powderburn plaxico

Discussion in 'Football, Baseball, and Hockey' started by G-man, Jun 6, 2011.

1. G-man

G-man Starter

Little ditty from today regarding this guy being released. Don't know if his agent been dipping in the wrong tobacco or if there are teams willing to bid for his services. My guess is he gets a camp invite but i'd be surprised at his age and after two years out of the game that he gets anything significant in the way of multi-year deal.. who knows..

can't imagine the Lions would have any interest.. but again..who knows

"Burress served almost two years in prison after pleading guilty to attempted criminal possession of a weapon. In November of 2008, Burress accidentally shot himself in the thigh when a weapon he was holding in his sweatpants discharged in a New York nightclub, and that started a downward spiral that now has him as an interesting NFL comeback story.

Between the recent rehabilitation story of Philadelphia Eagles quarterback Michael Vick and the currently slow NFL news cycle, we can expect to hear all sorts of football options for Burress, who is reportedly heading down to Florida to begin training for his own comeback.

Of course, if you ask his agent Drew Rosenhaus, Burress is already set to go. "We are going to be open to all 32 teams," Rosenhaus said on Monday. "Ultimately, this will be Plax's decision, not mine. I am here to help him pick the best spot and get the very best contract. And that is what we will do … Before the lockout started and during that very brief window, right around the time of the draft, the feedback was excellent.

Plaxico is going to be a top free agent, there are going to be multiple teams interested in signing him. I expect him to get a good contract, I expect him to absolutely be playing. I think he'll be coveted. He'll be one of our top free agents."

Burress out of prison, but what’s next? - Shutdown Corner - NFL%Blog - Yahoo! Sports
  2. Nemo

Nemo Hall of Fame Forum Donor

He served his time and should get another opportunity. The Lions are stocked at Wr and need to focus interest and dollars in other areas. Let him go to the Eagles. Darth will love him...........:)
  3. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

Seriously I think he is going to the Eagles. They say he has expressed a desire to go there and, you know, they have Vick. So they know how to handle that kind of thing.

I was not happy when they signed Vick but look at how great that turned out. :)

I would be happy to add Plaxico to our group of star receivers. He isn't going anywhere until the labor dispute gets settled, but look for him to once again don green. This time it won't be Sparty green. It will be midnight green.

Look, the guy did a really really dumb thing and paid dearly for it. I've done really stupid stuff too. He only hurt himself (literally and figuratively). I say give him a chance and see what he's got left in the tank.
  4. Nemo

Start a thread about these things...:)
  5. Darth Tater

:pound: I was typing my previous post before I saw this. But you are right on target with my view.

Hey, shouldn't you be a Dolphins fan?
  6. Nemo

I like that team also.......
  7. Darth Tater

8. Susie914

Susie914 Bench Warmer Forum Donor

He's a big time dumb a$$....I don't want him..
  9. Nemo

I saw the footage of him coming out of prison finally.....

This guy is married with kids. I woulda preferred to see him come out of prison and be embraced by his wife and kids...instead of Drew Rosenhouse. He's not a hardened criminal...he's just an idiot........
  10. Susie914

Susie914 Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Yeah, and he was wearing a Phillies hat........
  11. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

12. Nemo