1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

Pistons Youth Movement 2005/6

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by roscoe36, Aug 31, 2005.

?

Who will have the biggest impact this year?

Poll closed Sep 25, 2005.
  1. Jason Maxiell

23.0%
  2. Darko Milicic

54.1%
  3. Carlos Delfino

13.1%
  4. Ronald Dupree

1.6%
  5. Alex Acker

4.9%
  6. Amir Johnson

3.3%
  1. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Which young bencher will have the biggest impact this year?

2. Zoso

Zoso First Round Draft Pick

I'm gonna go with Darko here. He's already shown that he has the talent and overall skills to play in the big leagues, albeit not consistently yet, and Joe D. said that Darko will get the time he needs to prove himself, so at least we know he'll be on the floor this season. The same can't be said for the likes of Dupree, Acker, Johnson or Delfino.

Acker looked promising in the SL, so he's a good bet to crack the rotation over the other guys, at the guard positions and it's simply just a numbers game that will leave Johnson on the outside looking in. There's just too many bigs in front of him right now, I think he's going to find himself in the NBDL this season.

Now JMax, in my mind at least, is another story. He looked like a beast in the SL and I have a feeling that if Darko doesn't bring his all come preseason JMax just might steal his spot as the 4th big off the bench (of course that's assuming DD is slotted as the 3rd.)

3. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

Gotta go with Darko... he's the only one sure to get decent minutes.
    He should blend in with the vets.
    Once the fans realize that he's a regular in the rotation they'll stop treating him like a freak. That was a big part of his anxiety on the floor.... OOOOh Darko touched the ball :rolleyes:

I think if JMax was given equal PT he would contribute more than DMC...
    I would love for him to earn the backup SF position.

4. Jackattaq

Jackattaq First Round Draft Pick

Addition by subraction

I honestly believe that not having LB here will be a positive bonus for the young players on the Pistons. I don't know how many people remember it but Delfino was apprehensive to come to the Pistons last year because he had read and heard rumors about how LB treated Mehmet Okur and Darko. LB's method of playing favorites and trashing certain players in the media isn't the correct approach to every type of player. I know many people don't like Delfino because of his "attitude" but you can't say that his concerns were unfounded.

I think that Darko will definately get the 4th bigman spot and I can't see how people say that he hasn't "earned" it. He has played behind both Wallaces and Dyce, and Okur last year and for a #2 overall pick he has complained relatively little. He has worked hard in the weight room and built his physique and he has looked increasingly better as the time has gone on. He played 2 "decent" games to end the year last season after basically no real in game experience in two years. He will be asked to come in this season and pass the ball and play good help D. I really have a hard time believing that he can't fill that role. Everytime he has played alongside the starters he has responded positively. I expect a good season from the kid and expect that Flip will do a good job of building up his confidence and not giving up on him early. Should be a good season.

5. Ben Folds

Ben Folds Second Round Draft Pick

Ronald

Poor old Dupree eh?

Not picking up many votes is he?

6. Jackattaq

Jackattaq First Round Draft Pick

Re - Dupree

He isn't picking up many votes because he is the most likely to get the axe if Acker can make the cut, I think that Evans pretty much spells the end for Dupree as a Pistons. It's too bad, I really liked Dupree and felt like he could have helped us by getting Tay a bit of rest when he was playing 40-45 minutes per game in the FINALS.

7. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Of all of them I think Delfino is most READY to contribute. Now there are questions about a bunch of stuff concerning Delfino. The deal with Delfino isn't about if he can but rather will he.

8. G-man

G-man Starter

Gotta agree w/KGreg on this one.

Delfino is the likely suspect. He's a natural shooter with a shooters mentality who has played in big games against real competition. He just has to hold it together physically and learn to bite his tongue.

He should'a been the one last season based on the position and our depth problem. If he'd a spent less time crying, rubbing his eyes and running his mouth he wouldn't even be on the above list.

I think this year he slides under the radar that's constantly scoping DMC and benefits the most from the incoming PG asissts.

But my vote was for Maxiell cause I think he's gonna make a name off the bench on the D. I'm thinking he's gonna be slap happy like Big Ben from a short while back. The "X" factor.

9. legend71

legend71 Second Round Draft Pick

I am going to go with Dupree because I think he will play more D than any of the other guys. I have heard that MAxiell is very short for a 4. Plus he and the others are rookies. Darko will continue struggle. I don't think Delfino has the athleticism. I thought he would be a poor man's Ginobli, but he is not that.

10. Hotsauce

Hotsauce First Round Draft Pick

I'm going with J-max. This kid looks like the real deal. A workhorse on the boards and on defense. He will play a lot more than darko.

Darko better impress this year:frusty: .

11. Hemlock10

Hemlock10 Second Round Draft Pick

Rickey Paulding

:usa2: I always liked Rickey Paulding in college! I would love to see him at Billups backup!!!!! Does Rickey Paulding get invited to camp? Does anyone How long do we keep the rights to drafted players that don't "make the team". How many others do we have playing overseas?

12. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

hi

Ricky Paulding will probably not be invited to camp. I read somewhere that Dumars said its time to get a look at Paulding and either sign him or release him. Paulding did play quite a bit in the summer league, and I don't think he impressed anyone all that much. Not that he did not show some promise, just not enough compared to other players.

Paulding is a shooting guard, not a point guard. He would have to be able to outplay guys like Delfino and Mo Evans to make the team. Don't see that happening.

Paulding's best bet is to play overseas a couple more years, or hook up with the NBDL.

13. buddahfan

buddahfan Retired from Forum

Maybe we could update this thread for the 2007-08 season

:hoops:

14. webz

webz All-Star Snub Administrator 2x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Or just look back and see how many people were wrong. :MusicBigGrin:

15. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

What was the correct answer?

16. TheMur

TheMur Second Round Draft Pick

It seems strange to me, but the correct answer was Carlos Delfino.

PS. That will not be true this year.

17. buddahfan

buddahfan Retired from Forum

That is funny, but correct.

Maybe that is why it so funny.

:hoops:

18. mikhail1973

mikhail1973 All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion

Kiev - Farmington Hills, MI - Santa Clara, CA
    :MusicBigGrin: I think the correct answer that is omitted, would be "none of the above".