Pistons TV schedule

Discussion in 'Pistons Archive' started by Zoso, Sep 23, 2005.

1. Zoso

Zoso First Round Draft Pick

I haven't seen this posted yet.

The Pistons TV schedule is out.

With the exception of the last preseason game against Minnesota, all games will be televised. They will be on National TV a lot this season, so that's always good to see. Hopefully none of the National games will get dropped though, like TNT did last season. :mad:

http://www.nba.com/pistons/schedule/
  2. MotownPride

MotownPride Starter 2x Fantasy Champion

yeah..

what da hell was that all about last year? I was like...um, excuse me...NBA champs here...HELLOOOO...can we get some luv'? :)

Detroit haters...and they wonder why da Pistons always feel like they have something to prove.

I'll be watching NBA League Pass all year anyway from sunny Florida so I'm straight. I just hope I get more George Blaha telecasts this year...it sucks when you hear the opposing team's playbyplay man all game (especially Boston).
  3. Zoso

I assume they dropped our games because the Pistons just don't bring in the ratings like the Heat, Mavs and Lakers do. It's just that most people who aren't Piston fans are drawn to the bigger names as opposed to the better teams. It makes no sense to me. But, that's just the way it is.

Maybe if Stern would stop promoting the "stars" of the league and start pushing the "teams" things would be different. I think it's safe to say that there will be a cold day in hades before that happens though. :mad2:

I hear ya on Blaha. It would drive me crazy if I had to sit there and listen to the other teams announcers. Give me Blaha, Fred and Greg anyday, I love all three of them. :)
  4. lemonpen

lemonpen First Round Draft Pick

Schedule

WTF? 21 back to backs with 15 of them having the 2nd game on the road. Who did we piss off. Gotta go make some comparisons. This dosen't sound remotely fair.

I imagine the rest of the basketball world would dislike Fred McCloud. He is quite a homer. But he's our homer I guess.
  5. Zoso

lemonpen

Take a peep at Miami's schedule. They have the fewest sets of back-to-back games then any team in the league.

You think the league knows that Shaq isn't all that anymore on short rest? I think they took notice to that when we played him in the Finals. It seems that they want him well rested for every game this year. More rest for Shaq= More wins.

Then again, conspiracy in the NBA? Nawww That couldn't be true. Could it? :p
  6. Fool

Fool First Round Draft Pick

Thats not really a bad thing though. I was under the impression that the #2 seed is most likely to be the optimal spot come playoff time.
  7. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

Why do you say that?
  8. Zoso

Fool

No, that would be the #1 seed and the home court advantage that goes along with it. The #2 seed is just that. The next best thing to being #1. :)
  9. Fool

Fool First Round Draft Pick

This assumes a lot for the season not even being started yet but ...

If the Pistons are the #2 seed then they play the Nets (assuming they win the Atlantic and are the #3 seed) instead of the Pacers (assuming they finish second in the Central and get the #4 seed).

The #1 seed (assuming its Miami) plays the #8 (whoever), #4 (probably either the Pistons or Pacers, whoever comes in 2nd in the Central), and the #2 (again between the Pacers and the Pistons, whoever wins the Central)

Basically the #1 seed has a good chance of being the tougher road because of the change in seeding to conference winners instead of team record for the 1-3 seeds.

Also, not having home court advantage has only come back to bite the Pistons in one series (2005 Finals) while they've overcome it multiple times in the recent past (Miami 05, Pacers and Nets 04).

[Personally however, I think the whole thing is moot as I believe the Pacers will win the Central meaning the best Detroit can do is get the #4 seed. Carlisle loves to win regular season games.]
  10. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Fool,

The NBA does not re-seed each round like in other sports.

Brackets are set at the beginning of the playoffs.

If all 4 top seeds advance, 1 plays 4 and 2 plays 3.

We would only play the Nets in the scenario you described as an Eastern Conference Final.
  11. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

Fool

Yeah, I figured out that's where you were going after I had already replied to your post.

I see your logic , but I don't know if I want to go to the EC championship without home court, even if it means I avoided either Indiana and Miami. Maybe that would be best, though. Toughie. :ohwell:

Either way they need to at least TRY their best to be #1.
  12. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Wow, just re-read my other post. Disregard that nonsense on seeding. I think I need a caffeine refill.:doh:

:ranger:

Fool was right. <-- Now that is funny.
  13. webz

webz All-Star Administrator 2x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

just get audio league pass and turn down your tv. i must have listened to a least 40 blaha games last season (no televised games in australia).

the rockets commentators cry a lot i noticed last season too. esp. in the mavericks series.
  14. himat

himat Bench Warmer

For the past 2 seasons the Pistons have only lost a maximum of 1 home game every playoff series, and they have always at leat 1 road game each playoff series so if we get homecourt throughout the playoffs...
  15. MotownPride

MotownPride Starter 2x Fantasy Champion

thanks, I might try that. :thumb: