(real) Dumars & Frank to be fired report

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by blueadams, Apr 15, 2013.

1. linwood

linwood All-Star

I totally agree with this. I was never excited about Larry Frank, but I'm not sure there is anyone that could have made this team much better right now.

The talent with Drummond is better than it was last season, but they were also plagued with injuries. The talent on the team has to get better, and the talent that is worth keeping (Drummond, Monroe, and Knight) need to mature and gain experience. I think the coach did a decent job considering what he had to work with.

That being said, I'm not really disappointed that he is gone.
  2. webz

webz All-Star Snub Administrator 2x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Mixed feelings about the firing. I like Frank but he must have lost the players at some point because there is no excuse for getting blown out so many times. If the team had have trended up after the All-star break he likely would have kept his job. But we sucked and the team just hasn't done any better this season than last. Hopefully this means Gores is in Jaws mode and it puts the roster on notice - you could be next.
  3. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Collins- 98
    Gentry- 99-00
    Irvine- 01
    Carlisle- 02-03
    Brown- 04-05
    Saunders-06-08
    Curry- 09
    Kuester- 10
    Frank- 11-12

So, we are about to have our 10th coach in 17 years. Only Flip Saunders made it as long as the typical rookie contract.
  4. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Almost every NBA team is like that. The Pistons are doing what everybody does.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  5. pass99

pass99 All-Star Forum Donor

Depends. Perhaps the most important thing is to clamp down on the quitting and a tight duo (new GM picking his own coach) will send the right messages to the players. Regardless, a total house cleaning will have to be done. This team will go nowhere with Knight and until this perception from JD is realized, then who will do the right picking? Smart is gone and Trey won't be there for the pick. Select a big man and then go with Trades/FA for the rest of those large holes at 1-2-3. The bench is not that weak because most of them are experienced in starting (what ever that means).
  6. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

What about Pat Riley as the next coach? Talk about making a statement.
    roscoe36 likes this.
  7. raxrets

raxrets Team Captain

Pistons Fire Frank | THE OFFICIAL SITE OF THE DETROIT PISTONS

8. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

LeBron et al didn't put much thought into who the coach was when they were FA's because a coach is easy to replace. They were concerned with who the owner is because they're not leaving.
  9. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

:detective: After Mr. Davidson left, the team went to hell.
  10. pass99

pass99 All-Star Forum Donor

Never happen in a market like Michigan. Working class identity has been lost. Youthful teens soon learn that influence is never a stoic existence and soon yearn for the sycophants that the entertainment circus provides.

Gores now knows (and amazingly he expressed this publicly) that to be a big boy...means to spend money for talent. But before we get too far along, we should also recognize that this hasn't helped the Dan Gilbert types.

Why would Brown want to coach (again) in Cleveland or take on the insecurity of a Joe Dumars? He is owed 4 M over the next two years from LA just sitting on his ass? Good thing that Coaching salaries don't count against the cap.

Of course we may all wink about our knowledge base of predictability concerning Dumars and who is the most likely pick...Nate McMillan anyone?
    BillLaimbeer likes this.
  11. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

That would actually be really interesting if coaching did count toward the cap.
  12. J-Train

J-Train Team Captain Forum Donor

I didn't watch him a lot in Portland. I did watch him pretty regularly when he was in Seattle, and he did get a lot out of a very average team.
  13. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

McMillan did well in Portland too. The ownership was just too impatient with him.
  14. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Thank god the amount spent on halftime entertainment doesn't count against the cap.
    Slippy, The Low and TaS like this.
  15. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

Ive seen the pistons win 3 championships in my lifetime. Before Isiah got here ,I never thought I'd see one!!! I'm happy if they never win another...Sorry if you were born after 2004 but .."Oh well,thats life"..LOL
    kpaav likes this.