Playoffs - Hunter or Murray?

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by buddahfan, Mar 31, 2007.

1. buddahfan

buddahfan Retired from Forum

Okay boys and girls, now that March Madness Piston style is finally over, its getting time for some serious hoops.

I for one would much rather see Hunter out there come crunch time than Murray.

:hoops:
  2. Nemo

Nemo Pun Master Forum Donor

I say give Murray one more month of good solid minutes. We really know what Hunter will give us now and in the playoffs. Murray still has an upside that will show with some more game time. He's the upside off the bench that we're looking for this playoff season.:)
  3. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

4. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

Tater, we need an NBA version of that. How about Hopson's Choice? :stooges:

[​IMG]
  5. LanierFan

LanierFan Bench Warmer

In crunch time I don't want either of them. But both could have roles. Playoffs often turn on the player no one scouted, and Flip could be a useful x-factor if the offense bogs down.
  6. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Murray is prone to mistakes and lack of concentration. hunter can slow an offense down, but unfortunately for us....both ours and the opposing teams offense. If hunter is out there with Billups, the offense plays better, but put him out there with Murray or Delfino and then we lose something on the offensive end.

We all know about Hunter's defense which is good most times he's on the floor. Murray's defense has started to pick up as demonstrated with the number of thefts during the month March.

On the offiensive end they are inconstent in terms putting up points. Flip Jr scored 1 point in the last two games?????Yeah he may have had the flu symptons, but so did LH.

I say use both of them depending on the situation, but Flip sr needs to be quick to yank if they mess with the flow.....
  7. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

This is a totally unbalanced matchup.

Lindsey takes performance enhancing cold medicine. He's the Pistons Six Million Dollar man of anti-flu construction.

I'd like to get Ron Murray hopped up on diet drugs and see what he can do in an apples-to-apples comparison. :stirthepot: :MusicBigGrin:
  8. ahb

ahb Bench Warmer

Hunter is much more effective at the 2 than Murray.

Unfortunately, we need them to play the point, and I'm not sure whether a guy who forces his teammates to take bad shots is better or worse than one who takes the bad shots himself and throws in the occasional turnover as well.

Hunter is bad enough at PG in the three-quarters of games where his shot isn't falling that Murray should be given every chance to get himself into a rhythm before the playoffs start.
  9. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

Flip Murray can go into a funk at times and play as effectively as Mikki Moore's shoe. That could be a problem.
  10. pass99

pass99 All-Star Forum Donor

Thank you for this excursion, which make this whole forum greater than the individual parts.

If you can't learn from association, then you become narrow-minded and an ideologue.
  11. pass99

That is the problem we humans have.
  12. pass99

No, no, no...this is too closed an approach. I will work out my approach, which I hope has much more flexibility some time later today.
  13. linwood

linwood All-Star

What's wrong with being an ideologue? It's all about The System, baby!
  14. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Something about Hobson reminds me of the old Nav. We were taught there was only one way to wear clothes. In rotation. Mind you, each uniform was identical to the other. But you could not say wear just two of them and wash them, keeping the other uniforms you had looking brand new. No way. You had to wear each one equally, so they wore all at the same rate. This is similar in that it limited choices, and the choices were limited for the same reason, so as not to wear out something too quickly.
  15. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Gawd Tate ... nevermind.
    Poor Hobson must've had some disgusting picks to make.
    Let's see, "do I use lard or fresh whale blubber".
    Bark or poison ivy.
  16. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

Murray or Hunter. Wow.

We have criticized Flip and rightfully so in most cases, but how would you like to be in his shoes making this decision?

I mean, you have to choose one of them. If he chooses the right one at the right time would it be a great coaching move? Or do you let the matchups and situation dictate who gets PT?

Either way the way the both of them have played this year, I wouldn`t want to be Flip.
  17. Play On Players

Play On Players First Round Draft Pick

Hunter is an excellent on the ball defender but I think in the few games he's actually been able to play in this year he's fallen in love with the 3 ball. Murray did a great job filling in for Chauncey when he was out with his recent injury but since his return, Murray has been a non-factor as a starting 2 guard. Both players have their faults but Hunter has proven himself valuable during the playoffs so if I had to chose one, it'd definitely be Lindsey. But I'm not writing off Murray as a bad investment. I agree with whoever suggested we give him solid playing time down the stretch. It seems people only like him when he's playing really well and hate him when he's not. That ain't gravy, man.

Here's hoping Rip will be back in the starting lineup soon, the flu bug will be out of our team's system, and the Pistons crush Miami on Sunday. CHEERS!
  18. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Flip for sure. He is a thread to drive and dish and hit a free throw line jumper. His D has been good too.

Lindsey is a one dimensional defensive pest. Only use him when that is what you're looking for.
  19. buddahfan

buddahfan Retired from Forum

Captain Kirk has done away with Hobson's choice. It's called the Kobayahi Maru solution.

Kobayashi Maru - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

:hoops:
  20. armygirl

armygirl Bench Warmer Forum Donor

What a choice....Depends on :

1. The matchup
    2. Who is the floor with Flip as spoken so eloquently by LA Dre
    3. Flip's defense has improved dramatically, I can see him & hunter on the floor at the same time, however, Flip better make sure he has the right combo out them with these two
    4. Pit Bulls redux....maybe