Pistons/Sixers game 4 Sun Apr 27 7PM

Discussion in '2008 Playoffs' started by max, Apr 26, 2008.

1. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

I now love Micheal Rosenberg.

Not sure if this is the right place for this, it sorta relates to Game 4/this series, and i put it here b/c i felt like more ppl would read it rather than articles worth mentioning.

Flip Saunders surely to lose job if Pistons lose to Sixers | Freep.com | Detroit Free Press

2. CloudWalker

CloudWalker Bench Warmer

I predicted that Curry was next in line in Chat, and people thought I was crazy.

I might be crazy ... :wacko:...but thats besides the point.

3. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

Well we're going to win so thats a moot point.

4. CloudWalker

CloudWalker Bench Warmer

I think we'll get all the way to the ECF's before we get pulverized.

Nothing as good as a first round knockout can happen to us.

5. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Do you have any idea how much crazy stuff gets said in chat? :)

Atta boy!

You/we must be the toughest fans on the planet. It's kinda cool.

6. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Rosie is a known organization mouth piece. If he's carrying this story, this way, it means that the Pistons are setting the stage from a propaganda viewpoint to let Saunders go.

Who knows when Flip lost the team exactly, but this article says to me, that Flip has now lost Dumars. He's no longer under the corporate veil of excuse making.

On the flip side (pardon the pun), it means the players might be getting a pass.

7. raxrets

raxrets Team Captain

Problem is that at the same time players have not demonstrated that they are actully "better" than coach or deserve better fate. Starters who decide to take every third game off are not worth of much.

Starters may think that they need more capable people around them but their have done NOTHNIG to encourage this process: why one good coach should wish to waste his time to complacent, maybe past their prime players?

I believe that now I have brought a new point of view to coach/players discussion.

8. PistonFanInCavsTown

PistonFanInCavsTown First Round Draft Pick

Sheed better show up for this game. In game 3 he looked like a 2nd grader playing in a midseason rec. league game after his dad told him he couldn't quit basketball.

My wife asked me if I was going to wear my Pistons shirt today. I actually had to think about it. I mean, if they don't seem to care about the playoffs then why should I? They could be down 0-3 to the Cavs and I'd proudly wear my shirt here in Cleveland if they played hard in all 3 losses. But to be down 1-2 to the f-ing 76ers when the only reason is that they've played without heart in those 2 losses is indefensible.

9. detteam

detteam All-Star

Hey! Watch it buddy...I resemble that remark :stooges:

10. Slippy

IMO the worst thing that could happen is that we lose another ECF because it would give the illusion that we're still good enough. We either get to the finals and prove it or realize the window has closed.

1. they need a job.
    2. that in itself presents unique challenges. look a riley when he stuffed a bunch of broken,aging players with a history of causing problems around wade. all coaches deal with egos and motivation.

11. raxrets

raxrets Team Captain

I have thought of that first part too: when the time ends? here has been this talk of " closing windows" but when actually this happens? Has it already happened? Does it happen next year? Are these POs final chance to this group? I do not know.

And is it interesting that, lets take Miami, they may had disagreements with eachother and coach, motivation problems, ego problems but at the right time every player tried to give his best - even if he didn't like his coach.

But what pistons players do ? They quit. Sheed, instead of trying his best when he defied his coach in famous game 5 at ECF, he quited, he gave up. And it says a lot.

When player is looking for excuses why he shouldn't play, then it is scary.

12. CloudWalker

CloudWalker Bench Warmer

And thats whats gonna happen.

Watch.

Watch and be disgusted.

:loco::lock1::loco::rant::dizzy::rip:

13. detteam

detteam All-Star

And here we are two years later. Judging from the often apathetic play from this team, it's now apparent Ben was dead serious and the Pistons have been sailing without a rudder for three years.

14. linwood

linwood All-Star

Although I think the Pistons played poorly in game 3, I'm not really in panic mode just yet. This has happened to them every year since RC was the coach.

The Pistons have struggled against the Nets, the Pacers, the Magic, the Heat, and now a young and athletic 76ers. It ain't over till it's over.

15. Slippy

Well the tangent question here was what good coach would want to coach these pansies. My answer was A LOT...that's what coaches do. Whether they will be effective at it or not...one can only wait and see. The "closing window" issue is interesting to me because it will influence how we should retool the team. If the window is closed, i would keep Sheed and Billups. If its still open, thats a tougher nut to crack.

16. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

The coaching strategy needs to revolver around getting Philly into the halfcourt set. It's similar to how we took down NJ a few years ago. The only way they can beat us is to run. For a good coach, this is a very easy problem to solve.

17. CloudWalker

CloudWalker Bench Warmer

I agree with my Antarctican brother.

18. jzchen

jzchen Bench Warmer Forum Donor

19. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

20. explosivity

explosivity First Round Draft Pick

Pistons will win tonite, then at home and finish off philly in game 6. You have my word. After that it is up to the basketball gods to decide how far we get thereafter. We will not lose to philly, no way no how. Everyone can take that to the bank. A RARE EXP POST.