Pistons Ready to Serve Heat Another Warm Slice of Humble Pie

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by ggazoo69, Sep 1, 2005.

1. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

B.p.f.

Right. I think the Pistons learned their lessons about the importance of home court. Hopefully they are hungry enough and work hard enough to win.

Just remember, it doesn't matter whom "we" as fans take lightly or seriously. It's fun to talk about, but it will neither help nor hinder the Pistons performance on the court in the least. So even if everyone on this forum thinks a team stinks , it only matters what the Pistons think and how that team actually performs.
  2. pistonsloyalist

pistonsloyalist First Round Draft Pick

Sound Analysis

I think in the end Detroit lost because of 3 things and if any one of them had been different the outcome of the series would have changed: (1) Rasheeds goof, (2) Billups touchdown pass with a 9 point lead that I thought changed the momentum (good thing the family wasn't home when that happened...I jumped off the couch and started cussing...I knew it was gonna be huge), and (3) Miami wore us down and it took playing 2 games to just get into it emotionally. Heck, even as a fan I wasn't ready for more action until the third game.

I agree with your analysis. I would add a fourth reason -- namely, L.B.'s decision to sit Rahseed and Dyce simultaneously (due to foul trouble) in game 7, which enabled a struggling Tim Duncan to regain his confidence and his shooting touch, and take control of the game.
  3. LanierFan

LanierFan Bench Warmer

Could double-dealing in Miami be the first sign of too many stars and not enough balls? Check out this quote from a story about Damon Jones by ESPN's Ric Bucher, enjoying his role as the one media voice who's not crazy 'bout the Heat: