1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

Power Rankings

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by Zoso, Sep 4, 2005.

1. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

Zoso

Right. But then why doesn't he see the Pistons challenging San Antonio? If we are the same team as last year and came within minutes of beating them and there are no questions regarding our team then he should view us as a serious challenge to the Spurs.

2. Zoso

Zoso First Round Draft Pick

Kerr

Darth,

Kerr, along with Sean Elliott, have been notorious Spurs slappys since they played with them. They can do no wrong in thier eyes. I seriously doubt that he would believe that any team could challenge the Spurs for the title. The only way to get to a guy like Kerr is to "Smack him in the mouth with the trophy". Nothing short of that would get the message across. :nod:

3. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

LOL

**I'm picturing this...it's a beautiful thing**

:first::yield:

4. puertoricanballer

puertoricanballer First Round Draft Pick

Rating

They are going to find out when the Stones smack'em in their mouth with the trophy. (Thanks Sheed, this quote is a classic). And speaking about Sheed, beign 20 lbs lighter and playing ala Garnett will be good for him, since he love to play facing the rim.

5. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 All-Star Forum Donor

Kerr's ratings

One thing I found surprising is that he doesn't even have the Sonics making the playoffs. Hmmmm.

6. himat

himat Bench Warmer

I have very little doubts after i heard how motivated Sheed' was. Ever since he came he basically just gave us that edge. As for the pistons not being on the top I like it. Just gives me something more to enjoy after we take our trophy back.

7. M4Babbie

M4Babbie Second Round Draft Pick

I hate Steve Kerr... For many reasons. Thankfully I dont have to hear himself contridict himself, until The Pistons play on TNT(where I'll most likely just mute it and turn the radio on) I bet he didnt even type the article.

8. Griffin

Griffin First Round Draft Pick

You can't let anything Steve Kerr says get under your skin. It's not worth your high blood pressure.

I used to get angry at these jokers before we won the championship, because in my head and heart I knew the Pistons were better than the national Power Rankings said they were, even though I had nothing to prove it. But now, after two trips to the Finals, I know I was right and they were wrong.

I understand how it goes. You get angry at these guys because they are basically paid to spout uninformed BS from their mouthes. It's not fair or right.

This Piston team's legacy seems to be largely intertwined with the word r-e-s-p-e-c-t. It's true of the players, it's true of their fans. We don't want these guys remembered for being anything less than great. Being remembered as Lucky Underdogs won't do, nor will being called a nice tough team. We want these guys to be remembered as The Toughest, most Unbreakable team that ever played the game. That legacy has not yet been entirely fulfilled, but they're close.

And we wonder why jagoffs like Kerr and Legler and Greg Anthony and Walton can't see how close they are.

I understand why it's frustrating. But just remember man, we know a hell of a lot more about this team than those guys do.

9. MotownPride

MotownPride Starter 2x Fantasy Champion

Greg Anthony

Didn't Greg Anthony pick the Pistons last year?

Speaking of which...I wonder if Stephen A. Smith will return to the ESPN sports announcer team for Shootaround.

10. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 All-Star Forum Donor

Anthony

I belive Anthony did pick the Pistons last season. But I'm glad Griffin posted that because I wasn't sure on the spelling of "jagoff." I didn't know if it was a hyphenated word or simply one word. :)

11. Winless Wonders

Winless Wonders Starter Forum Donor

Alot of you guy's get bent out of shape way too easily. Like I really care what some sleb like Kerr or Leiger think. That's why the games are played.

We have a lot to prove this year. We are not going to get much attention early on because most feel that LB made this team and not the players. As stupid as it sounds because the players are the one playing the games it is the truth. People are not going to believe until we are holding the trophy again. Nothing new. You guy's should be used to it by now.:)

12. himat

himat Bench Warmer

This Tony Meija guy on cbssportsline thinks Chauncey is the 8th best pointgaurd in the entire league, and Kerr thinks we're not a top 5 team. This is where our team excels guys, we all are not happy right now, and we won't be for along time till the end of the Finals. I really think this team can turn into a Dynasty, because they are not your average great team we took a different route and the Pistons players will never give up, and they will always have each others backs. I can't wait like 9 months for us to have a chance to win the trophy again.

13. Griffin

Griffin First Round Draft Pick

Anthony is a notorious waffler. But I seem to recall he liked Indy before The Cup was thrown.

14. buddahfan

buddahfan Retired from Forum

15. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

rankings

Three Eastern Conference teams (Miami is at #5) in the top 5. What is going on here? Is the power shifting?

16. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Bill,

As soon as Shaq arrived, yep, it did.

I love the East. Big men playing hard nosed basketball. Get that weak West Coast Showtime jive OUTTA HERE! :bolt:

17. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

The Spurs are an East team trapped in a West city.

18. himat

himat Bench Warmer

Yes they are, and the pistons are a team that is trapped in a league that doesn't work hard.:ohwell:

19. lurker

lurker First Round Draft Pick

Pistons not contenders??

NBA Predictions from New York Times:

http://www.nytimes.com/imagepages/2005/10/31/sports/20051101_westcaps.html
    West

Title Contenders
    1. Spurs 2. Nuggets(!)

Playoff Bound
    3. Suns 4. Rockets 5. Mavs 6. Grizz 7. Warriors

Playoff Bubble
    8. Sonics 9. Kings 10. Wolves

Lottery Bound
    11. Lakers 12. Jazz 13. Clippers 14. Blazers 15. Hornets

http://www.nytimes.com/imagepages/2005/10/31/sports/20051101_east_caps.html
    East

Title Contender
    1. Heat

Playoff Bound
    2. Pacers 3. Pistons 4. Nets 5. Cavs 6. Bulls 7. Wiz

Playoff Bubble
    8. Bucks 9. Knicks 10. 76ers

Lottery Bound
    11. Celtics 12. Magic 13. Hawks 14. Raptors 15. Bobcats

Good fuel for the fire. I like our boys playing with a chip on their shoulder.

20. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

New ESPN Power Rankings Out

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/powerranking?season=2006&week=1

I was actually checking this last night - when you normally clicked the link it had week=0 ... well I put week=1 and watched it update last night. Stein had the Pistons #1 until about 3 AM ... interesting how he changed his mind at the last second.