Rammon Sessions

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by Stun, Jul 22, 2009.

1. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

It's not just funny, it's the history of civilization.

2. lovingj

lovingj First Round Draft Pick

This is a major reason that I am in favor of keeping Tayshaun and did not wince when Joe opted not to consider any trades for him (unless it was like Chris Bosh . . . UNLIKELY). Rip on the other hand, while I like what he has done for us, needs to part ways for us to move forward because unless Ben Gordon plays the point (not likely) I ultimately think those two are going to clash.

3. CloudWalker

CloudWalker Bench Warmer

Big Ups.

Big Ups to this.

4. CloudWalker

CloudWalker Bench Warmer

Unfortunately I think fans often fail to realize that it's the players that make plays on the floor.

No matter what the coach yells from the sideline if Rasheed wants to get pushed from the box to the 3pt line he will. If Tayshaun wants to hold the ball too long he will. If Rip refuses to make the extra pass he will. If Stuckey chooses to drive the lane with his head down he will.

These guys quit playing like the '04 Pistons sometime in '05....and somehow they managed to fool even Joe Dumars into thinking that there were extraneous reasons for this metamorphosis.

5. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

I'm pickin up what you're puttin' down CJ.

I can only speak for myself when I say that I am and have never been an advocate of the Two Chest play (since '04). In fact, when the camera would cut to Chauncey pounding his chest with two fingers extended while bringing the ball up the court, it got to a point where I would just take my TV remote and beat myself over the head. As rascoe pointed out, teams have been stopping all variations of that play for the last 4 years. It's not so much that the opposition knows what's coming (Every team knows every other teams plays. It's ALL about execution.). Teams have figured out ways to stop it and too much has to happen for that thing to work anymore.

Rip Hamilton is the best in the association at moving without the ball. It's good to roll with a few offensive sets each half to take advantage of that. But to emphasize an offense where one guy sprints through screens while the other four stand around picking their butts leads (has lead) to some serious stagnation.

I'm looking forward to some fresh ideas from Q.

6. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

It got to the point where I once saw Chauncey actually pick his butt to signal the play.

7. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

That was a signal for Rip to go back door.

8. 2Tough4You

2Tough4You Bench Warmer

Problem with Hamilton is he's not really a great catch and shoot perimeter shooter. He needs to be coming off of screens from 17 feet-in to be most effective. But I want to see the Pistons move away from that type of game. That's a big reason I'm praying that he gets traded (other than the fact that he is a whiny diva).

9. 2Tough4You

2Tough4You Bench Warmer

ROFL

:pound:

10. Robert Michael

Robert Michael First Round Draft Pick

Stick with Stuck. My opinion. So what he can't hit the three. Let him drive and dish to Ben Jordan. Hall of Fame backcourt in the making, right here, right now. Ben will guard the 1 position and Stuck the 2. no worries, bros. no worries. Stuckey will learn from watching Ben hit shot after shot. Just like he did from Billups.

I think we need to dump Prince and Rip now. Who cares if they won a couple rings and a gold medal. They are system players, and lord knows we got no system around here anymore.

And while we are at it, resigning Ben Wallace is genius move. Seeing as how nobody else plays a lick of D and wants to shoot it all the time, we could use a guy who plays tons of D and can't shoot at all. Arnie will whip him right in to shape.

I love this offseason. If only we can get rid of the dead weight in Prince and Rip we are all good.

11. MJO77

MJO77 First Round Draft Pick

Stuckey is an oversized PG and Gordon is an undersized SG.

I love it!

12. max

max All-Star

One of the greatest PG's ever was Magic Johnson who was 6'9". Case of a team going with what a player was best at rather than what he looked like. Later when he came out of retirement to play for part of a year at age 36 they had him at PF. Four years removed from the game he was too fat and slow to go back to PG so they used him at PF and he was not too bad at it.

13. NTC

NTC First Round Draft Pick

You're not comparing Stuckey to Magic I hope :p

14. max

max All-Star

Just an example of how maybe we get too caught up on physical attributes rather than what a player has skills for. If the shorter guy is better at SG and the taller is better at PG then so be it. I think the Lakers SG was something like 4" shorter than Magic.

With that said I do think Stuckey still can be great. Why not.

15. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

I think he can be great too. But reasons why not would include: lack of jump shooting consistency and range, wreckless driving resulting in getting blocked a lot in the paint, and lack of defensive skill/ effort.

16. NTC

NTC First Round Draft Pick

I agree with you 100%

Ben Gordon is a perfect example, he might only be 6'3, but he averaged 20ppg over 80 games last season, dude can play, who cares how tall he is?

17. Tha Locstah

Tha Locstah First Round Draft Pick 1x Fantasy Champion

Isiah was the very definition of a TRUE PG. Just because he could score doesn't mean he didn't facilitate the O. You gotta look at his assists too. He made that O go!

18. round

round All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion

He learned to be a True point guard... as he learned how to win and control the game, when he came into the league yes he made sweet assists as the man was magic with the ball, but he was a scorer....

Really I think you can look at Zeke as the small guard that changed his game to make him a winner and AI was the small guard that never got it.

When I think of True point guards I think of folks that assist first and score more as a last resort...

19. hitafreethrow

hitafreethrow Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Barkley is another prime example. Too slow and fat to play against any 2 or 3's, but he knew how to position his body, and sink those cheeks into the thighs of taller PF's, guy was an animal.

20. 2Tough4You

2Tough4You Bench Warmer

All of those things are correctable. 1 & 2 actually kinda go hand in hand.