Random Thoughts

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by max, Sep 20, 2006.

1. lazyberbs

lazyberbs First Round Draft Pick

You know, Max, I had the same opinion. They have until like the eve of the draft to back out. But on this forum, people were talking about Pitino saying that Amir could come back, so I thought I was wrong about it.

I made a mistake; I thought I was wrong about something :pound: !!
  2. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Hey Lazy, two wrongs don't make a right! ;)
  3. armygirl

armygirl Bench Warmer Forum Donor

LOL Roscoe, good one buddy. Hope that Laser blast last through the playoffs. The the Six Million Dollar Bionic Man, I think we can rebuild him.

I like you article Max. Give the young guys some burn, throw them out there and see what develops. It worked out ok for the Mavericks.
  4. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

those articles were pre-draft. but amir wasn't going to play for pitino because he didn't have the grades.
  5. max

max All-Star

Sorry I should have pointed out that the article was from before the draft. I was trying to find a resource explaining why Amir did not go to college.
  6. lazyberbs

lazyberbs First Round Draft Pick

Max. that's OK. I was caught up in the idea that this would be exactly what Amir needs. That four college career is so important when it comes to maturity as well as the playing experience.

I think of a number of players who made the jump that would have been better if they had had the chance at a college career first.
  7. max

max All-Star

Makes me wonder how many potential NBA stars were destroyed by making the leap. That does not apply to Amir because college was not an option for him.

I think Amir is ready to contribute. Played in 3 games and scored 18 points in one of them. Most striking thing about him was how calm he was in his 1st appearance. Very 1st shot was a windmill slam dunk. Shot 4-4 from the free throw line and that was suppsed to be one of his weaknesses.

But we will be ok if the team does opt to keep him in the dev league for one more year because unlike Darko, Amir was thrilled that he was even drafted.

I have a feeling that we will end up trading Delfino mid-season. Perhaps package Delfino with one of those 1st rounders for a decent backup PG. Then Amir can get his shot as Princes backup.
  8. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

I could see Jalen Rose in a Piston uni this year (buyout)
  9. Mad Hatter

Mad Hatter First Round Draft Pick

Now there you go again Merc....reading my mind! Tay, Rip and Rose would solve some depth issues at the 2/3. :cheers:
  10. MotownPride

MotownPride Starter 2x Fantasy Champion

In a defense that will probably routinely let people get to the basket, Jalen will feel right at home.
  11. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Nice call Mo. Rose would be an All-Star if pouting to the refs or looking exasperated for the camera was good defense.
  12. hack

hack First Round Draft Pick

OK, let's trade back for Darko and send him to college. Texas Tech might be a suitable program for him.

Re Jalen, I'm sure our coach won't let him -- oh, never mind. Anyways, I'm all for adding experienced talent, even if it's old and tainted. It's been a long time since Jalen played for a contract, so a 1-year deal... worth the risk, assuming we can move Delfino for a nice piece. Now, if we knew a few months ago we could get Jalen on that basis for free, would we have ditched Flip instead of Ben?