Pistons/Magic 2nd Round Game 3 Wed May 7 8PM

Discussion in '2008 Playoffs' started by max, May 6, 2008.

1. raxrets

raxrets Team Captain

Agreed, many of orlando treys were not "settled": fastbreak situation, etc 3pt atttempts are always gambling: they did not hit them in 3rd Q and pistons rallied, but luck changed in 4th Q

The only wat to control such playing style is to make high % shots or control offensive rebouns.

2. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

On the Stony and Wojo show, Flip was interviewed and said that they would make a decision one hour before game time Saturday to either play Billups or not and thay have to advise NBA officials one hour before game time who will be dressing and who is inactive.

My gut feeling is to let him sit until Tuesday's game so that he is 80% instead of playing at 60%. If he stretches or injures it more then he is gone for the series and the Pistons chances of getting swept in the next round is a real possibilty if they make it there. Yes I remember Magic's hammy tear in 1989 when the undefeated lakers became the first and only team to sweep into the finals and then get swept out by the Pistons.

We might be able to hold on to beat the Magic in 7, but I am not sure we can beat those other two beasts of the east without the CaptainBillups. If Flip wants to take a chance a dress CB then that means someone else either Jarvis, AJ or Fabio has to put on the 3 piece and sit behind the bench with Samb.... Hunter or Dixon will have to be activated and I would go with dixie cup...

3. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Isn't the active/ inactive roster set for this series? I thought that was the rule change.

We can't dress Dixon or Hunter, right?

4. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

No, that was a couple of years ago. Just for one season. Last year and now this year, its just like the regular season. You tell the refs who is going to be active one hour before each game. It can be a different set of 12 guys each game.

5. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

The rule change is that it works the same in the playoffs as in the regular season. You pick 12 of your 15 guys to be active before each game, and you can change which 12 you use from game to game.

6. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Last year, the rule was that you pick who gets to be on the roster for the post season. Once you decide, it is final.

I thought this year would be on a series by series basis and that was the change. I'm glad that I was wrong.

It pains me to say it, but put Hayes and Amir in suits and bring in Hunter and Dixon. I'm assuming that even if CB is available, we shouldn't play him much. Amir isn't getting PT anyway, so there you go.

7. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Dual AMD Opteron 246 Processors w/ 1MB cache each

2 GB RAM

:)

But we handled the Ben exodus with this setup, I think we can handle just about anything now... :)

8. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I think Lee had it correct. Last year, you could change your 12-man roster each game in the playoffs.

9. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

Hayes needs to be quarantined. His bad defense is affecting other players.

---

This is pretty typical of our defense of late and Flip's defensive philiosophy. According to him our defense is predicated on our offense which while it does play a part should never be the case (and it's not so much us missing shots as it is taking bad shots; Rip, i'm talking to you)

Our transition D has been awful, and we really have no shot-blocking presence to speak or interior presence outside of Sheed (and Amir, but that's another story), who's hanging out w/ Lewis at the 3pt line. We're just going to have to either play Amir or suck it up and deal with potential foul trouble and put Sheed on Dho. Solves two problems b/c while the two SF's are killing us, Howard is quietly hurting us as well with his constant 20 points.

And for the love of god, No more Hayes, and no more Hayes/Hermann/or Theo in the game together. I don't even want to see them sitting next to eachother on the bench.

Oh and Amir will not be inactive. Flip is scared of us fans.

10. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Some of us think Amir is a world beater. He needs to be used correctly. In transistion then around the hoop. Let some one else take his man on the perimeter.
    ...I thought Stuck is the man...let's see.
    ...And if they hit 3 3s in a row, move the D outward. 3s will kill you quicker than 2s.

11. linwood

linwood All-Star

I second that. You are a tornado fighting guru.

:smoke06:

12. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

I aint fought Poo

13. Delfino Delivers

Delfino Delivers Bench Warmer

Amir needs to be on the floor at least a few minutes in each half. He can give us some help defense at the rim and is quick enough to make things tuff on Turkeyglue. We also need to play ball denial defense on the perimeter. Let DHo get his in the paint while we keep the shooters off balance. Press up on them and make them score off the dribble. Use AA, Herman and Amir to chase them off the 3 point line. We have enough bigs to contend with Howard. Make him score 40 to beat us.

I don't think he can!!!!!

14. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

You shouldn't fight Pooh. He's a tough ole' bear.

[​IMG]

15. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

The lil sissy Pooh, I beat up.
    DD some think Amir can't defend the perimeter. He's afraid guys will blow by him. Maybe he gives up too much space.