Pistons Trade Mohammed to Charlotte

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by Chandragupta, Dec 14, 2007.

1. NotoriousCPC

NotoriousCPC First Round Draft Pick

I think Herrmann is obviously the only player in this trade that truly mattered. Hopefully this means that the team will be willing to give Maxiell minutes at the 5 because Primo stinks.

I expect the inactive roster to go one of two ways: It will either feature Primo, Stuckey and Samb and once Stuckey is healthy Murray; or Saunders will get it in his head that the team "needs" a big man, even if that big man is garbage and will keep Brezec active and deactivate Johnson because there is too much duplication with McDyess, Maxiell and Herrmann.

2. NotoriousCPC

NotoriousCPC First Round Draft Pick

I think Herrmann is a good shooter, but got lost this season in Charlotte because of bad coaching, no post presence because of injuries on the team and the addition of Richardson. Last season he shot out of this world. Obviously we can't expect that to continue, but I think he is probably the best 3-point shooter on the team.

3. buddahfan

buddahfan Retired from Forum

Maxey at the 5? Are we talking the 6'6" and under league?

Herrmann and Maxey are nothing alike.

Herrmann is a total non-fit with us. He may get some minutes to start but his minutes will go down and he will be gone before next year.

Maxiell backs up Dyess who backs up Sheed. Three big guys or sometimes four in the rotation. That is normal for all teams.

:hoops:

4. DeetroitDynasty-e

DeetroitDynasty-e First Round Draft Pick

A little article about one of the newest Pistons:

The Story Of Walter Herrmann

5. Pwn Toney

Pwn Toney All-Star Forum Donor

Well, egg on my face.

Earlier tonight, I thought this trade was for Herrmann only....I feel much better knowing they got Brezec too.

6. buddahfan

It gives Flipper an excuse to put AJ on the inactive list.

I wonder what AJ has done to be put so far into Flipper's dog house that he can't even see the exit?

Joe D. could have just let him go to Phoenix or San Antonio who were dying to get and play him instead of spending $9 plus ($3 this year) so he could be practice fodder.

7. lapiston

lapiston Team Captain

Yes, this is good.

But before we jump up and down let us not forget that Joe is overcoming a bad situation in losing Ben (regardless of his declining skills) AND signing Nazi). This was a bad, bad exchange that contributed to our not reaching the finals last year. Joe is a great GM but that was not a shining moment.

Don't know about either player but we have desperately needed a big body since Ben left and maybe this guy is one. And we get out from under Nazi's contract--what a relief. Nazi is no scrub but he was not the answer but part of the problem.

As for Maxiel, the way he is playing, he should be starting next to Sheed and Tay.

On Webber, Dyss is giving us what Webber gave us plus more defense. I don't see how Webber will improve us...this time around.

8. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

Oh, so that was why you were complaining in chat, Low...LOL.

My favorite part was when we all started accosting you about which inside player you would have insisted on getting in a deal for Nazr, you said, "geez, guys, I just got back from dinner!" :pound:

9. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Whoa!!! Dude that's CRAZEEEEE!! I really hope he makes it, seems as if he can really push Jarvis for Mins at the 3, he also seems to be more physical than Tay and Jarvis.

Primo and Hermann are scrubs by no means, we just got better, and we were already good.

10. buddahfan

I doubt that Webber is coming back. His defense is basically worthless. He can't run or jump anymore.

11. Ljubljančan

Ljubljančan Second Round Draft Pick

Brezec was more than solid last year with Bobcats, hailed as a discovery, after sitting all time on the bench at previous team. He was also considered one of the most hard working guys of the Bobcats team. He is very commited and trains every day, up and above the demanded time.

But. Something happened to him this year. I dont know what, but Brezec did not play about five first games of the season for some undisclosed "personal reasons". I never found out what they were. And it looks like, they were serious and impacted his game, as after that Brezec was only a shadow of a player from the last season.

So. As he is from my country I wish him all the best. He definitely has all of the ingredients (hope this is right word) to be a solid contributor from the bench. He is 100% team player, has no ego problems, he is no ball hogging, trigger happy center. He is the essential work-horse, obedient team first player. He is strong (for European center, that is), has a lot of experience from Europe and from playing for national team. Married (his wife is about a yard smaller than he is) with a kid (hope those reasons were not divorce ones). But he would have to snap out from the funk he is in, to be old Primo; otherwise he is just a contract waiting to expire.

Hope this will help to understand his situation.

12. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

great info on the guy. i remember him playing some decent games a few years ago.

13. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

joe is the man!! now, i actually thought nazr played well for us this year, and he's always been a consummate pro and teammate, and i wish him well. i think he'll bring some experience and legitimacy to that bobcats team.

with that said, what an awesome trade. we get rid of a terrible contract. we can sign webber if we need an insurance policy. we have a lot of cap room for next year whe there will be several quality free agents available. we gain attractive expiring contracts that could be used to facilitate another trade. we gain an insurance backup big, and a potential steal as a backup for tay/jarvis.

as for amir, i see him getting nazr's minutes. the fact that joe made this trade gives me confidence that he's not going to allow flip to that playing time to brezec. while this remains to be seen, i'm much more optimistic about it than prior to tonight.

even if brezec and herrmann do nothing for us, never play a single minute, and get waived at the end of the season, it's still a trade where we came out on top.

14. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Wow, that is just awful - especially how he learned about the tragedy in pieces. First learning that his fiance was killed, which was clearly bad enough, but to then learn that his mother and sister were both killed as well, just unbelievable. Then for his father to pass away exactly 1 year later. Wow.

Stuff like that really puts things in perspective.

15. Ljubljančan

Ljubljančan Second Round Draft Pick

Brezec numbers. He came to Charlotte after sitting on the bench for two years. First year he was hailed as a saviour and gained starting position. But, after that, he got worse and worse... and this year it was the nadir, from 12.4 ppg to 1.9 :-((
    I hope he will have revival in Detroit; I could see him as a solid backup, on whom you can count 5-10 min of serious playing time. Well, if wishes were fishes....

Year Team G Min MAPct MAPct MAPct OffDefTot AstTOStl Blk PF PPG
    2005-06CHA7927:23 5.210.051.7 0.00.00.0 2.12.873.2 2.33.35.6 0.61.10.20.4 2.9 12.4

2006-07CHA5814:30 2.14.744.5 0.00.133.3 0.71.263.2 1.41.83.2 0.40.70.20.4 2.8 5.0

2007-08CHA2013:18 0.92.239.5 0.00.00.0 0.20.360.0 0.71.52.2 0.30.80.00.21.8 1.9

Career
    29120:11 3.46.749.9 0.00.016.7 1.42.071.3 1.82.54.4 0.60.90.20.42.38.1

16. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

Amen to that.

17. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

His NBA.com bio says that he's been married since the summer of '06, so I guess it's good that he hasn't had to keep on dealing with all of that on his own since then ('03/'04 was when it all happened).

18. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

He's got the bio, the hair, the accent, the nickname, and just maybe... the game.

Could be a crowd favorite pretty quickly if he gets off to a good start.

19. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Good catch, I never saw that. You're absolutely right.

20. mikhail1973

mikhail1973 All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion

Kiev - Farmington Hills, MI - Santa Clara, CA
    Why do so many here talk about bringing Webber back? What could he possibly bring to this team at this point in his career?