Pistons Vs Bucks ~ March 31st, 2006

Discussion in 'March 2006 Games' started by Superstarov, Oct 2, 2005.

1. Superstarov

Superstarov First Round Draft Pick

2. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

Pencil this one in as a win. A good game to practice your attack the rim mode. The Bucks are a weak defensive team with no real shot blockers and guards that play matador defense.

Chauncey should take Bell off the dribble and not settle for the 3. Redd always gives us trouble, I say put Delfino on him and see what happens, if he is torching Rip. Sheed should hae a good night against Magloire.

The Bucks don`t match up well with the Pistons at all, if Redd doesn`t go for 35-40, look for a Piston blowout!
  3. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Well, I don't know if Ford or Marvin Williams are playing. The last couple games, Charlie Bell has been the starting PG, posting back to back Point/Assist double doubles. He's been playing out of his mind.

Should be a great game. I like the Bucks. A little. ;)
  4. jzchen

jzchen Bench Warmer Forum Donor

This game might be a sleeper. If our starters play with no interest, the Bucks might take this game.

Check Redd. If we can hold him below 25 pts, we will blow this team out. Our bigs, please block out. Grab the defensive rebounds.

Hope to see the bench play a lot minutes too.

DETROIT BASKETBALL!!!
  5. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

they should play guys based on effort level in this game. If they're gonna take a night off, they might as well let DD, Dyess, Delf, Delk and mo get some legs heading into the playoffs.
  6. lemonpen

lemonpen First Round Draft Pick

Sniff, Sniff, Sniff.................what's that I smell. Could be a butt kicking. This would be a good time for a 20pt victory. I'm starting to get that antsey feeling with playoffs around the corner, spring in the air, Final Four Weekend, Opening Day, and my first softball practice scheduled for Sunday.

Heck, I feel so good somebody is getting the business on the bowling alley tonight. :laugh:
  7. vthomp

vthomp First Round Draft Pick

250 plus pts is what this Bucks team have scored in the last two of their games. Their opponents was Toronto and PHX, two teams not known for any defense what so ever. Look for the Pistons to score over 100 pts in this game, and I agree if Redd gose for 30-40 pts than it will be a close game similiar to the last game that went into overtime.

I expect the Pistons to get this one, the bench will have to come out a have excellent games, Hunter Dice, and Delk will get the most burn. It is a toss up right now between Evans and Delfino, Look for a high intense game and the Bucks will come out firing from everywhere on the court.

Pistons win 103 to 97
  8. 16 Mile

16 Mile Bench Warmer

I wish this game was on TV (Memphis/NO on ESPN? WTF). Milwaukee is my sleeper team for the playoffs, and I'd rather see Miami than them.

I'd like to see our boys finally slow down a scoring guard like Redd (Wade's last game doesnt count considering he was hurt).

What I don't want to see is Evans covering Redd, not even for one play.

Flip is also going to be tested with his rotations, Milwaukee plays an even shorter bench than we do, so Delk, Hunter, Delfino, and Evans wont be covering scrubs when they come in, they'll be covering starters.

Hunter may get a lot of burn against Wade, Delk should do ok against Charlie Bell, and Delfino can cover Wade, Bell, Simmons, and Kukoc. I don't see one player that Evans can cover.

On the other hand, CB, Rip, and Tay should have great nights. Expect a high scoring game
  9. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

10. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

Bucks have to be the dummest team in the league. They are like having sex with the slutty broad and afterward feeling like "Ehhh!"...They had Redd, Bell and MoW go 26 of 42 FG and lost cuz they have NO BIGS!! Did Bogut even play? If we still had Memo we'd be 65-7!! great win tonight. We showed our butt..2nite!!
  11. professor

professor Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Re: Pistons Vs Bucks ~ March 31st, 2006: IMPERFECTIONISM

Tonight after the game ended, a few of us stayed behind in the chat and Low, in a very good natured way, was confessing to a perfectionism that causes him to be driven crazy by some of those things the Pistons do that he knows they could do better. And that's when the word came to me for something I'd said earlier in the chat, about loving the Pistons unreliability: I'm an IMPERFECTIONIST.

