Pistons/Magic 2nd Round Game 3 Wed May 7 8PM

Discussion in '2008 Playoffs' started by max, May 6, 2008.

1. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Imigine if they worked the clock like soccer. Never stop it and then add on an arbitrary amount of time to make up for all the pauses. Bavetta would be responsible for blowing the final whistle.
  2. mikhail1973

mikhail1973 All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion

Kiev - Farmington Hills, MI - Santa Clara, CA
    He'd have to hide like soccer refs do.
    :pound:
  3. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

Yeah, the refs shoulda caught the clock problem well before Chauncey even got the ball from Stuckey. Stop the play before the outcome and give everyone a mulligan.

I guess this will give something for Stern and the rules committee to talk about this summer besides rigging games in favor of large-market teams and superstar players. :rolleyes:

"Irregardless" though, the Pistons won the game by a wider margin than the 3 points that resulted from the play so it's pretty much a moot point.

ummmmm, uhhhh, ...right???
  4. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

5. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

You know what was really lucky for us? That Dwight Howard barely missed the timing on that final rebound that he could have jammed.
  6. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Was this any more egregious than a bad foul call?

I think if Chauncey misses, it's not even discussed again. By making the shot, Billups has likely changed the NBA rule book.

Also their Pistons DNA re-sequencing program!

I'll never be able to decide, if the other team wins the tip at the beginning of the game, will it change the outcome?
  7. round

round All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion

The national media needs to get the story right too... they are saying the home time keeper messed up.... no the neutral city time keeper messed up.... and I am pretty sure its human error....

The clock started... then stopped, and notice that when the clock should have stopped on the basket made the clock actually started... not sure if its a button or a switch that the time keeper flips... but looks like he hit/flipped it twice when he went to start the clock.

If there going to start complaining about this as long as they have then they should start to look at every single foul call from the beginning of the game, and lets look at those.... IF it had been at the end of quarter 4 that this happened then yes orlando has the right to complain till the cows come home but shesshhh 12 mins to play 3 points won't make a difference...
  8. max

max All-Star

I was reading a little on the Orlando fan boards. They of course all think they got robbed, more so they think that we have been getting all the calls. Some are even calling the league office and sending e-mails and stuff. Amazing.
  9. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Was anyone here thrilled with the calls in the game?

I mean it was the first game in recent history where we had multiple players in serious danger of fouling out of the game. Dyess took a really nice charge and didn't get the call. Theo blocked Dwight's shot at it's apex. Prince got the ultra rare 5-second violation. There were plenty of offensive fouls away from the ball that left everyone confused. And the most obviously poor calls were the no-calls for Rip when Dwight Howard bounced him back in the direction from whence he came.
  10. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

Spot on.

Hey, what ever happened to the guy (PR fan, or something) who left the forum as soon as Arroyo was traded away? I was kind of hoping he would stop in and talk some stuff. Maybe he's waiting for the Magic to win one?

Does anyone remember a few years back when Orlando & Detroit were both fighting for the last playoff spot? I think maybe around 2000, but not sure. Anyhow, some Orlando player made the comment that "We don't even consider Detroit in the same class as us". Ever since then I haven't liked Orlando. Unfortunately, Orlando did beat the Pistons out for that last spot, but since then they've been far inferior. Anyone remember the comment or the player? He's right though. Not even in the same class...:MusicBigGrin:
  11. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

DET has had 2 shot clock violations that took baskets away from them this post season when the clock started early.
  12. Ernie the Slow Adult

I hope Flip has some time to get down to the Epcot Center when he's in Orlando. I know he usually likes to take his field trips in the conference finals, but this is too good a chance to pass up.
  13. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I 'm happy we got the win and the 3 pointer really came in handy, but since there is no precident for this, the right thing to do would have been to reset the clock back to 5.1 and start over by having the Pistons take the ball out again. I mean just think if this had had happen to the Pistons we would have had 200 post thead on this subject alone, expecially if we had lost by less than three points.

:focus:

The issue is for tomorrows game is to not allow so many wide open three's. Keep them honest inside the arc and continue to force turnovers. = Victory for Pistons
  14. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

I saw this. It was stickied on some ORL board. I wonder if it actually has any sort of effect. I've never done anything like that, but i did write an e-mail one time to some DET beat writer to tell him his article was stupid (not in so many words, but i felt like it was a stern letter :)) He actually responded and was all trying to explain his thought process, and then i felt bad LOL.
  15. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

If Detroit ends up winning the championship, I heard they are going to put an asterisk by their name because of clock gate.:stirthepot:
  16. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

yeah i can't wait for the flip tan!!

good point about getting hosed on that shot clock violation in the philly series.
  17. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

If the clock functions correctly tonight, we could be in big trouble.
  18. Ernie the Slow Adult

Stan Van Gundy should wear a big Flava Flav type clock on the side line tonight.
  19. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

I'm not looking for ALL the credit but the Pistons are 5-0 since I went to the Eddie Griffin avatar.
  20. PistonFanInCavsTown

PistonFanInCavsTown First Round Draft Pick

So far this year they are 6-0 when I wear my Pistons ball cap while I watch the game, and 0-2 when I don't. I'm not one to normally think I have any kind of influence on the outcome of games, but... :sssh: