1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

Refs

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by kpaav, May 7, 2006.

1. kpaav

kpaav Team Captain Forum Donor

There is always a lot of talk and after reading the LEbron Star post I had to poise the question. Do people really think there are referendumns from the league saying to help certain teams? I know it sometimes looks like a call is unfovaorably, but the whole conspiracy thing is a little ludicrous. Unless there is a league push to help certain players/stars it wouldn't happen. As a ref, they have no gain by helping certain teams/players, thus I think "conspiracies" only arise when a home fan sees a questiinable call. Also you all know the Stones get away with a lot--especially Rip holding/pushing off/grabbing and many MANY moving screens.

2. FreshPrince22

FreshPrince22 Bench Warmer

Depends. When I see Lebron taking tons of (obvious) steps enroute to his first post-season game winner and watching the refs turn their heads, it makes me wonder.

3. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

I don`t really believe in all the conspiracy talk myself, I may joke about it, however; does the league have an agenda to "fix" a game for a certain outcome from the beginning? I don`t think so.

Like I mentioned on another post, IF the opportunity is there to determine an outcome of a game, perhaps the ref`s would, "make it happen" if you know what I mean!

BTW, replays showed Lebron stepped out of bounds on his drive to the hoop with 3.5 seconds left in OT in game 5. I didn`t see it myself, I was told by a friend.

If that`s true, there is a good example of my point.