Quotes from around the horn

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by G-man, Jan 31, 2006.

1. G-man

G-man Starter

Okay, here's how this one works, you see an interesting quote that says as much about the guy saying it as the one he's saying it about, stick it in here for the rest of us to marvel at.

You see a good quote that can taken totally out of context and then be used by yourself to buttress a bad argument? Stick that in here too.

Lets start with 4 floating today;

First we have the *cough*, smarter Paxson brother, GM of the BUlls laying out some tough team standards and secret swappin philosphy;

John Paxson ''We'd love to have a guy that could score 25 points a night, but they're hard to come by,'' Paxson said. ''Teams don't give up on them unless their whole philosophy changes. If there's a team like that out there that we can [deal with] and we don't have to mortgage everything we have, of course we'll try to do it.''

Next we have the wisdom from South Florida's #1 b-ball sage Ira;

Ira Winderman, (Sun-Sentinel) answering a question regarding how the Heat match up against Detroit or the Spurs come the playoffs. “The Spurs are showing signs of cracking, with Tim Duncan's foot problems and Manu Ginobili's ongoing injury lapses. As for Detroit, what are the odds the Pistons stay completely healthy for a third consecutive season? And until Flip Saunders proves he can win in the playoffs, I'd take Pat Riley in that coaching matchup every time.”

Okay, just a couple years ago the Maloof brothers out in Sac-Town were some of the NBA's goldenboys. Here you can almost sense the electricity and charisma of Joe Maloof as he dissects his decision to go after Ron Artest;

Joe Maloof on acquiring Ron Artest, "To be honest, things have been pretty flat lately in Sacramento. We didn't have any personality as a team. We traded Chris Webber and Vlade Divac left, so we didn't have 'The Flopper' and 'The Politician' anymore. We really lacked an identity. We just didn't have a personality."

Finally, the Chuckster buys out his own contract, he knows his playing days are flashing before his eyes and it's time to "hook-up" with a team that can take him to the promised land.

Chuck-it-up Atkins on why he bypassed signing with Cleveland to dish off to LeBron, ``I didn't want to just jump into a bad situation. I have a lot of respect for Cleveland but they have Damon Jones and Eric Snow, that would have put me back in the same situation.” (He was referring to playing time.)

Chucky didn't want to compete with Damon Jones? Say What? Or the 113 year old Eric Snow? Or could it be he just wants his shots? Once a 2 guard always a 2 guard?

2. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Sac town needed a personality so they got MCA. ouch! ROTFL.
    The Maloofs did say they are gamblers. I'm calling "snake eyes".

3. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

The last standing Van Gundy (Jeff) on his team's situation...

And this one is an absolute BEAUTY!