"real" reason Yi Jianlian is balking at playing in Milwaukee

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by mikhail1973, Aug 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. buddahfan

buddahfan Retired from Forum

I assume you eat eggs. If you don't think that there is blood in eggs you are sadly mistaken. Not cow blood but chicken blood if you are eating chicken eggs, which is what most eggs are that are sold in the U.S.

Ever eat a medium rare meat of anything with a soup entree. That is soup with most likely cow blood running through it, unless the meat was pig meat or some delicacy like rattle snake meat.

A picture of typical Milwaukee meat: Bratwurst. Yummy.
    [​IMG]

Bratwurst, Wisconsin's Soul Food

If he doesn't like Bratwurst he can always go for "Soul Food". There are bunch of Soul Food restaurants in the Milwaukee area. I guess it would be allright for him to take his date to a "Soul Food" restaurant!!

Soul Food Restaurants in Glendale, Wisconsin (WI) - InfoSpace Find It!

:hoops:

2. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

3. buddahfan

4. Slippy

no klingons either :confused:

5. max

max All-Star

I thought that was a waste of pick when they made it. Did they learn anything from Bogut?

6. buddahfan

But Michael Dorn dated Terry Farrell and she ain't no soul sister.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Pictures of Michael

Picture of Michael as Warf

[​IMG]

Picture of Terry Farrell

[​IMG]

STARTREK.COM%:%Biography

Terry Farrell Trivia - Terry Farrell Facts - Terry Farrell Notes

7. detteam

detteam All-Star

If that's the case...trust me...she's too high maintenance.

8. buddahfan

Amen!!!

9. Slippy

Considering she has to go in for chemo treatment, you may be right.

10. buddahfan

Sorry to hear that. Hope she gets better.

11. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

What kind of comment is this??? Please be a little more responsible before name-calling and insulting people who haven't even had their own comments represented in the media. Besides, Yi can try to live wherever he wants to, it doesn't make him a racist. If I lived in China, I would rather live in Shenzhen, Beijing or Shanghai than other cities that don't offer as much connection to American culture, but that doesn't mean I have no interest in Chinese culture or that I am "obviously" a racist. Your own comments are the ones that sound a little bigoted. Please don't jump the gun with comments like this on a forum that should be promoting cultural awareness and understanding.

12. buddahfan

When a person turn's down over $1 million dollars a year because he wants to live and socialize with people of his own race and a location can't give him that, that makes him/her a racist.

Yi Jianlian wants to live in a community with a large enough Chinese population. Why, so he has a big enough universe of people to meet his social and other needs without having to spend time with non-Chinese. This is a racist, plane and simple.

A person who voluntarily hides in community of one race, is just as much a racist as a person who forces people of a race to live in certain area, like a ghetto. There is absolutely no difference. They are both discriminating based upon race.

I realize that it is not politically correct to call anyone other than a pink skin a racist, but I don't follow those rules. I call em as I see him.

racist: Information from Answers.com

13. buddahfan

You are darn tooten I am bigoted. Bigoted against racists and people who want to shelter themselves in segregated communities, where outsiders are not welcome.

Its one thing to be stuck in a community and not be able to leave because of lack of money or other reasons. That is very unfortunate and way too many times tragic and not being racist. When a family can't manage to get out of a tough and dangerous community because of lack of funds or other reasons and one of those family members falls victim to gang warfare or similar things that is a terrible tragedy and a left over from too many years of racism in this country.

But when a person or family says that I am going to live only in a place where people of my race are in enough of a majority even though I can live freely in a diverse community of people from many different races and religions, that is being racist.

Should the law prevent them from making this choice? Of course not because reverse racism does not affect others as does the more talked about form racism which restricts by action or law the rights and freedoms of others.

People should live their lives integrated with all kinds of people of different races and religions and not cloistered away among only people of the same race or religion whether they are forced to do or do it by choice.

Why, because it cuts down on people being suspicious of those that are different and helps people of different races and religions to come to understand each other and get along better.

14. brofmfa

brofmfa Bench Warmer Forum Donor

You're d$$$ right sir, any one who had been there for a while can tell that most of the people there are instinctive racist.

15. brofmfa

brofmfa Bench Warmer Forum Donor

LMFBAO

16. detteam

detteam All-Star

I'm sorry to hear that. I hope everything goes well and pray for her full recovery.

17. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

2. The members at Pistonsforum.com reflect the fanbase of the Detroit Pistons. We come in all ages, all genders, all races, creeds, and colors, as well as from many countries around the world. Please respect our diversity and think before you post.

http://www.pistonsforum.com/view-forumguidelines.html

I think this is the last word on stereotyping Yi or the Chinese people. If you have issue with it, take it up with me by PM.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.