Portland Trailblazers Nov. 30th, 3:00 PM

Discussion in 'November 2008' started by Dlev59, Nov 24, 2008.

1. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

LMAO at the Pistons. Whatever, my expectations are low. Stuckey has to start. We have nothing that looks like a PG or anything that resembles an offense. I'm sick of Tay bringing the ball up.

We suck against teams that are actually good. :tsk:

edited to add;

Thank You Stuckey

2. lapeapod

lapeapod First Round Draft Pick

The starters just are in sleep mode today for the Pistons. I really think our second unit is a much more exciting team to watch with their uptempo style and more engaged defense. Even Fabio is fun to watch and I'm just not feeling Tay's game lately. I think the experiment with Tay being a point forward should come to an end. Time to let Stuckey and Affalo start and put Iverson and Rip on the bench.

Portland is just all kinds of fun to watch, what a talented young team and they are going to be a force down the road once they develop a nasty streak to their game.

Stuckey and Affalo are our future and I'm really excited to see those two progress this year.

3. raxrets

raxrets Team Captain

I hope that from our current starters 4 will be benched at least for one game.

That motivational thing wasn't Flip's fault as many tried to convince me ( and other nonbelievers).

ALL starters were in deep minuses and ALL bench in positive numbers (Maxiell excluded) in +/- category

4. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

What can you say? That sucked.

5. DirtyMoney

DirtyMoney First Round Draft Pick

WOw. Why can't the freakin capt of the team speak. Who wants to hear AI say anything but, i am screwing up the chemistry. Chemistry means mixing Tequila with Hennesee. I want to hear from Rip dangit!!

6. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Herrmann got to play again. Although we did ok with him in the first half, Portland was not leaving him open, and he just scored 2 points for us with several shots taken. And he gave up points on defense. In short, he did virtually nothing in this game for us.

The starters eventually got their act together. But the bench had to dig out of hole twice in this game. Excellent job by the bench.

Wierd rotation in the 2nd half. Maxiell, one of our hottest players of late, was left out. Tay never came back in for the 4th quarter. But Herrmann played. No room for him really.

Kwame did not have a terrible game. But he does not give us any fight at all for offensive boards. In contrast, Amir, over and over, is found just to the side of the basket ready for an offensive rebound. Amazing contrast. Kwame did get inside some, but in all, he simply did too little damage inside. Nice that he did hit both free throws on the one trip though.

Amir is at the basket a lot, so far his teammates have not found a way to get him the ball very often. Someone should study some film from Carlisle's first season. It can be done.

Sheed shot 3's for the most part. Way too little inside attempts.
    AI was very ineffective in this one, getting blocked if he went inside, or just missing if he hurried to avoid the blocks. Got to credit some excellent D by Portland though.

Stuckey looked great. Afflalo just play his usual excellent D. Tay got his offense going for a spell there in the 2nd half, but then never came back in the game.

Rip hit some shots. Still throws the ball away here and there trying to do too much I guess.

In all, no, I can't believe Curry thinks he put the best players out there today. He is still trying stuff. I hope he tries something else besides Herrmann at power forward, and he even used Amir at center. Yeah, ain't going to work.

Good game as far as watching the bench keep rallying. Gotta go.
    GO PISTONS!!!!!

7. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

tough to win when your starters don't produce as expected. that whole lineup curry tried at the end of the game (amir and herrmann and afflalo as the 5-4-3 players) killed any chance we had of winning.

8. roscoe36

9. 16 Mile

16 Mile Bench Warmer

Curious, why so negative towards Hermann? He's not playing any worse than the rest of the 3/4s on the team.

Not sure what to make of this team now. Are we tanking the season to free up cap or just to save cash? Are we players in 09 when Boozer and co. become available or 10 when the heavy weights show?

Until then, I have a feeling we'll see a lot more games like this. Detroit is a good team, but no longer great. AI is hurting more than helping, and our front court is just not getting the job done. Curry needs to play Hermann and Stuckey more, AI and Prince less.

At least Amir finally had a good game.

10. FreshPrince22

FreshPrince22 Bench Warmer

He's had 3 good ones in a row IMO. Seems like he's finding his niche off the bench.

