1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

Preseason Pistons at Mavericks ~ Oct 27th

Discussion in 'Preseason 2005/6' started by roscoe36, Oct 25, 2005.

1. himat

himat Bench Warmer

Oh well

I am not angry at all that the Pistons lost because its still the preseason. I was very angry though when Dirk started talking ish to Arroyo, and then Arroyo lost control and got 2 techs and was ejected. If he hadn't got ejected we probably would of won because he'd make the offense run a lot better than Acker would. After yesterdays game I think Acker will be cut, but I hope we can somehow keep him. I was thinking we could send him to Europe for a while than get him on the roster but we don't have him signed so many other teams would want to get him. He's good defensively, and he's talented offensively, but he keeps the ball in his hands too long and he can't set up the offense right. How about Darko though 6 blocks:eyebrows:. We take on Minnesota at Minnesota today at 9 for our last preseason game.

2. armygirl

armygirl Bench Warmer Forum Donor

I was not able to see the game but was able to catch the highlights and following it on NBA.Com. Arroyo gets the "Attaboy Award" from me. I give him props for showing aggressiveness and not backing down. The little guy gets the standing O from me. Probably would not have picked up the second tech if it was reg season.

JMax still cannot see him playing Small Forward unless he loses 20-30 lbs.

Darko came in second for the "Attaboy Award"

Dupree, Acker, Acker, Dupree, the way Dumars is talking he may draw straws on this one. I like Acker, but if Lindsay doesn't retire Acker may be history. I really believe that Dumars will have a difficult time with his decision to cut Acker but based on Dupree's performance in the preseason, he may not have a choice.

My Pistons bench player of the year continues to be Mo Evans. Remember you heard it here.

3. jdmiser

jdmiser Second Round Draft Pick

Darko/Game

I am VERY pleased with Darko's progress. If only it wasn't stunted by two years. But hey, I'll take it all the same.

Who is excited to see what Ben is like when he actually gets to rest every now and again???

4. LanierFan

LanierFan Bench Warmer

I'm not getting this "Maxiell is overweight" thing. We aren't talking about a Mike Sweetney lookalike, but a barrel-chested guy who looks different from the usual basketball body type. Get used to it, because that's what he was born with. Losing weight won't morph him into a speedy small forward.

5. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

was just about to say that laneirfan. listen, jmax has a wide body, and as laimbeer said on the telecast last night, he's jumps surprisingly quick. for those that want him at SF, he *did* get 10 points in 7 minutes at PF last night did he not? ben wallace is 5 inches too short to be an NBA center but he does just fine...

darko was ridiculous, wow...dupree played great, arroyo was excellent and got dribble penetration. all around i was pleased with the game.

if we keep dupree, there's a chance billups or arroyo gets hurt and then we're screwed until LH gets back. when LH gets back acker will go down to the NBDL or inactive list though...he can't really help us this year.

dupree *can* help us but his minutes will be limited...but at this point he's played too well to cut him. he'd be decent trade bait later in the year, but his salary is so small that would be difficult to work out unless he was packaged with another player. pros and cons to both.

6. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Ok 1st off I missed the entire 3rd qtr, leave it to my Lady to send me on a 30 min errand during halftime.

The starters, Starting to see Flips motion happening. Rasheed playing the highpost is just awesome.

Tayshaun keeps disappointing me, he's just standing on the weakside waiting circa early 2004 season. First they said it was his knees being sore, I hope that's what it is, he's just not being aggressive. LB had to crack the whip to bring that turtle out of his shell, and if you look at his coach in college, Tubby Smith, the Tubby Scowl can make anybody do anything. Flip may have to DO something about this.

Rasheed was solid in very lmtd mins. Ben is running and jumping for boards like it's 2002 again. Rip looked PHENOMENAL :nod: . Shooting is rhythm, and when you get a shooter in a rhythm WATCH OUT!!! he's coming off screens and just letting it RIP with the full backing of his coach, no thinking-just shoot it baby when you're open. I could see Rips game raising under Flips like Cassells did 2 seasons ago when people were saying he was a bonafied allstar. Chauncey SUCKED in the 1st qtr, he had like 3 TO's where Terry just flat out ripped him twice, and we had to put Rip on Terry because Chauncey just couldn't stay with him. Ahhh but then enters Arroyo......

