Please Sign Petition to Not Break Up Pistons

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by hershoreline, Jun 1, 2008.

1. hershoreline

hershoreline Second Round Draft Pick

2. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

No thanks.
  3. detteam

detteam All-Star

The definition of insanity: doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.
  4. Winless Wonders

Winless Wonders Starter Forum Donor

No, thanks.

The writing is on the wall. Changes have to be made to stay fresh and competitive. We need a new identity and this theam is not getting any younger and the teams around us are getting better.
  5. CloudWalker

CloudWalker Bench Warmer

No thanks X2,3,4,&5

Someone needs to follow this up with a bust the Pistons up petition, and post that here as well.

I'd trade Hooper if I thought it might help turn things around.

Trade him for Freddie Fever. That cat is pretty funny.

I'm also a tad bit partial to Stuff the Magic Dragon.
  6. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

That "definition" is so cliche it makes me want to barf. If that "definition" is true, then the people that quote it are also guilty of it, because they do it over and over and expect it to not be revoltingly cliche!

By the way...
    insanity Pronunciation: \in-ˈsa-nə-tē\
    Function: noun
    Inflected Form(s): plural in·san·i·ties
    Date: 1590
    1: a deranged state of the mind usually occurring as a specific disorder (as schizophrenia)
    2: such unsoundness of mind or lack of understanding as prevents one from having the mental capacity required by law to enter into a particular relationship, status, or transaction or as removes one from criminal or civil responsibility
    3 a: extreme folly or unreasonableness b: something utterly foolish or unreasonable
    From insanity - Definition from the Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary

THAT is the definition of insanity!
  7. CloudWalker

CloudWalker Bench Warmer

Nice.

Few people realize that insanity is a legal term, and not a clinical diagnosis.
  8. himat

himat Bench Warmer

If Avery Johnson is not the coach here next year this team needs to be changed.

I do not want to see Flip Saunders and the Starting 5 again next year. At least one of them has to go...first one is Flip.
  9. coynejeremy

By the way, Det, I wasn't trying to slam you, sorry if I was too forceful.:MusicBigGrin:
  10. SonicD 43

SonicD 43 First Round Draft Pick

My thoughts exactly. I am tired of watching the same thing fail over and over.

Sorry I am being a little to negative, ECF isn't exactly failure. I just want more and think we are still close so we need to do what we can to get over the hump, while we still can. The way I see it the only way to get over that hump is trade a starter. That is unless another team decides to perform a giveaway like the grizzlies.
  11. jammertime

Or better yet: definition of insanity
  12. detteam

detteam All-Star

No problem. The definition I quoted has been attributed to a few people including Ben Franklin & Einstein. According to wikipedia, Rita Mae Brown first stated it. Irregardless of who first coined the definition, it makes a lot of sense and Joe should not allow the Pistons to continue reenacting a real world version of the movie Groundhog Day.
  13. armygirl

armygirl Bench Warmer Forum Donor

No way, I say "break them up"
  14. max

max All-Star

Pistons have just tied the 1953-55 Celtics for the NBA record of consecutive Conference Finals loses. Do we go for the record?
  15. mikhail1973

mikhail1973 All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion

Kiev - Farmington Hills, MI - Santa Clara, CA
    Put my name right up there, I don't want the groundhog day. Need something fresh.
  16. pistonsloyalist

pistonsloyalist First Round Draft Pick

A GM has no room for sentimentalism, and must always think ahead. It is time to make some serious changes, and that will mean trading at least one starter (Sheed).
  17. coynejeremy

I am in favor of NOT breaking up the team, but by "breaking up" I mean losing at least two starters. I think people who want multiple starters gone are making split-decision type reactions based on emotion. Sheed is too valuable to be let go. Tay is too valuable to be let go. Maybe if something came along that allowed us to upgrade by trading one of them or Dice or someone else, we should go for it, but I seriously doubt Joe goes into his office thinking "This sucka is GONE. My goal is to get rid of someone." I'm sure he looks at who he can and would want to bring in and then weighs what it would take to get them here, and then makes the best possible decision. But to say "players XYZ are outta here" is probably a far cry from the attitude of the management that has gotten this team to a standard of consistent excellence. Who do you feel more comfortable with at the helm? I will pick Joe D and co any day over the consensus of the madding crowd.
  18. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Well, this petition seems to be gaining some momentum. There are already 6 signatures. Just this morning, there were only 5 signatures.
  19. jammertime

:pound::pound::pound::pound:
  20. max

max All-Star

I would not touch our guards. With Stucky and Afflalo improving they will be that much more deadly. Also will be able to make a gradual transition with Stucky taking over maybe in 09/10 with Billups moving to the 3rd guard.

Probably not going to find anything better than Prince so that leaves the frontcourt. Sheed has 1 year left on his contact and if we keep him then we risk losing him for nothing or he may just retire. Dyess is even contemplating retirement so something has to be done up there and Amir has to be a part of the regular rotation. Getting to the point next year where you either have to find at least 20 MPG for him or trade him so he can get going in his career. We also need some size up there. Just because Mohamed did not work out does not mean that there is still not a need for a center.

I would be tempted to move both Dyess and Sheed for some youth and take the chance that they will step up.