RealGM Trades

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by webz, Jun 15, 2006.

1. webz

webz All-Star Administrator 2x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I remember last season everyone using RealGM to throw trade ideas out there, some for fun, some for real. Either way it was fun to dream and kill time.
    So in light of the discussions going around at the moment I thought we should at least make sure they are legit. Use this thread to throw out your trades as confirmed by the useful website RealGM. http://www2.realgm.com/src_tradechecker/1/

I will begin with one. Discuss/criticise at will.

Trade ID: 3156518

Teams involved: Detroit, Chicago

Detroit Outgoing:
    PG - Chauncey Billups
    SG - Mo Evans
    PF - Jason Maxiell

Detroit Incoming:
    PG - Kirk Hinrich
    SF - Luol Deng
    PF - Othella Harrington

Chicago receives an all-star in Billups, and we receive Hinrich who can provide most of the things Billups did and can hopefully break out here in the D with a strong team. Billups is due to become a headache to keep after next season anyway.

Luol Deng is the perfect swingman backup for Tay. Nocioni seems to have kept the starting job for good now. Chicago is already fairly guard heavy, so maybe they could try Mo at SF backup. If not, he could be traded later in the season or waived.

Chicago should have minutes at the 4 to give Maxiell some decent minutes and could likely break out. He just doesn't look like fitting in here. The bulls would only give up OH who detroit could use as a backup big or injury insurance.

But the crux of the deal is the bulls get a vet all-star to run their show in Billups and we get a much needed backup 3 in deng and hinrich is more than adequate to start at PG.

And if later a Ben/Chandler deal goes down, the bulls have 2 all-stars and champions to start the season.
  2. himat

himat Bench Warmer

I for one don't like the idea of Chauncey being against the Pistons. Here's a trade that works:

Trade checker id: 3156575
  3. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

I don't see the motivation for the C's to do this deal... the hardest part of creating trades is putting yourself in the opposing GM's seat.
  4. himat

himat Bench Warmer

Like I said to someone else Boston has pulled off some bad moves lately. Maybe Boston moves Paul Pierce and maybe they trade West along with him. I doubt it though.
  5. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

@himat - It is hard to make trades, and that is why you have to look at the Pistons roster, and look at moving the most outstanding guys because that is who other GMs will look at. No one wants Mo Evans + Dale Davis for someone good.

@webz - I like your trade. Well reasoned.

Here is mine.

Sheed and Davis (assume inclusion of Orlando's first rounder) for Marion and Grant. Grant has a team option which once taken by Phoenix allows him to be traded. We clear some salary after Grant's contract expires and Marion makes us younger and faster. Also increases paint scoring.

Here is one more.

Dice and Delfino for Fisher, Pietrus and G-State's #1 pick (#9).
  6. max

max All-Star

One crazy Idea I had was a sign and trade sending Ben out to Phoenix for Raja Bell and a pick. Also trading Sheed to LA for Kman plus change.

We slash a lot of payroll and start Billups, Rip, Prince, Kman, Maxiel. With Bell, Dyess, Johnson, Delfino and Davis as the main bench guys.

This depends on Ben asking for too much and PHX willing to pay and deal. And Kman not extending with LA this summer putting him on the trading block.

Sounds nuts but what if Maxiel and Johnson actually can play?
  7. aurora

aurora Bench Warmer

I like this trade. I adore Sheed, but as I learn more about basketball it really bothers me that he won't post up regularly. As long as we have Sheed as our PF, we have to deal with that no reliable post player reality because of Ben's limitations. I like Marion's game, and he would be a good Piston - hard worker that gets the job done. A Goin' to Work kind of player.

I like this RealGM. I'm trying to come up with a point guard scenario right now. It seems like you have to give up a starter to get a starter, but how many teams really want to part with their starters?:confused:
  8. himat

himat Bench Warmer

I think our outstanding guys are here to stay though. I for one thinks its horrible to start hammering away when something doesn't go right, Thats the worst thing you can do:ohwell:.
  9. himat

himat Bench Warmer

We'd get owned by Miami if we pulled this one off. Absolutely owned. This team needs to get bigger not smaller.
  10. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

All I can ask is that we consider the other teams needs... is it to dump their best players for a position they don't need help at?

Phoenix thinks they can get to the finals with Amare back... they want to at least see if he can go.
  11. roscoe36

I just lost a long winded response to everyone. ARGH!
  12. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Man, I HATE when that happens. It hasn't happened here, but back in the day at detnews I've accidentally hit "forget it" instead of posting it on several occasions. :frusty:
  13. max

max All-Star

I read a rumor on Mlive that has been bothering me. Something about Dumars would try to s&t Ben to a West Coast team if he wanted too much. PHX seems to be a good fit. They can bring Thomas off the bench.

It has to be a team that Ben agrees to sign with and thats the kicker. I can't see him inking for 5 years with the Clipps.

Of course with Sign and Trades you are never going to get fair market value for a player. If we lose Ben then we may as well restructure our frontcourt and bring in/play some younger players and try to get a center with legit height. Thats one thing I have missed since the Zelly/Okur days. I would hate to see us go with Dyess, Sheed and Davis and whatever scrub vet we can pickup for the MLE. That has 50 wins and a 2nd round exit all over it.

If Maxiel is not going to play then trade the guy. He has 4 years of college and should be playing by his 2nd year. I also do not want to see Amir Johnson become the new HVC ( Human Victory Cigar ).
  14. roscoe36

Reading mlive. Eeek. That's DJBuck territory.
  15. max

max All-Star

The rumars are flying man. Most are far off but every so ofter one has some truth to it. We are not going to give Ben 70 mil over 5 years - right? Will some other team be willing to pay and deal?
  16. webz

webz All-Star Administrator 2x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I like the idea of getting marion, but i don't think phoenix will like the idea of getting bigger and slower. that won't fit into their up and down playing style. sheed might like becoming purely a 3pt shooter though. also we'd be forced to keep cato as our only true big man, or trade ben for a bigger guy, because i don't think ben and marion would work in the same frontcourt, unless it was in phoenix with nash.

maybe ben in a s'n't would fit better into phoenix's system also giving them the D they lack. nash would certainly also be upping ben's scoring to over 10ppg with lots of lobs and hand offs, not to mention a thousand offensive rebound opportunities per game. hmm, now i might have to go and work on a trade for that one. i'll be back...

this seems like a reasonable trade. personally i'd keep our guys. fisher will always be a laker to me, but keep the ideas coming. has anyone emailed piston management about this site yet micro? they'd be wise to check in with us from time to time methinks. :nod:
  17. himat

himat Bench Warmer

That draft pick is very attracting, but I want to see Delfino on our team one more season. If Flip doesn't play the guy:mad:, trade him. Delfino shows he can ball and if he gets consistant minutes next season he will perform very well for us I think. Dice is one of the lone guys off the bench that can perform and I want to see him get a ring here. That pick though is very intriguing.

If we're going to do blockbuster trades (which I think is the stupidest idea) then I'll see what I can pull off:).
  18. roscoe36

Fisher solves the backup PG problem. He's a capable replacement to start for a game or two if CB needs a rest.

Pietrus has a lot more experience than Delfino, and (in my mind) as much upside. I would like to give him a shot, as Delfino seems to be completely frustrated here.

Don't overlook getting Fisher. He can score as well as Delk and distribute better than Hunter/Delk combined. He's also younger than both.
  19. himat

himat Bench Warmer

Here is one
    Trade checker id: 3158785
  20. himat

himat Bench Warmer

Here's another:

Trade Checker ID: 3158841