Refs

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by kpaav, May 7, 2006.

1. kpaav

kpaav Team Captain Forum Donor

There is always a lot of talk and after reading the LEbron Star post I had to poise the question. Do people really think there are referendumns from the league saying to help certain teams? I know it sometimes looks like a call is unfovaorably, but the whole conspiracy thing is a little ludicrous. Unless there is a league push to help certain players/stars it wouldn't happen. As a ref, they have no gain by helping certain teams/players, thus I think "conspiracies" only arise when a home fan sees a questiinable call. Also you all know the Stones get away with a lot--especially Rip holding/pushing off/grabbing and many MANY moving screens.
  2. FreshPrince22

FreshPrince22 Bench Warmer

Depends. When I see Lebron taking tons of (obvious) steps enroute to his first post-season game winner and watching the refs turn their heads, it makes me wonder.
  3. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

I don`t really believe in all the conspiracy talk myself, I may joke about it, however; does the league have an agenda to "fix" a game for a certain outcome from the beginning? I don`t think so.

Like I mentioned on another post, IF the opportunity is there to determine an outcome of a game, perhaps the ref`s would, "make it happen" if you know what I mean!

BTW, replays showed Lebron stepped out of bounds on his drive to the hoop with 3.5 seconds left in OT in game 5. I didn`t see it myself, I was told by a friend.

If that`s true, there is a good example of my point.