Preseason Pistons vs Bucks ~ Oct 13th

Discussion in 'Preseason 2005/6' started by Superstarov, Oct 2, 2005.

1. Superstarov

Superstarov First Round Draft Pick

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Pistons vs Bucks
    October 13th, 2005 ~ 7:30 pm
    Palace of Auburn Hills, built 1998, league leading capacity 22,076

TV: FSN Detroit
    Radio: WDFN

[micro] Don't forget that NBA.com is streaming preseason games in League Pass audio for free!

Preseason Preview: Game 2

The Pistons will open their second pre-season game, the first game to be played at the Palace of Auburn Hills, against the Milwaukee Bucks on Thursday, October 13th at 7:30 p.m. After a season that ended with a disappointing 30 wins, the Bucks are looking to make improvements this year. The Bucks, led by Michael Redd, are hoping that their new addition Andrew Bogut, the number one pick of the 2005 NBA Draft, will help move them up in the Central Division.

Probable Starters

Detroit - Billups, Hamilton, Prince, Wallace and Wallace
    Milwaukee - Ford, Redd, Mason, Smith and Bogut

Injuries

Detroit - Lindsey Hunter
    Milwaukee - None

2. Superstarov

Superstarov First Round Draft Pick

Box Score

Play-by-play

POST #26 in this thread has a great recap done by LanierFan. Make sure you check it out.

RECAP - AUBURN HILLS, Mich. (AP) -- Chauncey Billups scored 16 points and Darko Milicic added 10 points and nine rebounds helping the Detroit Pistons beat the Milwaukee Bucks 95-88 in a preseason game Thursday night.

Tayshaun Prince added 10 points for Detroit while Ben Wallace had eight points and 13 rebounds.

Maurice Williams led the Bucks with 19 points, while former Michigan State star Charlie Bell, who last played in the NBA in 2002, had 12.

Milwaukee was missing three key players to injury -- Michael Redd (groin), T.J. Ford (hand) and Joe Smith (knee). Andrew Bogut, the top pick in this year's draft, started and scored three points in 21 minutes. He had six rebounds and four fouls.

Detroit led early with its starters on the floor, but Milwaukee took a 44-39 halftime lead against the Pistons reserves.

Billups hit three 3-pointers early in the third quarter to help the Pistons lead 67-64 at period's end.

Both teams went to their benches again for the fourth quarter, but this time the Pistons held on. Maurice Evans had six points in an 12-3 run that gave Detroit a 79-69 lead with 8:09 to go, and the Bucks never seriously threatened.

3. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

TJ Ford making a comeback. Another game I won't get on TV. :(

4. MotownPride

MotownPride Starter 2x Fantasy Champion

yeah, this really sucks...I was looking forward to seeing that.

5. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

What are we looking for.

Looking forward to this game. I want to see a few things specifically concerning DMC.

(1)Try and get him some run with the starters because I want to see him against Bogut.

(2) DMC vs Kukoc, should be interesting.

(3) DMC vs Joe Smith.

(4) J-Max against Bougut, Josh Davis and especially against Brandon Hunter.

(5)Delfino and Evans trying to defend Simmons, Mason and the former Flinstone Charlie Bell.

(6) I want to see Evans vs Redd.
    - This could happen in the regular season if a starter gets into foul trouble, I want to see if Mo can defend the other teams best 2/3 if needed.

6. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

Yeah the Bogut/Darko matchup should be interesting.
    During the DMC draft hype they said that most years he would have been a #1 pick.... so here we have a #1 pick with less NBA experience than Darko...
    I would like to see Darko take this as a challange to show that he belongs as an elite pick... go out and take it to Bogut.
    I don't want to see him giving up offensive rebounds
    His next big step will be to start hitting some of them open shots.

Can we keep TJ from getting inside?

Let's don't forget their new guy Simmons... doesn't seem like they'd pay that much for him to be a backup
    Or does Mason start?
    Too many SG's/SF's could lead to a trade (also have Gaines, Ilyasova, Welsch, Kukoc)

I think Gadzuric is underrated... solid backup big (rated high in efficiency ratings).

One of the most athletic teams we'll face this year.

7. TBird

TBird First Round Draft Pick

Merc on Simmons

I heard they were considering putting him at PF to make room for both he and Mason.

Doesn't make a lot of sense to me, but supposedly that's what they were going to try.

8. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

I'm hoping/expecting that the rookies play tonight.

Yeah, the darko/Bogut matchup should be really good.

I tried the NBA.com thing, but wasn't sure where to look to stream or how to do it.:confused:

9. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

Let's hope they do put Simmons @ PF... Sheed or Dice would destroy the 6' 6" kid.

10. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Left hand side, NBA Audio pass or something under League Pass.

Click on it, and it brings up a listing of games.

11. himat

himat Bench Warmer

Oh yeah both of you don't live here...can you at least get radio?

Also I want to really see Darko take Bogut, and I want Maxiell to play against him too. He gave fits to bogut in college according to some people.

12. congoman

congoman First Round Draft Pick

FYI...League Audio Pass is free during the exhibition games

13. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 Team Captain Forum Donor

Listening to the game

www.wdfn.com streams for free, too. Gotta register.

14. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Direct TV NBA League Pass

I am getting the game live out here in SoCal. So far the starters look good and they are attacking the rim. The game is close, but the Wallaces are dominating the boards!!:)

Ben still has not mastered the FT's yet:frusty: missed four already!

Bogut making silly fouls and Darko just got in as they found a license for him to get on the floor ....:eyebrows:

15. bball jay

bball jay Bench Warmer Forum Donor

carlos

somebody better check carlos arroyo. i've always said this guy is a scorer. he's hitting the j this will only open things up for his passes. second unit looking better than the starters so far.

i with the refs would let some of boguts fouls go. i want to see the guy play.

16. Griffin

Griffin First Round Draft Pick

:loco:

Second unit can't score, mostly because nobody can get open. Arroyo inspires no confidence in me as the "floor general." I wish we had another veteran backcourt player on our roster, preferably a vet PG. (Not to overlook Hunter...maybe he's all we need). Too many youngsters in our 2nd unit.

17. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

I'm feelin' a lot better about this bench... Arroyo looks like the Jazz version tonight... the guy can indeed shoot the rock...
    Shooter and setup man comin' off the bench... alright!

Jmax needs more time to show his worth.
    Darko... defense only... he's better at not giving up the "O" borads... but still leaving his man on occasion... great on interior "D" though

18. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Secong qtr/second string

Other than Arroyo and Dice, the second unit looks tentative. Delfino still looks lost. J-Max looked good on D, but not getting the ball at the right time on the O' side. :doh:

Need to see Acker and Johnson to see if they put some energy in this unit in the second half. (Pistons down 44-39 HT score)

19. bball jay

second unit was doing a good job scoring until jmax and dale davis came in. arroyo is doing a great job we all knew he could pass and distribute now he's showing that he can score too. what more does he need to do to inspire confidence?

jmax looks a bit nervous out there. maybe he will settle down after halftime.

20. bball jay

delfino is just simply too unselfish. flip needs to tell him to score and distribute. i think the second unit is still trying to find out thier roles within the unit. mcdyess knows his role is to score, arroyo's role is to set everyone up, darko's role is to hold down the paint. everybody else is just trying to feel themselves out.

i think i'd add darko to the list of second unit players that looked pretty good. darko altered lots of shots, rebounded well and scored a few buckets. he still made a couple of stupid fouls though.