lulls to start the game or going through the motions. good job.

9. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

er. if you get low on anyone you can take away a lot of their power...its not a statement on D.ho's lower body strength. Maxiell simply explained some fundamental post defense and it becomes a shot fired between these teams.

10. DirtyMoney

DirtyMoney First Round Draft Pick

Guys, there are several papers printing small exerps(sp) of what was actually said. Go to Mlive, Freep, Detnews and read everything. The magic are the one's who are talking the mess and baiting officials. You can tell by the post game press that the magic were %%%%%ing about the physical play. Now the P's have to worry about the other players on the court.

11. round

round All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion

you all have to agree though.... what is the thing that scares us as fans the most.... that the team will lose interest in the series....

well folks I think orlando is trying to make sure that never happens....

as a coach of orlando i would be telling my players to do nothing but talk about how great detroit is, and how who knows if we'll be able to compete. Now what we say in the locker room would be a different story... but no way to i call out detroit... but in puplic I do everything in the world to give them cause to "flip" the switch off.

Win loss or draw in this series I just don't see the switch flipping off....

12. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

I saw the play. All Maxi did was assure Lewis it would be a team effort if things got kinky. I wouldn't put it past the Magic coach to make the series a brawl.