Tonight's game was a class A exhibit of what I believe is the Pistons' nature and of the things they do that drive the perfectionists nuts and make the imperfectionists feel like we're smoking grade a weed or watching an incredible sunset.

Pistons opened the game by falling behind 15-0 and didn't score until 8:30 remained in the first quarter (Hyde).

We then outscored them 44-29 over the next 17 minutes so that with 3:23 left it was tied up at 44-44 (Jeckyll).

Then the Bucks went on a 15-1 run to make it 59-45 at the half (Hyde).

The second half saw the Bucks extend the lead to 69-51 with 8:45 left in the third (Hyde).

We then outscore them 49-23 over the next 16 minutes to take a 100-92 lead with 4:35 to go in the game (Jeckyll).

The Bucks go on a 9-0 run to go up 101-100 with 2:25 remaining (Hyde).

The Pistons go on a 10-1 run to end the game and win it 110-102 (Jeckyll).

Thus, to summarize: For (I think), 12:10 (about 1 quarter) the Bucks beat us 49-7 and for the remaining 35:50 we won 105-53. I know, every game has runs, but I think in this game the sense that one was watching two different, alternating games (and thus four different teams) was especially striking. It was a gloriously perfectly imperfect victory.

And so a moment of illumination I'd had earlier in the game came strongly to mind: i love that about this team. they are so, well, human. i have no idea which pistons, which particular version of each piston, is going to show up from one moment to the next. i exaggerate slightly for effect, but you get the idea. and part of the phenomena, and my enjoyment of it, closely resembles something i've discovered over time in my closest friendships and relationships: the things that drive me mad about these people are the flip-side and inseparable from the things that I completely love about the. I felt (sorry BarbaraSanAntone) that it would be terribly boring (for me) to be a Spurs fan.

Sorry, this is probably saying more about me and psychological idiosyncrasies than is likely to interest most readers of the Pistons Forum. But as I was thinking that and then Low said he was a perfectionist and I realized i was an imperfectionist, it seemed really cool that my relationship to the Pistons could show up so clearly something in my life as well. And vice-versa.... i suppose that's the way it is with all real fans, each according to their own idiosyncrasies. Nick Hornby's "Fever Pitch" (the story of his love told through the story of his love affair with the mostly terrible and boring Liverpool soccer club) hits upon this fact in a hilarious and touching way. The Pistons, of course, aren't mostly terrible. They mostly win. But they make it look hard and then, to top it off, act as though they had made look easy. I love that, like me, it takes a lot to get them off their ass, but that when they do and they really commit to something, they are effective and inspiring...And that i don't think they could be so effective unless they also had plenty of "ass time". (At least that's true of me) :) Finally, they find a way to get it done around 80 % of the time overall and even more often when it's really on the line, which is a percentage I would happily live with in my own life.

Anyway, I'll leave the more detailed recap to others... but I'd say this: Redd was on fire in the first half and not only because we played crappy defense...he also made some terrific shots, winding up with 24 for the half. In the pivotal 3rd that really changed (Rip really got up in his face and held him to 5 so props to Rip -- who it turned was battling a dizzying sinus infection -- for that d). My props also go to Lindsey and Dyess off the bench: L. for the defense, dyess for the boards and aggressiveness on offense. Rip also had a strong game offensively, getting to the hole a lot, as did tayshaun. Chauncey was not a hugely visible presence, but he did have 11 assists and just 1 turnover and shot just 3 triples, making a big one near the end of the game. His defense could have been stronger, but offensively I think he just played a very effective traditional point guard type game. Sheed made some characteristically bad decisions on offense, but also was key to our turning it around after the disastrous start and also pulled 10 boards. Ben, like Chauncey, wasn't as dramatically visible as he is sometimes, but I would say he had a quietly solid game. He did a lot of little things, especially on defense during some key runs, that helped us. Finally, Evans (2nd half) and Delfino (first half) each got some minutes and I actually thought they both did okay. Delfino played good defense on Redd and hit an open jumper. Evans hit a triple, didn't force, and had a key hustle play for a loose ball down the stretch.

