Pistons to announce Curry as coach tomorrow

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by lurker, Jun 9, 2008.

1. lurker

lurker First Round Draft Pick

2. raxrets

raxrets Team Captain

for men's ear this sounds like"I love you" for women.

3. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I'm glad Cowens is staying. He's got to be a good influence on the young guys.

4. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

I see where your coming from Bill but like it or not, Tay is the smartest guy on the team. He has basically been running huddles the last two years. He's not the vocal leader (Sheed) but it seems that he is the one that the team looks to most often.

IMO, If Tay was made captain, it would light a fire under his scrawny butt and make him more assertive. ALSO, Chauncey hasn't shown any kind of leadership (coincidently since Ben left). I like Chauncey but I think he needs to be knocked down a rung or two. A demotion just might send him an effective message.

...of course, it's all moot if neither of these guys are Pistons next year. :wave:

5. Buckeyes#1

Buckeyes#1 First Round Draft Pick

I agree Tay is the smartest. But I would still choose Billups over Tay. I think a leader has to be in your grill and Tay is too laid back for it. If they were designing a play to use, I'd want Tay. If someone needs to be chewed out, I would choose someone else.

6. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 Team Captain Forum Donor

7. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

This is music to my ears. The whole thing is great.

I wonder if they are thinking Tom Thibbedeou as an assistant although leaving BOS doesn't make sense for him.

8. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

The Low = Micheal Curry. PIP, LH love, so obvious! :)

9. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Tay is already a captain. Lotta good it's done.

10. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

C'mon, we were 2 wins away from the Finals. It's pretty good. Maybe part of the reason why we were able to go so far the last 2 years after losing Ben Wallace was Tay's leadership.

11. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

So did anyone hear?

Apparently Rasheed Wallace showed up at the press conference, and was the only player to do so . . .

12. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Yes, I think so too. Just a day or so before the Pistons were eliminated, I ran into a guy at work who was rooting for a few of the teams left in the playoffs based on his like of specific players on the team. He said he would root for the Pistons because he really likes Tayshaun Prince. This is someone who is not a Pistons fan. So that impressed me that Tay has a rep for being a good player. I would hate to lose him just because we're tired of the same ol' same ol' players.

13. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Quick, we gotta spin this some way to show that Sheed really is just a bum that needs to be shipped outta town! Hmmm.... I'm not coming up with anything here. Crap! Maybe Sheed really is a good team player. Dangit! I wanted Zach Randolph!!:nerd2:

14. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I get that it seems pretty justified right now to be down on Sheed. I'd sure like to hear an explanation for game six.

But I still really hope he doesn't get traded. Take anybody else off the bench and put them in his place and I doubt this team gets past the Sixers.

Besides, I'm going to feel pretty goofy wearing my Wallace jersey around if he's playing somewhere else.

15. bricalz

bricalz First Round Draft Pick

Wait and see mode. Though Curry is saying right things and appears to have the right indset right now.

Here's hoping that he has a book X and O's that he's gathered while sitting on that bench.

I didn't like Flip then when Joe introduced him because he was, for the lack of a better word, bland. Nothing stood out except his reputation for a regular season coach and a reportedly thick offensive playbook.

Oh well, Joe turned Carlisle then into a head coach, and I trust him enough to have made a good decision on Curry.

Go PISTONS.

16. crastinator

crastinator First Round Draft Pick

This sums up how I feel, including the jersey.

With regard to the explanation for game six - - we probably won't ever hear it but Joe D's Q & A after the Flip firing convinced me that he knows the explanation. He sure jumped to Sheed's defense.

17. raxrets

raxrets Team Captain

I think, nobody asked sheed to be there. But he was there and it was his way to show his approval for new coach. Isn't that very encouraging sign?

18. pistonsloyalist

pistonsloyalist First Round Draft Pick

It also seems to be Sheed's attempt to lobby Curry and the front office to keep him in a Pistons uniform. He would have to be living in a cave if he has not heard all of the media reports about trading him.

19. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

I think a Pistons Sheed jersey will end up being one of those timeless jerseys that will have staying power. You might have to put it in the closet for a year or two, but in a few more years, it will be a classic.

I actually have a Sheed-Atlanta Hawks jersey. That's going to be tougher to explain.

20. raxrets

raxrets Team Captain

trading seems to be bigger issue for fans and media than for players themself. Players have always said that they can't control that part and therefore aren't much worried about that. And dumars has stated that nobody is untouchable so personal campaigns are kinda pointless.