Pistons-Orlando trade *CONFIRMED*

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by DaviaG-Rap, Feb 11, 2006.

1. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Re: Pistons-Orlando trade *RUMOR*

Joe would have to be smoking something to agree to this trade. Even with all of Arroyo's faults, I am sure he can provide a better backup at the one than Hunter. We have only seen Hunter for 12 seconds this season, so whose to say that he even has anything left in the tank. Also according to published reports, Cato will probably waived anyway.

I would rather see Joe deal with the Raptors and maybe see if they will take DM & CA for maybe Antonio Davis & Mike James then the Magic scenario. Or even go back to the Hawks and see if they are still willing to swap Darko & cash for Al Harrington. Don't know all of the salary implications, so I am just throwing out names that will help THIS season.

If Jameer Nelson is thrown into the mix from the Magic, then I give my approval here as head of the Rancho Cucamonga, CA Piston fans!:fingerscr
  2. tpaPistonFan

tpaPistonFan First Round Draft Pick

The Detroit Pistons have won 3 championships. Only Joe Dumars has been apart of all 3, so whatever he decides to do will more than likely be the right thing. If he thought Darko was going to make an impact he wouldn't trade him. So if he does trade Darko then I expect a similiar career path that Rodney White had. If he doesn't then I am positive that Darko can be something. The fact is only a select few know what Darko is capable of. Non of us are in that group, so please don't fool yourself and think you are.

We are nothing more than Monday morning quarterbacks who make a living doing something every different than that of a bball GM. As much as I value your opinions (cough, cough) I am pretty certain JD could care a less and non of us will influence his decision.

I am still curious if this isn't a leak that was created to get more interest from other teams. I am racking my brain trying to figure out when a JD trade went down and we were this informed of the people involved. Time will tell and I am sure some will be happy and others will be mad. I only care that we win a championship this year.

1 thing that does bother me on this forum. Why are we so passionate about 2 players that barely average 12 minutes between the 2 of them? We have the best record in the league, 4 all stars and some team is offering us (at the very least) $8.5 mil salary releif and a #1 draft pick. Do you all realize that every team in the NBA wished they were the Detroit Pistons right now?? We have a very young team between the 1, 2 and 3 position (both starters and bench).
  3. bball jay

bball jay Bench Warmer Forum Donor

we are a very old team at the 4 and 5. quality big men aren't as easy to get in the draft or free agency as it is to acquire a 1,2 or 3. that's why this trade makes no sense.

a trade of darko wouldn't mean darko is anything like rodney white. it would mean that darko forced joe's hand and asked for a trade. joe knows he's going to lose darko to free agency so why not make a trade and get something out of the deal.
  4. MotownPride

MotownPride Starter 2x Fantasy Champion

Kato was soft in Houston.

Injury prone in Orlando.

Lazy defender.

I'd be surprised if Joe gave up Darko and Arroyo for this clown.
  5. himat

himat Bench Warmer

jow won't pull the trigger yet, he'll wait till the last second if he has to, to get a great deal. he might of done the deal if the upcoming draft prospects were great, but it's not the best class i think.
  6. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Been reading your stuff all day. You actually have me turned around on some of this Darko stuff. Proof positive that the power of constant suggestion works.

But I am interested in correcting some inaccuracies.

Darko is not going anywhere in free agency. Joe is in control. Period. Darko is a Piston for AT LEAST 2 more years (provided Joe wants him) and there is not a damn thing he can do about it.
  7. tpaPistonFan

tpaPistonFan First Round Draft Pick

I beg to differ we got Ben and Rasheed through trade and McNice and Davis from free agency. As a matter of fact, Darko is the only big we drafted that is on the team (if Amir/Mad Max is considered a 3).
  8. Hotsauce

Hotsauce First Round Draft Pick

lets face it, darko will not improve enough to get more playing time. We should get rid of him while he has some worth.

If i were Joe, I want: nelson and a 1st rounder.

