1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

Rammon Sessions

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by Stun, Jul 22, 2009.

1. Stun

Stun First Round Draft Pick

What about him?He's a free agent and I would love to get him.He's a true poing guard who can score,if needed and he would be a better pick in todays Pistons then Stuckey.I offer Stuckey+Maxiell for Sessions in sign and trade.

2. round

round All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion

sign and trade i can see, but sending stuckey off doesn't fix the log jam we have at the 2, instead of 2.5 starting sg's on the team we now have 2 still t many, figure out how to trade Rip for a pure (i hate that term) pg and now its more interesting, but in reality I think we need to try to find a way to get rip traded for a stud big man... and we have till the all star break or maybe even next summer to make that happen, and crazyier thinks might happen... Ben and Rip co exist and we have a good guard group already that is happy to try to win and put personal stats aside...

3. TWOTIMESRALPHI

TWOTIMESRALPHI Team Captain 3x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Sessions for RIP straight up, I'd to it in a heartbeat.

4. lovingj

lovingj First Round Draft Pick

Uhhh we need to grab this kid if we can get him. I would trade rather somehow trade Rip if its possible.

Ramon Sessions Going To Work

5. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

The beginning looks like a CV highlight film.

6. kcpistonfan

kcpistonfan First Round Draft Pick

I just don't see the strong desire some of you have to get rid of Stuckey. His stats are identical to Sessions. What do you gain from this trade?

7. MACKSnare519

MACKSnare519 First Round Draft Pick

[​IMG]

Grass is always greener on the other side...

8. MJO77

MJO77 First Round Draft Pick

He's made 9-41 on 3 pointers his entire career.

9. round

the other teams future star always looks better, seems we never see those 0/10 shooting and 5 TO nights on sportscenter.

I also think folks made to much out of Joe's comment that Stuckey is not a true point guard... i don't think of Biliups or Isiah as True point guards either, I am looking forward to seeing him play a year in a structured system that we didn't have last year.

With all the mess last year between AI RIP and Currey I doubt many young players could have thrived.

10. MACKSnare519

MACKSnare519 First Round Draft Pick

Yeah, everyone seemed to regress last season...

11. lovingj

lovingj First Round Draft Pick

Good point. I am not high on Stucky right now at the point but the system last year suck the worst and I think we all need a little perspective. I just could not stand to see Stucky dribble down the court, wait at the top of the arc until rips runs around and get open and then makes the pass for a catch and shoot. That was the gist of our offensive game and it sucked like all hell.

12. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

Which is [IMO] the main reason that Rip needs to be traded ASAP. Every time someone mentions that Joe "needlessly" signed BenGo when we already had The Griever, well...

Rip is a fine player and a great Piston. I appreciate everything that he's done during his time in Detroit. - Dude mos-def should have his gear hanging from the rafters one day.

...But the offensive sets that come along WITH Rip Hamilton have to go. Between Rip running through six screens before jacking up a 17 footer and Tay palming the ball out on the wing all day, it's a wonder that the buzzers on the Palace shot-clocks even work anymore!

13. roscoe36

Truth. Remember when Flip first got here, and Rip was pouting because he wasn't scoring, so the newspapers made a big deal out of how they brought back TWO CHEST, an LB play for Rip to run off screens for 15 seconds?

Teams figured out 4 seasons ago how to stop our offense. The better defensive teams in the crunch have got us to tap out. Rip & Tay for 36~38 means more of the same crud that doesn't work anymore.

14. round

I think we all agree whether Rip stays or goes the offense has to move away from what we have run since 03-04. I guess I for one want to see if those two can be part of the solution, unless a trade comes along that really improves us.

added to say.... If these two can move forward while being a link to our past success, I really think it speeds up our process of moving back to where we all want to be...

If those two are traded for more young players we now have nobody on the team that has any grasp of what a deep playoff run is, and we now have to take tons of baby steps before the team is ready to run, Another reason I am liking the idea of Big ben returning if he's willing to take that bench roll.

I am just not sure a trade to make a trade at this point is the smartest move.

I'm asuming that both these guys are going to be recharged and give there best to make the TEAM better, now if either of them are still crying then by all means they need to be traded yesterday.

15. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

We are in a really weird position right now with Stuck/ Rip/ and Gordon. Really can't believe that Joe intends for this to last into the season.

Why we would waste FA money on a backup SG evades me. Especially when we had a really solid backup SG in Afflalo and he hardly even got PT because of Rip.

Even though I like Rip's game, I am really still hoping that there is a trade in the works that will involve him. You have to solidify all your starting positions before you go for the luxury of doubling up at one of them.

16. 2Tough4You

2Tough4You Bench Warmer

Agreed. Hamilton worked well with Billups, because Chauncey worked at a slow deliberate pace. Stuckey, on the other hand, will never reach his full potential with Rip as a running mate because his "run around screens for 15 seconds" game stunts Stuckey's naturally aggressive game. Add in the fact that Hamilton is a below average three point shooter and teams can really clog down the lane on Stuck, leading to turnovers and poor possessions (as we saw a lot last year).

17. Blue

Blue First Round Draft Pick

I also wondered if some of Stuckey's problems last year stemmed from Curry's lack of offensive creativity. I personally can't see why Rip can't be a threat from the perimeter and get fed the ball from a drive and kick type of game. Curry just had the guys running the same sets that Flip Saunders ran, except with Stuckey or AI running them instead of Billups. I wonder if those sets are really tied to Rip or if he can be a threat in other ways if the sets involve each of the players differently.

18. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Perception is a funny thing, eh? I remember the past few seasons one of the ways that many expressed their discontent at the lack of our coaching success was by commenting on how those goshdarn successful plays with Rip running off a million screens had been abandoned. "Why don't we run that play more - LB used it to make Rip an elite scorer." Now that we don't want Rip anymore, apparently all we've been doing since 03-04 is run that same goshdarn play every single time.

19. roscoe36

That wasn't me CJ. We have a lot of diversity in opinion, I don't think we have the same people flip flopping, I think it's different people speaking up at different times.

20. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

That's probably accurate. It's just funny how two groups of people are discontent for different reasons that contradict each other.