POST Summer League 2006 Questions

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by roscoe36, Jul 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

As the Pistons are now finished their SL matches for the summer of 2006, we're going to start battening down the hatches at Bad Boy Summer Camp and tying up loose ends.

As part of the blog wind-down, The Low is happy to take any specific questions about his experience. Player evaluations/opinions, who he met and saw, the style of play, referees, the facility, you name it.

Post your questions, and he will be answering them in the near future at Bad Boy Summer Camp.

~
  2. lurker

lurker First Round Draft Pick

Re: TVSL Pistons vs Celtics FRI July 14th

Thanks for all of the excellent reports, Low. Now that Chiekh Samb is no longer so mysterious, what do you think of him overall? Does he look like he might be headed for a meaningful NBA career? What would be his natural position?
  3. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 Team Captain Forum Donor

Re: TVSL Pistons vs Celtics FRI July 14th

Low: How were the hot dogs/concessions at the T&M?
  4. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

Who would you say weighs more? Cheikh Samb or Don Zierdan?
  5. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I know this is totally the wrong spot for this (mods, please feel free to move this where ever you want), but I couldn't really find anywhere else to put this, and it is post summer league 2005 related, just not a question. Not a Pistons article, so I didn't want to put it there, and I didn't think it warrented its own thread, so....

Anyway, just an interesting article from a players perspective at the summer league.

Or, I could just say "have you seen this article?", which now makes it a post summer league 2006 question, making this the PERFECT place for this unnecessarily long and annoying post.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/columns/story?columnist=shirley_paul&page=Journal-36
  6. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

This summer league thing is new for me - never paid attention to it before. Question is, does it seem worthwhile for the players? The games seems to have suffered from a lack of any sort of flow from all the fouls. I understand the teams want to see players play and not foul out, but raising the limit only seems to give you a notion how they hit free throws.

Can a team really get a decent look at their players? With all the fouls, with the anybody we can dig up lineups?
  7. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

I've asked this a couple othertimes... if it's been answered I apologize.

Did Acker only play SG... if he played PG what % would you say
    Did Amir play mostly SF or PF?
  8. roscoe36

I'd like a breakdown on Cheikh Samb. It seems his shot making and defensive ability are not as poor or underdeveloped as we may have thought.

With added weight and seasoning, does he have the stuff to be a legit rotation player one day?
  9. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

How quickly can these guys jump off the bench and wave their towels when a big play is made by the starters?

Not sure we need to know any of this other stuff. :frusty:
  10. anakin

anakin First Round Draft Pick

Re: 2006 TVSL: Game 5 - DET vs BOS

Low/Roscoe,

Please post your final impressions/evaluation of the youngsters. Who is ready for prime time, what are their strengths/weaknesses, possible career potential etc. Something to conclude your observations of the summer league and give the rest of us fans a better picture of what exactly we have or have not.

Thanx.
  11. aurora

aurora Bench Warmer

:laugh: It is important to consider that the bench is part of the show. Darko was highly entertaining on the bench. We haven't had any real star quality on the bench since he left. Dee Brown would have been great bench entertainment for us. Too bad. Maybe they should add this as a draft category and rate the entertainment value of each draft hopeful.:nod:
  12. pistolpete

pistolpete Second Round Draft Pick

What is going on with Nik Caner-Medley? Why did he get so little playing time in the summer league? Are the Pistons hiding him? What are his chances of sticking with the club?
  13. Mad Hatter

Mad Hatter First Round Draft Pick

I've got those same questions. Also with J-Max's reported drop in weight, does he look like he can play the 3 spot a-la Big Nasty? How would you rate his lateral quickness? Better, worse, or about the same?
  14. roscoe36

Last kick at the can on this one folks. I'll be putting these questions together for The Low, so if you want to add one, please do so by Thursday!

Thanks!
  15. crumbs

crumbs First Round Draft Pick

I posted these in another thread, but this seems to be a better place to ask. Thanks in advance:

Two concerns/questions:

1. Is Maxiell as poor a rebounder as these stats show? Just 4.6 rpg for 30 mpg seems discouraging.

2. Acker's shooting percentage at 36% is ugly. The VSL recaps indicated that he was getting open looks, but that percentage does not give me confidence that he's ready to play at the next level.

I haven't had a chance to watch any of the games, and somethimes stats don't tell the whole story, but these two numbers lowered my expectations for Maxiell and Acker.
  16. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

Low, you wrote some scathing reviews of Darko last year. How does Cheik Samb compare toDarko Milicic?
  17. bezeach

bezeach First Round Draft Pick 1x Fantasy Champion

I should know the answer to this question but I don't: What was the Pistons final record in the summer league?
  18. roscoe36

Finished 2-3
  19. easybuckets

easybuckets First Round Draft Pick

How was Will???? Any chance of him backing up C B later this year at the point?
  20. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

I can answer that. NO Way! I like how he brings up the ball and his passing is good but right now he's the poor man's lindsey hunter. He's still a GT/D-League player. If he makes Acker-like strides, maybe next year.

I take that back...if hunter gets hurt, there might be a small chance. But I bet dumars will sign a cleaves-type player if not cleaves himself.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.