Pistons sign Jarvis Hayes

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by himat, Aug 16, 2007.

1. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

1) Not really
    and 2) these is the kind of info that I like.
  2. buddahfan

buddahfan Retired from Forum

On a team like the Wiz when you replace one of their 3 big scorers and ave only 9 points in 24 minutes, that is why they let him go.
  3. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

4. pistonsin6

pistonsin6 First Round Draft Pick

Not really. Read through what the Gstate fans are saying about Mikheal Pietrus, or Miami fans regarding Posey or Pistons fans about Delfino. It will always be an overly negative slant.
  5. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

There is a lot of positive in there too. That is why I thought it was a good read.

When some players leave a team, all the forumites complain that he has left and they blame the coach, GM, etc. With Jarvis, they seem to think he was being played out of position there and could possibly be a better fit with us. They don't mind him leaving, because it would have been more of the same for him there.

I think we felt that way about guys like Maurice Evans. Not a big deal that he left, but wish him luck.
  6. max

max All-Star

Yes I think thats about it. Its a low risk move, not costing much, with Mejia as the only player who would really be effected. And who knows if Mejia is even going to make it in this league.

Johnson/Maxiel were not going to play any SF anyway. I expect them to see some time at the center spot.

Stucky should not be effected unless Flip decides to play Hayes 20+ per game by also using him as a backup guard. Afflo was not going to play much either way.
  7. himat

himat Bench Warmer

I think Afflalo could see a lot of minutes. He will be the primary backup behind either Rip or Tayshaun, and the same goes for Hayes. Afflalo could see 10-15 mpg along with Hayes.

Chauncey/Stuckey
    Rip/Afflalo
    Tayshaun/Hayes
    Rasheed/Dice, J Max, Amir
    Nazr/Webber (if he stays)

Those are the guys who I think the Pistons will be playing significant minutes throughout the season. Anyone think that J Max should start? Rasheed could than come in and help at C or PF depending on what is needed during that game. If Rasheed plays C he won't get worn out if it's managed right. Instead of playing 30 mpg PF he could play around 20 mpg at C. Dice, J Max, and Amir would fill in at PF.
  8. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

IMO the biggest cost of this move is the roster spot. JH seems like a great gamble the upside/salary ratio looks sweet but we got a bunch pf people who COULD (maybe not excel there) play the 3 as with our undersized or underweight forwards. This does little to ease the Naz conundrum. It looks like we will be fronting Dyess and Sheed at the 5.
  9. lemonpen

lemonpen First Round Draft Pick

Strange, when $$$$ starts to burn a hole in the wifes purse she just comes home with more shoes :mmph: .

I guess guess Joe likes stray cats.
  10. FCBarca

FCBarca Second Round Draft Pick

It's a good point, I think he's always been a bit of a 2 guard stuck in a 3 body, even back at Georgia...But, he has been injury prone and perhaps the reason why he's settled for the jumpshot.

I think the bigger issue, even at the backup position, is that apart from being a poor defender he's not a very good rebounder for his size either...That's where I thought at least Udoka would've been a better fit.

In the end, a castoff of the Wizards?...I mean, let's call a spade a spade here...If he can't cut it in Washington, I don't see how he 'fits' here.

Just feel like this was a move of desperation really.
  11. FCBarca

FCBarca Second Round Draft Pick

Bother James with his length?...Come on now, let's be realistic here...Jarvis Hayes is not a defender and his length will only be useful in picking him out on the poster when he gets dunked on by James...Length doesn't amount to much if you don't have the ability to defend.

And the problem with the logic behind the 'injuries behind him' tag is that his career has been riddled with injuries, hence the term 'injury prone'.
  12. himat

himat Bench Warmer

If Chauncey couldn't cut it on 7 other teams how did he 'fit' here?
  13. mikhail1973

mikhail1973 All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion

Kiev - Farmington Hills, MI - Santa Clara, CA
    Wizards didn't want Ben Wallace, Rip Hamilton, Sheed, and others, so what does that mean?
  14. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

They did want Michael Jordan though... when he was 40!!!
  15. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

Please don`t get me started on the sorry Wizards.......

Come to think of it, we could very well see a much improved Jarvis Hayes, maybe his breakout season!!!

He will be elated he is out of DC........
  16. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

17. max

max All-Star

I would like to see Maxiel start at center. I am serious. Mohammed seems to play better off the bench.
  18. himat

himat Bench Warmer

So you want this lineup??

PG: Billups
    SG: Rip
    SF: Tayshaun
    PF: Sheed
    C: Maxiel

I think this would be better...

PG: Billups
    SG: Rip
    SF: Tayshaun
    PF: Maxiell
    C: Sheed
  19. Pwn Toney

Pwn Toney All-Star Forum Donor

This is a ridiculous move. All I know is Joe better have some baddass deal on the table to move several pieces for a reasonable big man. If we have to start another season with Half-Price in the middle, there should be violent revolt.
  20. Pwn Toney

Pwn Toney All-Star Forum Donor

Flip doesn't even utilize Hamilton running off of screens so how is Hayes going to be effective in this capacity?