Power Forward Projections: Jmax & AJ

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by Slippy, Dec 15, 2006.

1. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Amir is restricted. As long as we make a qualifying offer, and we don't spend our mid-level exception prior to signing him, we can match any contract offer he receives, even a max deal.

2. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Doesn't the guard need to score on occasion to make the screen and roll an effective weapon? As of right now, why would anyone bother guarding Blalock?

3. buddahfan

buddahfan Retired from Forum

The guy only shot a bit over 40% in college. He is in my opinion another Mateen Cleaves. We have to remember he was the 60th pick last spring, which makes him a definite long shot to begin with. With C-Bill and Hamilton in the backcourt, the Pistons cap and draft positions, I think Joe D.'s approach to finding a #3 guard has been to loook for a cheap rent a guard with experience for 1 or 2 years; i.e. James, Arroyo and now Murray.

TSN : NBA-PISTONS - Canada's Sports Leader

:hoops:

4. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

in Summer league, MAteen looked great compared to blalock. Hopefully we have some assistants working with him to improve blalock. He has a very small window of opportunity. One of those picks in 2007 will be a PG.

5. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Chauncey Billups shot 41% in both of his college seasons.

6. buddahfan

Mateen has always had a lot of point guard ability. His problem has been that he couldn't shoot well enough.

I am not sure if you meant that in the summer league he looked great at the point running the team and distributing or if you meant he looked geat with a complete game including shooting. They say that the point guard position is the hardest one to transition from going to the pros, though Jordan Farmar has so far done an excellent job coming off the Laker bench in his rookie year.

7. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

It also took CB several seasons and teams to break through on the pro level.

8. buddahfan

Good point. I remember Magic couldn't shoot 3 pointers at all when he first came to Lakers. It wasn't until toward the end of his career that he developed a decent 3 point "push shot". He never did jump (very much) on those.

Hopefully WB can improve his outside game enough while still with the Pistons to become effective at the pro level.

9. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

I meant that he looked good at running the point and distributing...shot was ok. Defense was good. Blalock cannot survive with out a good jump shot even if he prefers to drive and dish.