Pistons Trade Mohammed to Charlotte

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by Chandragupta, Dec 14, 2007.

1. buddahfan

buddahfan Retired from Forum

AJ in my opinion may be fighting but Flipper has closed his eyes and ears to all that AJ does good and only sees AJ's mess ups.

So there arriving will not have any impact on AJ's minutes because even without them Flipper will not play AJ so getting them only creates the equation of zero minus zero = zero.

:hoops:
  2. KP

KP First Round Draft Pick

Joe's not quoted as saying this, but another reason he may have liked this trade is that it gets Nazr out of AJ's way. AJ is now the fourth big.

The new big is going to taking Dupe's spot in street clothes until he demonstrates in practice that he can help the team - or until their is an injury to one of the first four bigs.

I have to think that AJ's minutes are going to increase as a result of this trade.
  3. buddahfan

I hope you are correct.

Santa is close to visiting us, so i might as well get my letter to him off now.

4. congoman

congoman First Round Draft Pick

Watching some of the video on Herrman...he has huge hands...often dunking while palming the ball. He seems to have long arms as well. One of the clips is called the "slasher." We can hope.:nerd2:
  5. buddahfan

Huge hands are very helpful.

Some of the all time greats like Dr. J., Wilt just to name two had very huge hands.

As long he he is a slasher and not a flasher he should be given a chance to see what he can do in the Pistons Blue.

Long arms increase wing span, but you still got to play defense with your feet, so lets see if his feet can move in beat to the Motown sound!!!

6. max

max All-Star

You know I thought that too initially. After reading some of the articles today on how much Dumars likes the new guys it seems to point to less PT for Amir. Now he has 2 playes to contend with instead of 1.
  7. buddahfan

I believe that someone will have to go on the inactive list.

We will certainly know more after that decision is made public.

8. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

The NBA did away with the "Inactive List" a couple of years ago. The Pistons can dress any 12 of their 15 players each game. Obviously, Stuckey and Samb will not be dressing in the near future. The question boils down to "Who else will be in street clothes against Golden State tomorrow?". If it is Amir, I will be just as disappointed as you.
  9. max

max All-Star

If this Wally guy is a priority over Amir I will be very dissapointed. Whats the point? You give this guy a nice deal and say how important he is only to lose out over someone else's trade fodder? If thats the case then yes just trade Amir and be done with it.
  10. max

max All-Star

I will give Primo a pass since we actually could use a 7'er in spot mins.

Here is what Dumars says about Wally. Does this sound like someone who will get cut? Like we need another jump shooter. Primo is a jump shooter as well.

MLive.com: Everything Michigan
  11. buddahfan

If you go back and read what Blakely has written about AJ you will find that he isn't too fond of AJ. I think he will like anyone who can keep AJ from getting minutes regardless of how good they may be.

Again my whole point. If neither of these two guys could break into the Bobcats regular rotation this year, how good can they be. It is either that or maybe Sam Vicent just doesn't like them. If that is the case then maybe they will be able to contribute something to our cause.

If the guys we got couldn't help the Bobcats in their rebounding but Nazmo can, what does it say about Primoz and Walter ability to rebound among other things.

Finally, I didn't know that Nazmo could be a "major improvement" over anyone, but oh well, live and learn.

Charlotte Bobcats, Anderson Varejao, Emeka Okafor, Jermareo Davidson, National Basketball Association, Detroit Pistons - CBSSports.com

12. himat

himat Bench Warmer

Nice deal. Herman did very well last year, he could be a steal.
  13. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Ok after taking time to think here's what I feel. Hermann is considered to be like Nocioni he just could not find his groove in Char, now if that is true, WHAT'S THE PROBLEM?? What if he plays?? So what, if he's good, and he shows he's good, then he should play.

I don't give a flying jehosophat whose minutes he takes away. And I feel the same way about Primo. If AJ cant beat out Primo and Fabio for PT, then so be it.

Now I'll be pissed if they are allowed to stink up the joint and still play ahead of AJ. But really now, is there anyone here- that if the Bulls agreed to it - would not do a Jarvis/Nocioni trade straight up??? If Jarvis ends up out of the rotation, cool- that just means we upgraded the backup SF.
  14. max

max All-Star

Nazir is not a bad player. He was just not as good as most of us thought he would be. He probably is an upgrade over Primo for them. For us it clears up that cap space.
  15. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

You're thinking of the "injured list," Laimbs, which is what it used to be. It was changed to the "inactive list" in the last collective bargaining agreement a couple of years ago. The difference now is that you can move players on or off the IL each game, whereas before you had to keep someone on the injured list for at least five games, even if he wasn't hurt and you had to pretend he had some injury he didn't have, like back spasms.

NBA.com Inactive vs. Active List Rules
  16. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Charlotte's GM was talking about how Nazr will provide that post threat they are looking for, along with an active defender and rebounder.

I'm not convinced that they have an accurate idea of what they are getting.

He's definitely not a post threat. And "active" is not a good descriptor for him either.

They could have done better I think. But that is none of my business and I don't care how well it works out for them. They'll be a threat to us in the year 2050.
  17. max

max All-Star

It did kind of remind me of the press releases when we 1st got him.
  18. himat

himat Bench Warmer

Is this team going to be too deep?
  19. DeetroitDynasty-e

DeetroitDynasty-e First Round Draft Pick

I agree, if this move makes us better, why complain? AJ is 20 years old. Its clear that he is a big part of the future of this team. He's been told he is the future of this team. We gave him a good contract for 3 years. I really think that we could work well with a lineup of:

5-Maxiell (he's made a believer of me)
    4-AJ (his natural position)
    3-Fabio
    2-Whoever
    1-Whoever

This would be a true "energy" lineup. Maxy is an aggressive paint player. Every so often he'll take the 20-15ft jumper, but really he lives in the paint. AJ by far is a player working, playing, and living in the paint right now. Fabio is a perimeter player, hes a hustle player, he has ups (winning two dunk contests), and will make a killer 1-2 punch with Maxiell. I really can't wait to see Maxy and Fabio playing off of one another. And when we put Fabio, Maxy and Amir out there, the dunks will be crazy, Amir is an insane dunker, Maxy hurts people with his dunks, and Fabio has won his fair share of accolades for dunking. Primoz is the one required center we'll have that we will rarely touch (i assume he'll be wearing a suit next to the bench most of the time).
  20. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Only one or two references to Dupree here, the long suffering Piston player that spent more money than any Piston on sports jackets and dress shirts, because Flip didn't think he was good enough to sit on the bench with AJ the whole game....Did anyone start a "Super Dup escapes" or Dupree is free thread?:nerd2:

Joe seems to think he could catch on with someone, but who wants him???, the T-Wolves?? Will he get picked up by the Celtics and he makes the winning dunk in game 7 of the ECF?

Any way, no way both of these guys get to dress and AJ has to get his suits and sports jackets out of storage. I am not sure these guys are Piston shape, so whonever is the worst at adpating should ride the pine & AJ should move up in the rotation until both of them beat him out...This means increased minutes too Joe and Flip!!!!!!!!!!!!