Potential Knicks Backcourt - Marbury & Francis

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by dba, Feb 21, 2006.

1. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I keep reading about this, and keep wanting to say something about it, but my jaw keeps dropping down onto the keyboard and knocking my fingers off the keys.

asdf;kljasd;ljkfsadl;kfjsad;klfjsdaf;lkj

Rats, there it went again.

2. MotownPride

MotownPride Starter 2x Fantasy Champion

Two selfish players that don't know how to win games.

When you multiply two negatives together it yields a positive result, right?

Zeke hopes so. :ohwell:

3. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

Rumor has it that zeke's been hanging around Stern's office lobbying for a fundamental rule change. This new rule would implement the controversial Two Ball/Four basket game play.

4. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

And don't forget the if you're far enough over the salary cap it starts to look like you're under thing.

5. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

There's the luxury tax to keep teams from favoring the rich and then theres the mega luxury tax break that allows clubs that go WAY above the limit to get a break for spending so much. That was mandated by the bush administration.

6. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

If Franchise goes to N.Y. this could effect our draft pick...
    If they're able to swap Stevie's contract for Penny's they're real close to having some decent free agent money this summer... add another piece... get rid of a selfish PG...maybe Hill or Darko contributes a little and they could make it out of the lottery next year.

7. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

anyone ever play the original railroad tycoon? sweet game btw...anyway i tried to do as bad as possible, and after i went $32,000,000+ in debt, it changed to a positive the next fiscal period. they stored their integers with 4 bytes in the -32,768 to 32,767 range, and i overflowed it and it went back into the positive. i then won the game :D

8. 16 Mile

16 Mile Bench Warmer

Being an LB hata and living in NY is a beautiful thing. LB is imploding in slow mo, Zeke is doing everything to speed it up, and I've got a front row seat.

Imagine LB sitting between Franchise and Starbury, trying to explain to them how to play "the right way."

lmao

9. Winless Wonders

Winless Wonders Starter Forum Donor

Zeke is the dumbest GM in sports. Why would you trade for Steve? He is the exact same player as Marbury. Both of them are way undersized to be starting 2 guards in today's NBA. This is not 1986 this is 2006 Zeke!!!!
    It is going to be a hoot to see Larry implode. I think he is just about ready for a medical leave in about 3 weeks. :nod:

10. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

I don't agree with Francis because he is a heel as a person, but I wonder how many of you have watched Marbury play under LB since late Dec?

Marbury is the MVP of that team, the only guy that can get them to a W. Not Curry, not Crawford, not any of the rooks and certainly not Jalen Rose.

Marbury is starting to turn into an LB PG, ala CB. If you watch closely, some props are in order for both of them, in a season where the Knicks have very little to be proud of.

And yeah, LB is probably polishing his catheter tonight.

11. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

Knicks DieNasty

Is anyone else tired of the NBA media being dominated by the Knicks...
    Let's see... they're trading for Franchise, KG, Nene, Ray Allen etc. etc.
    Me thinks these reporters have been around the sleeze rags too long... No they ain't getting superstars for Bozo.
    I originally thought LB would bring a solid discipline to the Knicks... sorry but you can't judge talent or build consistency with 28 different starting lineups.... and Isiah is not what LB needs... they're both back there planing the next major overhaul every other game.
    Sooner or later they'll get lucky with a change (if their expiring contracts don't run out first).... but I highly doubt that any decent FA is gonna want to move to the Titanic this summer.... who in their right mind would want to deal with that media?
    I am now 100% convinced that LB moving on was the right move... the heavy hand can be effective for a whilie until mutiny sets in.

I don't think anyone in that organization has the resolve to wait for the team to gel.... They would have traded Darko for Eric Williams within three months.
    It shows how important a stable influence like Joe is for success... calculated, fiscally responsible decisions is the right approach.

12. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

13. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

I hate the Knicks. Mainly because when they have a good team the Pistons are no were to to found.
    LB aways called himself a teacher. But not of retards. He'll only work with talent now. And he has some.

14. Mad Hatter

Mad Hatter First Round Draft Pick

Actually I think this was a shrewd move by Zeke. First off, moving Penny for Stevie is a MAJOR upgrade, no matter how you slice it. IF (big if) LB can get those two to play "the right way," that potentially can become an awesome backcourt.

On it's face, one would question why Zeke keeps adding high priced players. Take a look at the roster he inherited two years ago. :scared: I would argue that he's replacing high priced players who can't play with high priced players who can.

In the long term, don't anybody bet against KG not being moved in the offseason. It's been reported that he WANTS to play in NY. Minny outta show some class and move this guy since they couldn't build a team around him. Zeke may very well be stocking up humongous tradable contracts to make a run at KG.

Yeah, Zeke is crazy. Like a fox! :spy:

15. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Merc, no, not when the Knicks are rolling around in their own vomit. I hate all those NY teams. I especially like hearing NY talk show hosts crying out loud.