Pistons Vs Heat ~ March 22nd, 2006

Discussion in 'March 2006 Games' started by Superstarov, Oct 2, 2005.

1. jzchen

jzchen Bench Warmer Forum Donor

DETROIT BASKETBALL DEFENSE!!! That's what I'm talking about. Definitely DEFENSE won this game for us.

Enough with all the excuses, MIAMI. We beat you fair and square.

Shaq, what do you mean?
    WTF??? Our DEFENSE causes your team to make such mistakes, bottom line.

Wade, please.
    WTF??? You should have foul out before the game ends with so many push offs, be realistic

Be more classy after losses, like your coach Riley.
    With or without Zo, it wouldn't make any difference. Zo play defense in the paint with his shot blocking ability and with the Pistons being a perimeter team, Zo has no impact on us. On his offense, Ben will have no problem covering him. Hell, we can even use Davis to counter him.

Tay, MVP for this game and the past week. Shooting % up, rebounding, dishing, steals and even blocks. If Tay and Sheed can average 12-16 rebounds total in the playoffs, I believe no team can get 2 games out of us. Great D on Wade the entire game. Props to Rip and Hunter.

No matter what excuses the Heat can come up with, hey, the Pistons shot under 30% almost the entire game. Who knows what the score will be like if we shoot more than 40%???
  2. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

This is good to read. After so many sub par games and a complaint ridden first half, its amazing to see such positive comments regarding the game...especially from the defensive end.

Hopefully they'll keep coming out motivated.
  3. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

When things looked bad early in the game, I told Slippy "IF they lose this one, I think it really IS finally time to start worrying". But they did what they do.

Biggest victory of the season, if you ask me...if not for the team, at least for the fans (particularly in here) that had a part of them die with each of the recent losses.

We saw the REAL Pistons last night. We may not see them again until playoff time, but in the end, I think they are going to find a way win it all!

HUGE win! Go Pistons!
  4. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

I hope they keep talking that senseless garbage. Same as last year. It only fuels the fire within the Pistons. Just what we need. Lack of respect. Keep it coming.
  5. himat

himat Bench Warmer

I thought we did a bad job of making shaq haurd someone in the first half, but when we had dica and sheed out there shaq couldn't get awayw ith not playing unlike if ben was out there. I thought dice came in and helped us pull it out in the 4th quarter. We still have to see what he does in the playoffs, but it's still good to see him adjust in a big game.
  6. max

max All-Star

He had a very good series in the Finals.
  7. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Man, I love having Lindsey Hunter on this team. What an insurance policy.
  8. lemonpen

lemonpen First Round Draft Pick

What I found interesting was that D. Wade is no better at stopping dribble penetration than anyone else. Better yet, when driven around Wade committed fouls reaching for the ball. Attacking him might be the best countermove to his aggressiveness.

I'm really glad to see the Stones return to physical defensive basketball again. Even happier to see the officials allow it. Shaq delivered an early shot to Tay and to our credit I thought we turned that mess back on them.
  9. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

the Heat are in the wind...Bring ONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN the Pacers!:whoo:
  10. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

It's the blessed truth!!!!!! :nod: