Post All Star Break Agendas

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by Slippy, Feb 17, 2006.

1. Mad Hatter

Mad Hatter First Round Draft Pick

First thing on the agenda is to see what kind of trade can still be worked out. Our lottery pick should be off the table; that is our "future." 07 is supposed to be a deep draft. The "what do we do now" agenda shouldn't be drawn up until after the deadline when we know who we have.

We definitely need more beef up front. Not just to match up with Shaq. We could also face Big Z, Magloire, Indy, and a hole host of big men. Even Dallas has two centers now. Maybe Cato can provide that if healthy. If not, we ought to move him for somebody who can play.

No doubt we need a backup point. That backup point must be able to take care of the ball, play defense, hit the open shot and finish at the hole. Losing Arroyo hurt, but no reason to panic. I prefer a long term solution to this problem. Brevin Knight and Speedy Claxston are not what I have in mind.

Delfino looks more like a "2" to me. So does Evans. If/when J-Max and Amir make a push for the backup 3, the back up 2 will get awfully crowded. In the meantime, looks like we have 3 solid bench players. Dice, Delfino, and Hunter. That's one more than we used last year.

2. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

Lue is out until late March with a knee injury.
    Knight is a decent shooter... shot over 42% for the last 3 years... shooting 30% from 3Pt this year (agreed he doesn't have a history as a deep threat)... I really don't want my backup PG standing around the arc... this guy can create for others and finish in the paint...
    Where he would really help is in the trapping game.

3. Jackattaq

Jackattaq First Round Draft Pick

Tyronne Lue is complete GARBAGE, I would much rather have an oft-injured but far superior player in Brevin. He is a top assist guy, near top ast-to ratio guy and he is averaging 2.5 steals per game this season. He is much better than Lue, who IMO is NOT A GOOD PG.

4. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

I hear that Dumars didn;t like Arroyo. But didn't he bring him in?

5. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

That was an LB thing after being scorched in the Olympics.

6. 16 Mile

16 Mile Bench Warmer

Mad, where's the Love?

Agenda:
    Keep CB healthy
    Play Delfino
    Put MO on the IR
    Play Acker
    Get Davis some serious burn
    Get Sheed some low post plays

BTW, went to buy my Authentic Orlando Jersey, couldn't find a Darko one, and for $150, I've decided to try and make my own, anyone know how to thread a needle?

7. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

It's supposed to be Pistons agendas, not personal ones... :P

It's good you decided to sew rather than iron-on. If DMC goes the way of Skita, he'll be in another jersey before long.

Btw, would you seriously wear a Darko Magic jersey in public? I hope you are a big dude and can take care of yourself if some street toughs decide to test your mettle. :laugh:

8. linwood

linwood All-Star

I'm way ahead of Jay on this one. I have already retired my Magic Milicic jersey, and am proudly sporting my number 31 Darko Milicic Yakima Sunkings Jersey.

9. FreshPrince22

FreshPrince22 Bench Warmer

I'm gonna sell my Darko Magic jersey on eBay and pick up an early edition of the Darko Milicic Circuit City uniform.

10. Mad Hatter

16 Mile
    Better be careful 16. Lee rushed out and bought a Denver jersey when Rodney White got traded. :doh: Then had to buy a Siox Falls jersey before he bought a Clipps jersey. :doh: He's got the market cornered on Yakima Sunkings jerseys.

And wassup with that? You wouldn't be saying that just cause you believe Mo is playing in front of Delfino would you? :spy:

Nawwwwww. Take the high road and encourage Delfino to OUTPLAY him. Problem solved and everybody wins. I'm still working with ya. Gonna make you a member of the "Win Now" club before it's over. :nod:

11. 16 Mile

16 Mile Bench Warmer

I'm over 6 feet, but trust me, I'm walking out late in NY, with that weird shade of blue Orlando Jersey with Darko on the back, I'm getting Jacked, real fast, and repeatedly. I cant even imagine what would happen to me in the D.

12. 16 Mile

16 Mile Bench Warmer

If Darko turns out to be another RW, I'll personally beg forgiveness from everyone on this forum.

13. linwood

linwood All-Star

Personally, I wouldn't mess with anyone with a Milicic jersey. His fans are crazy!

:eyebrows::nod:

14. Mad Hatter

16 Mile
    Uh-Oh! A promise! So how you propose to "measure" that? How many years you give him? Teams tend to keep a 7 footer (who can't play) on the bench over a 6-9 er who can't play.

Why not save us all the trouble and start begging now? That'll get you in the "Win Now" club fo sho! :nod:

15. linwood

linwood All-Star

Don't forget, the Win Now Club enjoys instant gratification this season. No waiting for some unknown commodity to pan out. NOW! Enjoy! You deserve it, 16.

16. bball jay

bball jay Bench Warmer Forum Donor

delfino is and always has outplayed mo evans.

the win now club needs to acknowledge that something funny is going on with the minutes and our young talent. we need to stop the exodus of young talent from detroit or we won't be winning now for long.

i'm going to buy a jersey for whatever team darko plays for. darko still gets love in the D.

17. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Work this unit to rest our starters. In 2 minute sessions, in each quarter.
    Fino-assist and slash
    Mo-shoot
    Amir-sf
    Dyess-pf
    DD-center
    ----------------------------------------
    Give Acker a good look.

18. Mad Hatter

bball jay
    bball jay, zat you? I thought you'd be in Orlando trying to convince the Magic fans to join the DHOF club! They didn't run you outta there did they? The nerve of those Magic fans. :laugh:

"Exodus" of our young talent? Oh...:doh: you must mean Arroyo. Don't worry, we got a future 1st rounder for him (i.e. younger talent). The other guy we moved was just a throw-in to make the numbers work.