Pistons/Magic 2nd Round Game 4 Sat May 10 5pm

Discussion in '2008 Playoffs' started by max, May 8, 2008.

1. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

I missed this game folks. Anyone know about it being rerun on NBA TV or something??
  2. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 Team Captain Forum Donor

Good observation, fwoompf. I almost forgot about that one. That was as graceful and beautiful a block as you will ever see and every bit as good as his other famous blocks. The Reggie Miller block will always be the most memorable because of Reggie's reaction, but he flicked the ball out of Mo Evans' hands like he was a magician: Now you see it, now you don't.
  3. st8ofmind

st8ofmind Bench Warmer

4:00 am on ESPN2
  4. daveg725

daveg725 First Round Draft Pick

i'm surprised there hasn't been more %%%%%ing about AA and Amir not playing...if we lose and they don't play--we lost BECAUSE they didn't play. If we win and they don't play...people just forget taht we won without them.
  5. st8ofmind

st8ofmind Bench Warmer

yeah, but I'm just happy there is less %%%%%ing

Afflalo cannot be on the floor with Hunter or Dixon.

And Stuckey needs rip out there.
  6. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

Even if the Magic had pulled this one out in the final seconds, it would have been hard to blame this loss on not playing those guys. Not that it would have stopped some people from trying, but the primary thing those two can bring--defense--was certainly not the problem in the second half, with Orlando scoring only 34 points total. The Pistons should certainly be able to win games whenever they hold the other team under 90.
  7. Delfino Delivers

Delfino Delivers Bench Warmer

Still think we win going away if we let AA guard Lewis half the game and get him more frustrated. :MusicBigGrin:
  8. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

Whoa!!!!

Looks like I will not see this game!!!!!!!!!!!!
  9. st8ofmind

st8ofmind Bench Warmer

I think we'll do that in game 5 a little more, remember that rooks tend to struggle away from the nest (the palace), which is multiplied in the playoffs.
  10. st8ofmind

st8ofmind Bench Warmer

No alarm or VCR?

I know I'll be watching if/when the 8 month old gets me up. ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHH
  11. Delfino Delivers

Delfino Delivers Bench Warmer

I hope so. I would like to see us win by enough to get 5-10 for AJ also. Does anyone think he'll get any more minutes the rest of the season (excluding GT)?
  12. st8ofmind

st8ofmind Bench Warmer

Depends on matchups.

Amir could get a little KG time, and if we are lucky enough he could matchup well with a couple guys that would come out of the west.
  13. Syg

Syg First Round Draft Pick

This definitively was a fun game to watch. Good thing we won. Now we got to do the same at the Palace, still without CB for sure.

I want to see the Tay's block u're talking about. I missed a lot of the game.

Hunter still plays good enough. Its kinda like a formula, a really old veteran like Hunter and a really young rookie as Stuckey make a good replacement of Billups. Not the best, but good enough. Rasheed didnt lose his mind, thats good. And impressive the boards that Dyess got, specially the off ones.

Lets go man, we're this far from the ECF.
  14. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

I'll concur. If AA had played instead of Arvis, and played more we wouldn't have been down by so much and won by wayyyy more for sure; at least 20. AA can guard Lewis. And that's not even counting the positives Amir would've added. :swords:

Only half-joking . . .

It should be better next game.

edited to add;
    Amir would match-up great against all the potential West teams, Hornets,Lakers,Spurs, they all are undersized to a degree except maybe the Spurs with KT but Opberto plays extensively for them.

Anyone know why McDyess started instead? I know Max has been struggling . . . Is this a permanent thing?
  15. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

WOW-WEE !
    Let's hear it for Lens.
    Old man is still kickin':)
  16. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Gritty.

Dyess got the start instead of Maxiell and had a very passionate game. Overall, he had more rebounds and blocks than Howard and the same number of points. I will take that! His 2 offensive rebounds toward the end of the game were difficult and true game savers. If they don't stand out in your memory, go review the film. They were HUGE.

Also huge were the tough shots that Sheed, Rip, and Tay hit to get out to a lead in the 4th.

Lindsey did enough and his two 3-pointers were gifts from the gods. Found points.

If we would have lost this game, we would have been all over several players and Flip in here, so let's just accept that it was a difficult game and we came away with the W. Certain players struggled, but others came through. That seems to be our formula this post season.

Gritty.
  17. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

Bulletin Board material. Hope the Pistons are listening . . .

18. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Nelson and Dooling were working us over pretty good in the 1st half but then they faded out.
  19. mikhail1973

mikhail1973 All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion

Kiev - Farmington Hills, MI - Santa Clara, CA
    What else can they say? It's over?
  20. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

i think flip's defensive scheme on Howard is good. They've contained him rather well and the guys have not allowed too many easy buckets. Howard is working very hard. starting dyess was a good change too. i think if we lost, you couldn't blame flip for it. we were in it until the end and that no time out was a good idea since it never allowed them to really set their defense. you can't really ask for more.
    credit rip for playing his game and coming up big too.