Thanks for indulging.
  12. Pckast

Pckast First Round Draft Pick

Good morning everybody. This is a nice way to start of a Saturday. Seems the Pistons showed a lot of character. Must have been an interesting game to watch.

Sheed again got a technical. His 15th. Let's hope he can hold the refs out of his hair in the upcoming games.
  13. max

max All-Star

Scolas - thanks for the post. One thing to be a perfectionist and another to go with the flow on things that you cannot and will not ever control.

Redd was on fire. I wonder how many games they are accustome to losing when they get that from Redd and shoot 11-19 on 3's? Kind of changes things when Bogut and pretty much most of their front court in check. There a few cheepies Milw was getting against the Pistons D but those were shut down in crunch time.

Won the battle in the paint for yet another game and crashed the boards decent enough. Paint points were a hot topic the other week and almost on que the Pistons have been going inside. I wonder if this is part of Flips post-season preparation.

Strange game really. Can't fault the D for the most part as Milw was hitting some tough shots. A win is a win. Only thing we can do is cheer on the team.
  14. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Agreed. If he gets another T, it will ruin our already NBA record for most consecutive games with the same starting 5 to start the season. Lets go for 82 in a row!
  15. professor

professor Bench Warmer Forum Donor

right on max, my pleasure. and something i wished to have stressed more in my post: i don't at all mean to imply by my self-identification as an imperfectionist the idea that it's imperfectionist=good; perfectionist=bad. I don't want to speak too much for Low, but I would say his position as he was talking on the chat was just as reasonable (and just as unreasonable) as mine. I could certainly understand why he, or others, would feel frustrated at times...I just could also see why I don't.

It's more just seeing how much of our personalities actually determine how we relate to the team (even though most of the time we all speak -- especially in a forum like this where we don't really know each other personally, at least I don't -- as if we were referring objectively to hard facts about the team's play, rather than interpreting what we each perceive according to conscious and unconscious filters and tendencies that we might also bring to other events in our lives). Almost as though the Pistons kind of serve as a Rorschact Ink Blot test for all of us.

I'm always into anything that helps me learn more about how me and other human beings work on the inside and how those workings come out into the world.
  16. max

max All-Star

Scolas. I am kind of a natural optimist. I have a lot of bad habits and am not exacty a positive thinking role model; Rather I just tend to see the good in even the worst situations.

I suppose thats part of the reason why I do not get as frusterated as most and sometimes come across as a homer when talking Pistons.
  17. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

great game all around once we got going. team stats:

53% shooting, 31 free throw attempts (rip 10 attempts!! yay), 32 assists, 10 steals, 13 blocks, only 8 turnovers
  18. lapiston

lapiston Team Captain

Dyss again showing that he is the real deal. He may be the player that puts us over the top. Oh, and he is a bench player...
  19. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Re: Pistons Vs Bucks ~ March 31st, 2006: IMPERFECTIONISM

I know for me it's exactly the same thing. It's Ben with his little hands and his utter inability to execute any offensive move, but with the ability to just change the game. It's Sheed, the ultimate Jeckyll / Hyde - who never met a foul he actually committed but can block four shots on a single possession, drive for a windmill dunk, and then hit a three. It's Rip and Tay, looking like big skinny kids with no reason to be on a basketball court with the hulking bodies that live out there now. (Wonder how many players' arms are bigger around than Rip and Tay's legs?) And on and on. I guess it's always the humanity that really gets you hooked. Who wants a perfect team to follow?

I wish I could have seen all of the second half last night. I started watching the DVR recording around 9:00 and had got about half way through the third when things were really beginning to cook and Rip and Redd were in a no holds barred war, and our side of the street lost power. Bummer.
  20. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

scolas, a couple of nice posts there. You could have used and extra comma in the first one though and an exclamation point in the second one.

What stood out in the game for me...

Play of the game...Delfino being backed down by Mr. hotshot swatting his shot, passing to Chauncey to Rip...two points.

Andrew Bogut looks worst than the last time I saw him.