I am critical as hell on PG's (being a former PG) but Arroyo played a beautiful game last night, his best by far. Dude was 4-5 on excellent shots from everywhere. (1)Pushed the rock hard up court, nobody picked him up because they played the passing lanes and he hit a nice floater. (2)On a screen roll, they played him for the pass again and he went straight to the rack - goaltending. (3)Hit an open 18 footer when the D backed off of him, (4) gave up the rock, cut to the open spot, got it back and knocked down another 18'er. Arroy did a good job of shooting at the right times so that he could run the offense. When the D don't respect your shot, they basically play you for the pass and cheat off you, they did that and he made them pay. He made an excellent effort to get the offense started quickly and dish the rock, he along with Dupree......

I think Dupree is here, period. We only saw about 1/3 of his game under LB, Dup can flat out ball, he's got a nice shot, and can leap, defend and rebound which is the one thing Darko isn't GREAT at.......

Darko, man oh man. :laugh: I'm no longer impressed, this can be expected, he had 5 blocks in one qtr, should have been 8, as stated earlier Darko would get the block but a teammate would pick up a foul on the body, on others DMC just doesn't get any Zebra love, he got some BS calls against him. Man DMC just flat out punked KVH, and in the 3rd qtr Dirk tried to post DMC and throw some ol weak isht up.......DARKO said NOT!!!!! He had a move from the high post on KVH that just makes you say daaaaaaaaammmn. Drove him right, spun back left, fingerrolled left hand. Dude covered about 19' feet with two bounces and a pivot whew.......

Speaking of whew.......J-Max. Quit making this kid a SF, he's a PF, and he can hold his own at PF. They had him on Diop who's 7 feet, and Diop didn't get a board or a bucket, while J-Max just beasted cats on the offensive end from all over the court while getting a block here and there. This was a great pick, I hope he gets some run, right now J-Max IS MORE OF AN INSIDE THREAT THAN MCDYESS. I could see a front line of any combination of these 3, J-Max, DMC, Sheed, and Ben.

Evans was ok in lmtd mins, and Delfino struggled offensively. The fact that we can say Delfino struggled is a great sign. You first need to have some GAME, before your GAME can struggle, and every player has an off night.

This bench will be good, but inconsistent because of youth, but they will be very entertaining to watch. For instance, Delfino was bench POG last game and couldn't hit a layup this game, Evans hit 20 one game and 5 the next, DMC is a non factor one game and then shuts the paint down the next time etc etc. They're young but they'll get it.

7. MotownPride

MotownPride Starter 2x Fantasy Champion

great analysis. Just wondering KGREG...are you ready to hand Dyess's minutes over to J-Max like Lee suggested? I really wished they would have played the game on NBA League Pass yesterday :frusty: because if Max played that well I am truely at a loss for words.

8. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Look fellas ACKER SUCKS AS A PG. Ack isn't doing anything special at the pt. IMHO Delfino is better at the pt than Ack as is Tay. Ack hasn't done anything that makes you say, hmmmm, he's got some game. If we lose a PG than we can always get an FA vet from off of a street corner somewhere that can give us what Ack does at the Pt. The boy is not a natural PG that is comfortable at the position, and HE'S SLOW!!!!

9. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Nope, just that Max gives us something Dyess doesn't, as Dyess is almost exclusively a jump shooter these days. Now ask me the same thing next season and my answer may be different.

10. armygirl

armygirl Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Good point jdmiser. This is one variable that I think has been overlloked when doing our obs and evaluation of this season.

11. 16 Mile

16 Mile Bench Warmer

The boys at PTI were just talking about Darko. They said all he needs is playing time, and that they arent suprised by his play because they both think he's good.

Talk about being excited, but how good will Darko be with actual PT, with respect from the refs, and with confidence?