Pistons-Suns video at NBA.com

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by roscoe36, Jul 13, 2006.

1. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Pistons-Suns video at NBA.com
    from BadBoySummerCamp.com

Good news! Nba.com is now offering video highlights of Detroit’s 90-87 win over Phoenix on July 10. In the 90 seconds or so of action, you’ll see some very freaky drives by Alex Acker, plus a dunkfest that includes throwdowns by Nik Caner-Medley, Jason Maxiell and Cheikh Samb.

For the whole game, you can also tune [...]
  2. V!et

V!et First Round Draft Pick

Are the videos working for you? All it says for me is "Connecting to Media" and then it just says finished.

And yes, I've tried pressing the play button and using IE.
  3. LanierFan

LanierFan Bench Warmer

I use Safari, and it worked fine. Let me try again.
  4. LanierFan

LanierFan Bench Warmer

Worked again--about 10 seconds of loading/buffering, then it ran smoothly.

A different story on Explorer. The window came up a little shaky, then failed to play the highlights I selected. If you have another browser option, give it a try.
  5. linwood

linwood All-Star

I had no problems using Firefox.

Nice video.

Maxiell looks twice as big as anyone out there.

Samb looks pretty quick, and very tall.

Acker looked very fast.
  6. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

7. LanierFan

LanierFan Bench Warmer

I stuck by Darko for a very long time. But I'm telling you: a guy from Senegal, drafted #51 after three years of playing basketball, showed better hands and rebounding instincts in that one Phoenix play than Milicic ever showed in a Detroit uniform. No f---in' lie.
  8. V!et

V!et First Round Draft Pick

That's the problem. I AM using Firefox. -_-
  9. linwood

linwood All-Star

I agree. He looked pretty good grabbing that board and then dunking it. Nice moves.

Sure beats the cover-your-head duck from the ball and the rim rejection from the other guy.
  10. 16 Mile

16 Mile Bench Warmer

You're joking right? You do know that Samb is older than Darko? You'd rather have Samb than Darko now? BTW, Darko starting to sound like Drago from Rocky. On the FIBA World's:

"We are not in strong preliminary group," Milicic insisted. "The Argentinians are the only one who are really dangerous. Other opponents, France, Nigeria, Lebanon, Venezuela, we must defeat.

"If we can't reach the second phase from such group, all of us should stop playing basketball."

"It doesn't bother me. My task is to give my best for our team. Whatever coach Sakota prepares for me, I'll give the maximum of my capabilities to bring joy for our nation."

btw, Darko will be the starting Serb center, Vladimir Radmanovic who just signed 5 for 30 mil, didn't even get invited. Probably why Joe let him go, no way Mr. D is going to pay Darko the 60-70 mil contract he's going to get when he becomes a free agent.
  11. linwood

linwood All-Star

I'll take Samb. Gimme Samb! Cheik that guy out!:eyebrows:
  12. FreshPrince22

FreshPrince22 Bench Warmer

16 mile, Vladi didn't get invited because he was a part of the blowup that happend at Eurobasket 2005.
  13. LanierFan

LanierFan Bench Warmer

What I know is that Darko has been playing professional ball longer than this guy has actually played basketball, period. So you figure out who the joke is on.

And who I'd rather have is outside the original discussion. I'd rather have Dwight Howard. But at least this guy has a pulse and isn't afraid to fight for the ball. He's what we have, even if only for Summer League, and he isn't an autistic embarrassment.
  14. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

LOL...that's the best Darko description I've heard yet.
  15. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

Thanks to a heads up from Dobber (Lanier) I was able to catch this game tonight on NBATV...
    Nice to finally see some action first hand (even if it was a couple days late)...
    My focus was more on the defensive end since offense tends to get the most coverage...
    Samb- intriguing prospect... definitely shot blocker instincts... tends to lose his man... but if you look closer he's a pretty solid help defender, the rookies have not mastered the concept of 2nd and 3rd help so his man was often left open when he went to help out.

Amir- OTOH, tends to just lose his man by being easily distracted.

Acker- Has plenty of lateral quickness defending SG's... defending quick PG's may be another story... when he was beat it was mostly on picks... these rooks are clueless when it comes to hedging the P&R.

Blalock- exceptional defensive footwork... he can hang with the quick PG's on the first step... also good at anticipating passes on defense.

Cleaves- a full step slow on the first move.

Jmax- Pretty active for a man his weight... tends to foul using his body to bump players... his wingspan helps him cover up mistakes... he can reach around and strip most PF's... he would have more trouble with SF's that have decent handles.

Medley(sp)- Quicker than I expected but was beat on a few occasions.

Rickert- Looks like he's put on about 20 lbs since he first came out of Minny...still kind of a stiff player

On offense:
    Cleaves still has that sideways line drive shot... in this game he was forcing shots instead of involving the team.... don't have much confidence in his ability to breakdown a defense.

Acker- As Low mentioned he can get anywhere he wants with his ambidextrous handles... he does seem to shoot a lot but it usually was within the flow (not forced)... he was recognizing the double team and passing out... but the Suns sometimes caught him off guard with the quick double.... his shot looks relaxed and natural.

Amir- tends to float or get bounced out of the low blocks... at this stage his value is in transition and deterring shots.

Samb- I want to see this kid in two years and 20 lbs heavier... this could be a real sleeper... he's not awkward.

Jmax- will always get his shot off against taller players... he's really perfected using his frame to create space... he'll also have a quickness advantage over most PF's.

Blalock- Not enough data to give an honest assesment.... looked like he has pretty good handles... doesn't seem to force things that aren't there... I'll defer to Low's analysis at this point on his offensive skilz.

Medley(sp)- Nice pump fake... decent handles... strong upper body... jury is out.