Pistons/Sixers 1st Round Game 5, April 29th, 7:00 PM

Discussion in '2008 Playoffs' started by Dlev59, Apr 28, 2008.

1. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

Pistons/Sixers 1st Round Game 5, April 29th, 7:00 PM

TV - NBA TV

Some thought this series would be over in four games. Some thought this game would be the last as the Pistons moved on. Well, it is now a three game series as game five comes to the Palace with the series tied at two games each.

Has the Pistons finally figured out the athletic 76`ers? Can Mo Cheeks make yet another adjustment to go up 3-2 against the favored Pistons.
  2. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

I think the Pistons may have broken the 6ers in the second half of Game 4.
  3. round

round All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion

agreed roscoe..... except they were still fighting till the last min...

IF we come out and play the first 5 mins like we played the 3rd quarter though.... we could kill there spirit. But I think they'll come out strong again in game 6. That is who there coach is.... they just play hard all the time. There young and just dont know anybetter.
  4. CloudWalker

CloudWalker Bench Warmer

I dunno.

Dre Miller doesn't fear Billups at all.

I am beginning to think Green feels he is at least just as good as Rip.

Dalembert knows he is intimidating.

Evans is too crazy to care about anything that makes sense. Like the fact that he shouldn't be shooting out there.

All depends on where the switch is pointing I reckon.
  5. KP

KP First Round Draft Pick

I think one of the Sixers' attributes that make them a tough matchup for us is that they don't break - they keep coming. I hope the Piston players aren't thinking that they've broken their opponent because I'm pretty darn sure that Philly isn't done competing.
  6. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Stuck - three offensive boards, second highest on the team.

Rip & CB - eleven boards between them.

When guards rebound, teams win.
  7. roscoe36

What I meant is, for the first time in the series, I saw dejection and frustration on the 6ers faces.

I think their loose, cinderella-like confidence has passed. They got close enough to think they can win, and now they are putting pressure on themselves.
  8. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

Yes, under most circumstances and with most teams you would certainly think so. And perhaps they did break their spirit.

But remember, the Pistons giveth and the Pistons taketh away...and giveth again.

It's just as probable that game 5 will go like game one. Pistons come out smoking and then start screwing around...Sixers get new life.

I simply cannot gauge this team. Can you? Can anyone??
  9. max

max All-Star

Yes I saw it too. The Sixers gave the Pistons their best shot and got totally smoked. They had to know that this game was the series for them.

I can't go to the game but I hope all those going to the game cheer loudly and support the team.
  10. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

I didn't see any of the game last night, but it makes sense to point out the difference between it and Game 2. Both were basically must-wins for the Pistons--you can't go down 0-2 if you started the series with home court, and you can't go down 3-1 no matter what--but Game 4 mattered a lot more to Philly than Game 2 did. In Game 2, they had already stolen Game 1, and since coming back home with a split was all they could have realistically been shooting before at the beginning of the series, they had already done what they set out to do. But having a 2-1 lead with Game 4 at home is much bigger for the lower-seeded team: you're really in the driver's seat if you win, but if you lose, you have no more overall advantage and no momentum.
  11. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

i will be there and the fans will be ready. yelling 'EAT IT' a lot after good plays seemed to work well last time.

game 2 wasn't dejecting for the 76ers, but i think last night was. they saw the perfect opportunity to go up 3-1 and blew it, despite playing hard. i think they're starting to see the writing on the wall, but again they never quit and the pistons can't let up now.
  12. PistonFanInCavsTown

PistonFanInCavsTown First Round Draft Pick

Their spirits may have sunk when they realized they gave back HCA, but Mo Cheeks is going to spend all day today drilling into them the fact that if they can steal another game at the Palace, they have a chance to win this series on their home floor in Game 6. I expect them to come out with LOTs of energy.

I was impressed with the Philly crowd in that first half. Seemed like they booed the Pistons on nearly every offensive possession in the 1st quarter.
  13. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

With Lb4Lb now saying he wants to coach again, will that subvert the 6ers at all?
    9.0 DR, these cats beat Boston 3 times.
  14. round

round All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion

na he wouldn't have resigned his place with them if he wanted to coach there again.
  15. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

He's not looking to unseat Cheeks [no pun intended]. I think he's looking at college.
    But looking at him you might think he has only a couple years left.
  16. adonis

adonis First Round Draft Pick

not much to say. Pistons in 6.
    Advantages: our guys will not rust waiting for other series to finish.
    Disadvantages: Zoo Crew is a big lie.
  17. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

Those who know me are aware that I'm neither hater nor troll. But where have you all been the last couple years?

What makes anyone so sure the Pistons will show up? Does anyone remember the Cleveland series last year?

Same coach. Same core players. A stronger bench. Philly is hungry. Yeah, they looked bothered when they lost. Maybe it's because it means a lot to them.

This series ain't over. I expect a very tight game five. If it's a blow out it will not go our way.
  18. max

max All-Star

I have a challenge for everyone. Lets try and think of ways that they can win rather than ways that they can't. Not just for this game but for the playoffs as a whole.

Here are 2

1) Sixers are 18-23 on the road and are probably feeling kind of deflated right now. Comming back and dominating the 2nd half probably did more damage to their psyche than if the Pistons had lead the whole way.

2) Rip is finally back. Someone commented in another thread how Rip was on fire in the 4th. Thats just him getting back to his usual self, thats what he does and he is a far surperior guard than Willie Green.
  19. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

I'll concur with Darth.

This series by no means is over, and by no means will be easy. We already gave the Sixers's confidence. Can't take it back now unless you completely demoralize them in Game 5, even then it would be hard to kill their spirit.

Philly thinks they let the game get away. They don't think DET won it

Flip keeps saying we are going to use our younger, more athletic players . . .

edited to add;

Max i wrote this post before your request for positive posts just so you know LOL

So i'll add something positive, We will relax at home, and in both games we have gotten big leads.
  20. roscoe36

You must make 10 positive posts. In a row!!!!