Player Showcasing

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by Delfino Delivers, Jan 24, 2008.

1. Delfino Delivers

Delfino Delivers Bench Warmer

I have been reading in a lot of the threads that the only reason that Fabio and Brezec were being played was for a trade. We heard the same thing at the beginning of the year about Murray.

Is this really necessary in todays NBA with all the media coverage and histories on the players? Did it actually back fire on us in hopes of moving Murray?

Just wondering if trotting a brand new acquisition that doesn't know your plays in and out of games actually "raises his value" on the trade block?

Did we stick ourselves by not just keeping them on the bench and the opposition guessing about their talents?
  2. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

We were also taking them for a test drive. I don't think we knew that Bresec was going to be this big of a stiff.

These guys all have intrinsic value for their expiring contracts, so their stock can't drop much.
  3. mikhail1973

mikhail1973 All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion

Kiev - Farmington Hills, MI - Santa Clara, CA
    Actually I did think that Brezec would be able to hold his own for 10-15 min/game. But I am not sure we've seen enough Hermann to determine whether he could contribute at some point.
  4. Delfino Delivers

Delfino Delivers Bench Warmer

Are we better off just leaving them on the pine so these questions aren't answered in the negative for our potential suitors? We see them in practice and shoot arounds. We see how they compare to our other players. Are we lowering their value to other teams by playing them or using them for the expiring contract only?
    If we are only them for the value of their contract; is it worth putting them on the floor?
  5. Nemo

Nemo The Great Predictor Forum Donor

You'll see Hermann pestering Dirk a lot in the finals........He'll take him out of his game......