11. roscoe36

Solid podshow.

12. Latinoking90

Latinoking90 Bench Warmer

Cloud is now scaring me with this curse talk. :ohwell:

13. CloudWalker

CloudWalker Bench Warmer

I said it before this game and I'll say it again. The superiority of the Portland frontline killed us.This team needs to get themselves a competent 7 footer that can be respected on offense and defense and be counted on for double digit rebounds nightly.

Look, Portland has two 7 footers, 2 6'11" guys, and a guy in Ike Diogu that managed to get a career high on us while in Indiana strictly due to his length and size.

It didn't show up in the statsheet so much, but this game turned the moment our penetrating players were met and turned away at the rim time and time again by Portlands bigs.

Obviously Joe has committed to AI, who really isn't a point guard. I personally feel that we are heavy at the 2. If Joe can turn Rip (or dare I say it, Rip and Amir) into a 7 footer with bigger hands than a china dolls I say he should go for it.

14. The Palace Artest

The Palace Artest First Round Draft Pick

Only caugh about one half. And excuse me, but this team is going nowhere if

1) The frontcourt fails to get a clue. Someone on this team must have forgotten that Aldridge is a damn good player.
    2) Allen Iverson keeps playing like a *****

What do I mean by that? He needs to stop trying to be our facilitator. He's failed at that throughout his ENTIRE career. The coaches keep telling him to just be himself, but in order for that he'll need at least 15 shots and 8 trips the the foul line. Either that or Curry needs to put him in the lineup with:11

Tayshaun at the 3, Alf, Amir, and Sheed. Surround him with defenders and garbagemen and he will thrive on offense. He'll be forced to elevate his offense.

(On the contrary, Let Rip get in with Stuckey)

15. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Absolutely right. Why Curry is that desperate to try to find a role for Herrmann is beyond me. Herrmann is not an NBA player.

Also, this experiment with starting Kwame is going way bad. Time to dump that. Amir should be starting, and JMAX should be the first sub off the bench for the bigs. Kwame and Dyess can fight for the leftovers.

16. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Their Bigs beat us on the boards, the points, the blocks and the intimidation..

Stuckey, Tay and AI went into the paint and were stuffed back. Sheed had 1 board in 39 mins??? In the first half he took 4 shots...all from beyond the arc...Aldridge pretty much owned him in the first quarter making 6 of 8 shots. (I think he a couple of the buckets were against Max too though.

If I am not mistaken but I think the team had only 1 offensive board in the first half. Sheed appeared to refuse to bang with Greg Oldman and every shot from the perimeter fell in either Olden's hands or somebody I have never even heard called Nick Batum:confused:.

I am thinking we need to switch this lineup again and start Stuckey, Rip, Amir, Tay and Sheed. Have AI be the first one in off the bench and then Max, AA and then Kwame. When Dice comes back he can be the first big off the bench. The one thing we can't rely on is McDyess being the savior though.. another big...who can stop penetration and grab more boards when Sheed is taking a Sunday will be needed, but lets let it play out for the rest of December and see what happens before we call for Joe to make that move.

17. Pwn Toney

Pwn Toney All-Star Forum Donor

Our biggest single issue tonight was that Steve Blake outplayed Allen Iverson. :stirthepot:

18. roscoe36

I gotta admit that my call tonight was probably my best call yet.

I am really proud of that.

19. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

You called it Roscoe!! AI was outplayed by Steve Blake..and also add that Aldridge's 27 points matched our entire starting front court point total

20. Winless Wonders

Winless Wonders Starter Forum Donor

I don't know what to say. When AI doesn't play well we lose bad. AI has had atleast 4 bad games so far. I don't know if he is differing too much or maybe he has lost a step. When AI is off other guy's have to step up and that has not been happening.

It is no secret that are front line gets man handled by young athelete bigs. It has been happening for the last 3 years with teams like Utah, Golden State, Orlando, I could go on. This is nothing new. Sheed is the primary problem as he doesn't want to bang with these young guys and wants to jack up 3 pointers all day long. As for all of the cries for Amir please save them folks. He would foul out by the end of the first quarter against a talent like Aldridge.