Pistons-Orlando trade *CONFIRMED*

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by DaviaG-Rap, Feb 11, 2006.

1. 16 Mile

16 Mile Bench Warmer

Re: Pistons-Orlando trade *RUMOR*

True, but what good does it do Joe to pay Darko 12 mil over 2 years to sit on the bench, and then be forced to decide to match a big offer or let Darko go for nothing.

Sounds like Darko is in control. You can trade him now and get something back, or you can pay him, and then get nothing back.

2. Laimbeer_84

Laimbeer_84 Second Round Draft Pick

3. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

That was pretty amazing. I have a pet theory that you can predict basketball success by measuring the size of the player's hands. Delfino's seem nearly as long as his arms.

Surely someone somewhere measures player hand size...

4. bball jay

bball jay Bench Warmer Forum Donor

actually you have the order wrong. the softer, gentler western conference "players coach" took the minutes away before darko starting giving less effort. him taking away the minutes was actually the cause of less effort.

yup. he also had the same 3 former all stars to choose to play instead of the young big fella. you have to look at that fact too. darko was always giving effort until he finally realized that he was not going to play anytime soon as a piston as long as our 3 bigs were here.

flip didn't have that conclusion when darko was leading the nba in blocks in the preseason. he only got down on darko when he suddenly cut him out of the rotation. flips love of the starters has already been exposed. he doesn't even play the bench in blowouts. he's so scared to take them off the court he might get a loss. he's under a lot of pressure i guess.

5. Fool

Fool First Round Draft Pick

Ben Wallace's hands.

[​IMG]

6. bball jay

bball jay Bench Warmer Forum Donor

can't wait to buy my magic jersey

i hope this trade goes down. darko really compliments d. howard. arroyo is going to love dropping dimes to d.howard and darko. say what you will about arroyo but he gets his big men easy shots. with this trade orlando will be making some noise in the post season next year. they will be younger, bigger and more skilled than our starting frontline.

i'm also glad joe is giving the starting 5 a chance to age together.

7. Fool

Fool First Round Draft Pick

Re: can't wait to buy my magic jersey

If the trade happens, no way Nelson isn't starting for that team by the start of next year.

8. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

If the deal goes Cato & a pick for Carlos & Darko, can Hunter handle the backup point guard duties for the remainder of the year? It's painful watching him shoot the ball. Will the payoff on defense be enough?

Do we trade the draft choice for a nice backup, or wait until next year and draft a (potentially) good one?
    Dumars is a much better trader than he is a drafter.

So many questions. Who will we dog in here once Darko is gone? Who will Jay defend? What number will Darko wear on his Jersey? Will it be 357?

How sucessful do we really want him to be? A stud? A flop? In the middle?

So many questions.:noidea: It should be interesting to watch the answers unfold. Good ole' Darko.

9. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

I wonder if Joe knew that he was going to trade Darko when he exercised the option to extend the contract.

At this point, I guess I'll be excited to see Darko and Arroyo playing somewhere else. It will give me one more team to have to watch on league pass.

10. Abe Froemen

Abe Froemen First Round Draft Pick

I remember when we drafted Darko that they did not want him to wear #31 because of the numbers bad voodoo miki moore had wore #31 and so had scott pollard they wanted him to pick a number that was a winner. I dont remember what number they wanted him to pick but he insisted on 31

11. DarkoWatcher

DarkoWatcher First Round Draft Pick

holy crap this is big. i here it is very close to happening. boy oh boy i am exited darko would play big minites in orlando. is there a magicforum.com?

12. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Joe was quoted during the game last night saying that he would be looking for a backup point if the deal went down. Can't imagine he would trade Arroyo without having a lead somewhere on a replacement unless...

HE AND FLIP PUT TP AT THE POINT FOR TEN OR TWELVE A NIGHT!!!! :eyebrows:

13. armygirl

armygirl Bench Warmer Forum Donor

I am not overly concerned regarding this trade. Next year I will buy my Amir Johnson, Alex Acker & Jmax Jersy's. Joe is salivating at the potential of A. Johnson. Even if Darko pans out in Orlando, I think AJ & Jmax will make you quickly forget.

Secondly, Joe will not leave us with only Lindsay as a backup. Don't be surprised if we end up getting a top tier player as only JD can orchestrate, (ala Rasheed) i.e.

14. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

i'm inclined to agree with you, but why not tell orlando, cato + nelson for darko + arroyo, and keep the draft pick? there's our quality backup right there ... unless joe thinks he can snag mike james back from toronto or something.

also don't rule out signing tim thomas until the end of the year if chicago waves him, since he'll already be getting paid and might wanna hop on the championship wagon for cheap.

15. max

max All-Star

As reported on WDFN the deal is set except for restrictions on the draft pick and which year we would get it. ORL wants it top 10 protected and DET wants in only top 5.
    If the seson ended today Orlando would be slated for the 5th pick so this can be a sticking point.

If we ended up with the 7th or 8th pick would it be worth it? Heck yea...

16. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Hey Darkowatcher, nice knowin' ya. If the deal goes down, check back in from time to time, you got friends here.
    ...DT, I guess you missed the missing c in successful. Bad proof read I guess.
    ...I think TDrib is going because he was LBs boy, time to wash all that out. If he misses out on a ring...expect him to blow his top one more time.

17. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

I don't like this one at all. Pairing D12 and DMC, they compliment each other too well, they will be murdererous in 4 years, assuming the mgmnt in Orl ddoesn't screw it all up. I like this deal better.......
    Include Denver and lets send Cato and MoEvans to Denv.
    DMC and Arroyo to Orl
    and we get Watson,Nene,and Vo.
    Now that would make me happy.

18. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

LOL. Good eye & Touche'.

No, not a bad proofread. I just plain botched the word. No excuses.

It still doesn't compare to your classic of a few days ago, though. I would have needed to spell my word "suxcezpholl" to compete with yours.:wink:

19. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 Team Captain Forum Donor

I'd hate to see this thing blow up over the sticking point, but I also don't want Detroit getting screwed.

20. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

What Joe if pulled this one off, we move Cato and Mo Evans to Atl for Delk and Al Harrington. That way DMC turns into a pick and and BigAl........think Atl would be that stupid???? I mean they're losing Al anyway and Delk is on IR. Now our bench is LH,Delf,Al,Dyess&Dale........oh man that's sweet and we can start suiting up maxiel again. IMHO, Al would be more potent in Flips system than Tayshaun.