Preseason Pistons at Mavericks ~ Oct 27th

Discussion in 'Preseason 2005/6' started by roscoe36, Oct 25, 2005.

1. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Detroit Pistons at Dallas Mavericks
    October 27th, 2005 ~ 8:30 pm
    American Airlines Center, built 2001, capacity 19,200

TV: WB20
    Radio: WDFN

DAMPIER AND STACKHOUSE DOUBTFUL
  2. roscoe36

Dallas 103 Det 97

BoxScore - From nba.com
    PlayByPlay - From nba.com

Player of the game: Rip 18 pts on 8-11 shooting in 25min
    Sub of the game: Darko 6 blocks and 7 pts in 24 mins

Notable Mentions: Maxiel 10 pts in last 7 mins of the game
    and Carlos Arroyo off to one of his best games as a Piston before getting ejected in the 2nd quarter with his 2nd tech. 8 pts on 4-5 shooting with 3 assists and 0 TO's in only 8 mins.
    Also Ronald Dupree continues to make a strong case for himself with another energy game shooting 3-3 with 5 boards in 14 mins.

Tough loss but Dallas pretty much used their regular rotation wheras the Pistons chose to use this game to get the young guys some practice and to iron out final roster decisions.

3. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

This is a game to watch closely.
    Avery has them playing defense... and they have a deep team with experience.
    Their weakness is at center... can Darko take advantage of this?

I'll be more of a believer of our bench if they win this battle in Dallas.... the Mavs bench looks solid... although they had trouble with the press.

I don't like the Harris Arroyo matchup at all... I'd like to see Acker check him for a while.

Does the bench show up on the road?

All right bench... show us whatcha got.
  4. lazyberbs

lazyberbs First Round Draft Pick

We know the starters can play on the road

But I think it will be very educational to see if the bench can. If they show that they are not overwhelmed and can play as a unit on the road, I will feel much better about our chances to go all the way, even though I already feel pretty good about them already.

I am sure the bench will play hard. I just want to see them able to get good results. It did seem that they got a little edgy on the road in Milwaukee.

Anyway, after these next two games, we will know a lot more.

Hope to maybe see some of you guys in the Palace on the 2nd of November.
  5. roscoe36

I am a big Josh Howard fan. I like the Mavs. They've got a lot of potential if AJ can get them to play some hard nosed "D".
  6. iamme

iamme First Round Draft Pick

last time i went to a Mavs/Pistons game, Josh Howard came up into the stands to talk to family/friends after the game. he asked me to take a group pic of them with their camera :P
  7. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Bench vs Bench. Off the bench they bring Marquis Daniels, Devin Harris, Stack, KVH and a misc player. They lack toughness at the 4/5 spot from the bench, but they have a slight advantage on the perimeter. We put Mo on Stack (OK, I guess) but LOs Dos trying to check Daniels and Harris, that scares me. But they have guys out of position on that squad, Stack is a natural 2 that likes to shoot, Daniels needs the ball more, as does Harris, and as we all know, with Stack that's hard to do. One on one they may have us, but if we execute we can get 'em, more talent and toughness/game up front.

Dallas is a tough team for us especially with Doug 'I'm Whipped' Christy, he gets in Rips chest big time and J Terry is a tough defensive assignment for CHauncey. Josh Howard is a nightmare for Tayshaun at both ends of the floor. It's nights like these that X2 earn their $$$$.
  8. LanierFan

LanierFan Bench Warmer

KGreg's got it right, in this game we need Tayshaun to show up.
  9. himat

himat Bench Warmer

He hasn't shown up any game except for our last game gainst Miami lets see if he continues. I'm now very worried about getting Tay a new deal he's only got 5 days, damn.
  10. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Why is League Pass not showing this game? It's wack.
  11. lazyberbs

lazyberbs First Round Draft Pick

It'll be on the WB 20

If you get that channel, you will get it.

Anyone else got a hunch that with the days off, we will have a few new wrinkles to show the Mavs?

I think we win this one on their floor.
  12. LanierFan

LanierFan Bench Warmer

Seems like the League Pass deal in preseason includes Fox Sports games but not those carried by other affiliates. Too bad, because I really don't want to watch TNT drool over Miami while they crush the Magic.
  13. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Serbian Swat Machine is in effect.

And Super Dup is making it impossible to cut him.
  14. iamme

Dupree > Acker

if you want someone who can produce now, you've got to pick Super Dup.
  15. 16 Mile

16 Mile Bench Warmer

Is this real? Does DMC already have 5 blocks?
  16. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Dupree > Acker

As much as I like what I saw in Acker, Dupree is playing HARD. Dupree and Milicic are playing well together too. Darko- 5 blocks, 0 rebounds and Dupree- 1 block, 5 rebounds in 11 minutes. I'm only keeping track of the game online, but it sounds like the bench is gelling.

What happened with the Arroyo ejection?
  17. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

Lil update please.
  18. iamme

he took objection to Dirk's foul. maybe a little arm swing after the block attempt. Arroyo fronted Dirk and started yapping. Diop came in to break it up, and Arroyo slapped Diop's arm away. you could read Arroyo's lips, "GET YO HANDS OFF ME BOY!" lol.
  19. LanierFan

LanierFan Bench Warmer

Final score: Mavs 103, Pistons 97. Didn't see the game but read the blow-by-blow on other forums. Sounds like the Mavs played to win, with Dirk going against our third string until a few minutes were left.

Some folks are saying Acker pressed too much and played selfishly. Like I said, I didn't watch the game. Same folks were saying Darko got screwed on the stat sheet ... credited with 7 points, 2 assists, and 6 blocks, when in fact he had at least eight. Apparently Maxiell played well.
  20. LA Sam

LA Sam Second Round Draft Pick

Stuff

Lots of good news in this one.

Darko: Beginning to be a force in the middle. He sets a league record with 5 blocks in a quarter, and probably altered at least that many. Darko is just what we need now, a defensive big man that can score, Joe does it again!

JMax: If he was 6'9, he'd be perfect, but even at 6'6, he's a real find. I feel lucky, because just like Darko, there's something special about this kid that we'll only see with PT.

Dupree: He's ready now!!! Dupree just may be the sleeper on this team. Overlooked by most fans, the guy simply can shoot, defend, and run the fast break like a shorter Salley. Sure we could use Hunters defense, but it's time to let the kids grow up.

Arroyo: Ok, he couldn't keep his Latin temper down, but before he got tossed, he was amazing.

Delfino: I wish I could see the game, because I really want to know how good he's moving. He seems to be recovered, so I'm looking forward to a lot of production.

Look out NBA, Detroit has one hell of a bench (BTW, the starters lost the game in the 3rd).