Pistons sign Mohammed

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by BillLaimbeer, Jul 4, 2006.

1. Pwn Toney

Pwn Toney All-Star Forum Donor

We gave a way 5-6 Mil per year to Nazr......I hate life sometimes.
  2. himat

himat Bench Warmer

Thanks roscoe. Nazr Mohammad isn't the greatest news. Where is the patient Joe D.? He could of done better right?
  3. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 Starter Forum Donor

I'll be happy to accept that. It's much more than I'm making now. 'Course, I'd never leave the bench.
  4. himat

himat Bench Warmer

Chris McCoskey and 1130 say that it's a 4 year 25 million offer. Which offer is right?
  5. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

4 @ $25 might be closer to the truth.

$5 million
    $5.4 million
    $5.8 million
    $6.2 million

Roughly $22.4 over 4 years. $25 is close becase we don't know what the MLE is really for the first year, and that first year sets the raises.
  6. SKluck

SKluck First Round Draft Pick

The only options on the market were Nazr and Pryzbilla. Pryzbilla said he would decide by tuesday morning so apparently he said no. He's got a bit of potential over what he has shown in Portland, which was why he would've been good. Nazr unfortunately has displayed all he is going to do for a team. Let's see how he responds to being a full time starter because SA almost always split his minutes with Rasho. He's a young big body, finally we got a C that doesn't need a walker. His conditioning is questionable, so I don't know if he can even play 30 minutes a game. Maybe that is why SA didn't give him a whole lot of minutes. Overall, I'm satisfied. I can see Sheed+Nazr working pretty well.

Btw did the spurs just lose BOTH of their Cs? I know they have the rights to some young C talent in europe, but thats a bit weird.

I'm seriously considering not coming back here until september. It's only been 16 hours and I'm already at wits end with all these %%%%ing whiners.
  7. himat

himat Bench Warmer

I give up hoping for now. I can't believe Ben will be on the other bench when he comes to the Palace.
  8. ggazoo69

People have a right to whine, but they should also be realistic, too. I'm waiting with bated breath the suggested alternatives to what Joe has done. I'd rather have Mohammed over Joel. He has playoff experience.
  9. ahb

ahb Bench Warmer

Actually, Kelvin Cato was on the market, too. Kelvin Cato is a better player than Nazr Mohammed is.
    Shouldn't that tell us all we need to know about Nazr Mohammed? Even with nobody behind him but superscrub Fabricio Oberto, the Spurs didn't care to re-sign his stone handed, no-D young big body.
  10. MainManJoeD

MainManJoeD First Round Draft Pick

Devil's Advocate Here.
    Mohammed was actually quite solid for the Knicks the year before last, and I was shocked when they traded him (he seemed like the only guy playing hard out there). In 28 minutes he got 11 and 8 with a block and steal. He was pretty close to that last average year (17 min, 6 and 5). That's about 18 and 13 per 48 minutes. Not too shabby. His minutes dropped off alot last year because of the platoon with Nesterovic. He might be able to get 28 a night with us. If we can coax anywhere near that kind of production out of him, he may be a servicable replacement for 6 mil a year. It did always seem to me that he had stone hands, bt actually his TOs arent that high.
  11. aurora

aurora Bench Warmer

Everyone deals with disappointment differently. I could just as easily say that the "shut down the shock and disappointment and discuss the next personnel move we have no control over whatsoever" is just as dysfunctional as a coping strategy. Live and let live, man.:mad: :)
  12. SKluck

SKluck First Round Draft Pick

I'd trust Nazr with the ball over Ben any day of the week and twice on sunday.
  13. armygirl

armygirl Bench Warmer Forum Donor

On a happier note, Nazr & Tayshaun played 1 or 2 years together. I wonder did Tay bend Joe's ear a little about Nazr and his potential.
  14. himat

himat Bench Warmer

I liked him when he was a Knick, but he sucked in San Antonio. If he can produce like he did in New York it would make the best of a very bad situation. When did Tay play with Nazr?
  15. ggazoo69

At the University of Kentucky.
  16. himat

himat Bench Warmer

I have no idea what Joe sees in Nazr, but I hope he turns out good.
  17. TWOTIMESRALPHI

TWOTIMESRALPHI Starter 3x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

WTF? Is Joe serious? Is he trying to blow everything that he's build or what? I just don't get it- he traded Darko for Ben's extension and now he doesn't use the money on Ben, uses the MLE for Mohammed and we can forget about Wells or Harrington- we'll probably have to say bye- bye to the the ship and it feels strange to be mediocre again.
  18. dozero

dozero First Round Draft Pick

I'd rather have Nazr the Joel. We're gearing up for a more up tempo style under Flip (get use to it, folks). We're going to need someone that can run and finish without fear of being fouled. Joel was not a FT maker and would put us in the same situations as Ben. True, Ben gave us defence, but the game's changing. Unless something BIG happens, this lineup can still run with the best of them. And, we'll see more of the bench and that will be the difference. Hunter and Delfino in the backcourt is not great, but not bad (yes, I'm still rooting for Delfino and still would have taken Delk over Hunter - better ball handling, penertrating and scoring around the rim with TD and CD)
  19. #1Burn02

#1Burn02 Second Round Draft Pick

:doh: I don't like this signing at all. I would rather have Melvin Ely than Moham.
  20. linwood

linwood All-Star

Nazr left as a Junior. I don't think he ever played with Tay.