Arroyo is easily a starting PG in this league and Darko is very young with "promise".:doh:

DEAL OR NO DEAL?
  9. Winless Wonders

Winless Wonders Starter Forum Donor

Kevin Pittsnogle is sweet. He is a rebounding machine and also can shoot the three. He has the mean streak that we thought Darko was supposed to have. I would take him if he was available in the draft with out hesitation. I heard that if we do the Orlando deal that we would waive Cato.
  10. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Check out Darko's hair. Looks like we're cleaning him up and shipping him out.
  11. pistonsloyalist

pistonsloyalist First Round Draft Pick

If this trade rumor has any validity, it seems to me what it demonstrates more than anything else is that Darko's trade value is very low, or to put it another way, other teams don't value him highly. Here is an interesting new piece on Darko with which I happen to agree:

http://www.sportscolumn.com/story/2006/1/14/12037/4095
  12. Laimbeer_84

Laimbeer_84 Second Round Draft Pick

13. TBird

TBird First Round Draft Pick

Don't like this too much either, mostly because we now have no backup PG. Hunter's a situational defender, not a full-time backup point. Maybe Joe has something else in mind.
  14. FreshPrince22

FreshPrince22 Bench Warmer

If Dumars plans on having Lindsey be our only backup PG, we are in for a world of hurt.
  15. Mad Hatter

Mad Hatter First Round Draft Pick

TaShawn
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Excellent article Pistonloyalist! A fitting Eulogy if ever there was one. It outta be framed!! :nod:
  16. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

TPAPistonfan is right on the money... we are only wanna be GM's... Joe has a whole staff of scouts and collegues to analyze our situation... we know squat compared to them!
    Doesn't mean we can't offer our opinions... always nice when ya hit one outta the park (or just a lucky guess).
    So here's just one more insignificant opinion...
    The trade rumors are more than just internet discussions... I'll wait on Parker's piece tomorrow but Greg & Fred obviously have been talking to Joe about the trade possibilities... if Joe said he would have to get another PG back in a deal for Arroyo then you know damn well that a trade is likely.... combine this with Joes's comment of admiting when you made a mistake.
    We've heard Joe talk about Piston DNA... if you look at Joe's background he knows very well what the difference is in winning players vs. potential talent.... mental toughness in big games... unselfish play... ability to lock down on defense... won't back down when challanged....
    Does Darko & Arroyo fit this criterea?
    Ben sure does... he'll get to the ball when the Krystics & DMC's won't bother... he can out leap these guys... and he won't punk out under pressure.
    I think Darko will do well on another team where he can be a bigger part of the picture... I see him as the guy that puts up 12 points in the first half and disappears when the game is on the line.... Arroyo is batting about .250 now... he simply doesn't have the athletisism to win the battles (considering defense and finishing).

Time for confessions... I was 100% wrong about Delfino... not because he's played stellar ball on a regular basis... but because he's tough and will get in your face.... he should be able to develop and grow on this team.
    The rumors are real and Darko & Arroyo will be moved before next year.... I believe Joe is just hedging his offers and will eventually ship Darko out west.
    Did you notice that since Flip has arrived Darko doesn't bother to go inside anymore?... He was supposed to be able to play his own game... you know take his man off the dribble... spot up etc...I think LB had it right... make a man out of him first and let him become a complete player (Sheed at least goes inside)... If Darko were getting it done in practice Joe would not be entertaining offers (unless Darko forced a trade).
    I don't like moving a young center with potential but we can't fight the battle forever... it's nothing to be happy about.... we lose (#2 pick)
  17. pistonsloyalist

pistonsloyalist First Round Draft Pick

I don't think Darko has much trade value, and I personally doubt that he will ever start on an NBA team. I could even see him going back to Europe to play pro ball. To me, he has a very lazy approach to the game, lacks the necessary instincts (or maybe smarts) for the NBA game, and seems perpetually lost on the court. If Joe is shopping him, it means that Joe has given up on Darko and is just trying to cut his losses.
  18. Mad Hatter

Mad Hatter First Round Draft Pick

mercury
    Add me to that club, and I ain't ashamed to admit it! I get the feeling Delfino's gonna seriously "break out" one of these games. Did you see him grab the ball off the floor one handed by palming it, picking it up and dribbling while on the run? His defense has improved almost overnight. I'm getting more comfortable with him. I also get the feeling that Acker may surprise.

Last year, Hunter played most of the backup minutes; especially in key games. With Delfino's emergence, maybe we can get by with a lil more beef up front. What the hell, life's a gamble.
  19. FreshPrince22

FreshPrince22 Bench Warmer

Delfino's complete 180 on the defensive end is one of the reasons I am skeptical at getting rid of Darko. Delfino was probably the worst defender on the team last year. This year he is looking like one of the best on the ball defenders in the league. He also appeared to have a crap attitude (similar to Darko). And all it took was for Delfino to have a few minutes thrown his way for a complete turnaround.
  20. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

I'm on board with this kid also (as is Lee)... I really would like to see him play... it sounds like he may be on his way to Fayetteville (with A.J)... they show these NBDL games at least twice a week on NBATV... IMO this is one of Joe's rabbits in the hat for the future.