1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

Pistons Pre-season games thread

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by kpaav, Oct 10, 2013.

1. webz

webz All-Star Snub Administrator 2x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Making a more concerted effort to get in the post at the start of the 3rd. We have only 4 points in the paint. Smith posted twice leading to a kick out 3 for Singler and a defensive 3 second call. Drummond posts Boozer and gets fouled.

Bynum has been trying to penetrate but once he gets in the paint he makes the wrong decision, usually trying to finish on his own over 3 Bulls.

2. kpaav

kpaav Team Captain Forum Donor

Does league pass broadband let you retroactively watch a game? Like, since I am on the West Coast could I log in after work and watch the game that just ended or would I have to get the Cable version and DVR?

3. webz

webz All-Star Snub Administrator 2x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Yes it does. Not sure if there is any difference between LP broadband in the States and International, so you may want to check with them about that. I am international.

kpaav likes this.
  4. S.J.

S.J. All-Star Forum Donor

Awful game. I really hope to see more effort from everybody once the season start.

del likes this.
  5. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

That was really hard to watch. It was how all of the articles criticizing the Smith/Monroe/Drummond fit said it would go. Hopefully it is just because we were overmatched against a good defensive team without Jennings...

This is really the first time I've seen some of these guys play against a real NBA team and not on a grainy internet video. Mitchell looks like that guy who has never really been coached. Bad hands fouls, really dumb goaltends, hyperactive on offense, not boxing out, etc. He's clearly athletic as heck, so hopefully he can figure out the garbage man role quickly (needs to watch some JYD videos from the Pistons library).

Siva and Bynum both looked too short and were too eager to challenge Chicago's bigs at the rim with really poor results. They limited turnovers somehow and got some assists, but it wasn't the usual lob fest (I credit CHI for this mainly).

I was most impressed with Pope. I thought he looked very quick with his feet and seemed to have the highest motor out there. Shot looked confident too. He may not start the first game out of respect for CB, but I can't imagine that he won't quickly win the spot.

Monroe's elbow J just doesn't go down. It's a shame because we need him to make it and he gets as many from there as he wants with our lineup.

Also I can't stand preseason whistles. No rhythm whatsoever.

S.J. likes this.
  6. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

Yes, but for some reason, the preseason is not an option. Maybe it's a regional thing.

7. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Billups started this one, with Bynum. Singler in now. Not sure who he subbed for though as it is not in the log yet. Same front line.

8. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

CB fouled by Dellavedova. OB. Billups misses. Bennet triples. 21-16 Cleveland. TO. I guess Singler has not actually entered game. The boxscore lists him as in, but is stuck on zero minutes.

9. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

3 left in 1st. Siva and Pope in. Siva to Monroe and he lays it in. We steal. They foul. Dellavedova fouls, clear path. Cleveland started Tristan Thompson, Mophead, Irving, Gee, Karasev. Siva makes both, and we get ball on clear path. Siva to Monroe, ends up with Singler and he is fouled. Singler makes both, we lead 22-21. Dellavedova misses. Drummond bounds. They steal. And dunk. To Monroe and he travels. So we have Siva, Pope, Singler, Monroe, Drummond in. Taylor misses. Smith back in. Dellavedova steals, they get layin. 25-22 Cleveland. Pope to Monroe, they steal again. Taylor lays it in. 27-22. Drummond has been replaced by Smith. 8 turns for the Pistons already. Smith makes a three. 27-25 Cleveland end of 1st.

Four turns in like a minute, with Siva and Pope in. Good they got a lead real fast, sure, they did not make the turns themselves - but I don't like seeing the Pistons getting this sloppy.

10. kpaav

A lot of turnovers trying to force feed Monroe. Not sure fit hats on Monroe or the passer.

11. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Dellavedova, Bennet, Taylor, Simms. Taylor misses. Drummond rebounds. JJ, Drummond, Pope, Siva, Smith. JJ misses. Sims hits. Drummond misses hook. Clark hits. 31-25 Cleveland. Siva brings it up. JJ misses hook on the run. They bound. Sims hits another. JJ gets blocks, but gets it back and scores. TO

12. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

I tend to blame the guards. If they get a pass into our bigs, it should be such that our bigs our comfortable receiving the ball with a plan to score or toss it out to an open shooter. Everyone has to be in place to make a good play. However, I will give our two young guards a pass here, since they entered after Bynum had things mucked up. If they get to stay in for a good stretch, then I will judge them directly.

13. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

They miss. Drummond rebound. Bynum lays it in. Pope fouls. Yes, Bynum is back in. So much for seeing how good we can get after Bynum is out of the way for a while. 0-2. They steal, Singler fouls. OB. Bennet misses. Singler saves it to them for a dunk. Bad play on Singler. JJ misses 3. Dellavedova misses. JJ bound. JJ misses. Airball. 35-29 Cleveland. Thompson back in for Bennet. JJ foul. CB back for Pope. 1-2. I see Billups has 3 assists, no turns. But 0-4 now as he misses. But we get the ball after it goes OB off them. Bynum, Billups, Singler, JJ, Drummond. Some sloppy play, we have the ball. TO.

14. kpaav

Man. We need better guard play. Get well soon Jennings.

15. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Bynum throws it out of bound trying to feed Drummond. They miss. JJ misses 3. Clark vs. Singler. Clark hits. Bynum to Drummond to Bynum cutting for layup. They miss. CB is fouled. Karasev fouls. Irving in Thompson, Mophead and Gee in. Andre backs in on Gee. He misses. They miss. CB bounds and hits pullup 3. Irving misses triple try, but they bound. Turn on them trying to feed inside. Foul on Irving. 38-34 Cleveland. Pistons starters in, vs. their starters right now. Foul on Gee. They steal. Thompson dunks. They knock the ball out of bounds. Still our ball. Smith vs. Gee. To CB, who is fouled on 3. By Karasev. Makes 2-3. Irving jump ball as stuck.

16. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

We win tap. Offensive foul turnover on bad screen by Drummond. Thompson misses. Monroe bounds. Greg hooks and hits. Two point game. Foul by CB. TO.

17. kpaav

Kyrie embarrassing Bynum

18. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

3 left in half. K misses. Bynum lays it in. 40-40. Irving to Thompson for dunk. Smith misses hook. Blocking foul on CB. Gee 1-2. CB hits fall away. Gee misses inside. Singler triples. Singler just came in for Drummond. Mophead tied up by Will. They win tipoff. Thompson misses. Smith bound. They steal,but we steal back and layin by Smith. And then Smith steals it again. Smith O foul. 47-43 us. We steal and Monroe jams.

19. kpaav

Great interior defense!

20. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Irving hits last second 3. 49-46 us at half. Can't tell for sure since I am just listening to the radio, but it seems Billups has taken over the point guard duties for this stretch. Anyone watching the game, let me know.

We used a nine man rotation. Bynum, Billups, Pope in the backcourt. Singler, JJ, Smith, Monroe, and Drummond up front.

They only guy sitting out this one so far that I wish was playing instead is Mitchell.