1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

Rip doesn't want to go to the bench

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by alexa032, Jan 10, 2009.

1. Winless Wonders

Winless Wonders Starter Forum Donor

Avery Johnson was saying this exact same thing last night. He was saying that Detroit is the 4th best team in the East right now, but things are coming together for them. He said Stuckey and AI are a match up nightmare and that come playoff time no team is going to want to see them.

2. anakin

anakin First Round Draft Pick

There were too many crucial games where if you contain CB, or if he was off, then the entire offense would stall.

3. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

That's Uncle Dre to you and Piston Lover:)

4. armygirl

armygirl Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Going over to Cunningham's on the corner of Livernois and 8 mile to grab some Faygo Rock & Rye and Tahitian treat pop.

5. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

yep Detroit, Michigan sports fan... In my closet and drawers, I have a MSU jersey, six university of Mich tshirts and one jacket, 2 red wing tshirts, a Piston and Red wing championship cap, a Sheed Jersey, four other Piston t shirts, one lion cap and Tiger cap, a lion t shirt, and two Tiger t shirts.....a wolverine and Piston watch and of course my Piston Forum t shirt:thumb[1]: and oh yeah an EMU degree....:lecturer:

6. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

That's not the quote that was reported on Pistons.com. I remember reading it and it was different. Regardless you skipped over every single point i made and chose to specifically address the one you can make an argument against. Nice.

7. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

Which you're using to speculate about what AI's feeling would be about coming of the bench. Again speculation.

What does that have to do with the point i just made? Sheed wasn't being traded for AI. And i still had the same feeling about these ridiculous trade proposals including him.

You were basically saying i should wait till the team loses before i discuss any of the issues. Picking the team to lose, and picking the team to always lose are two different things. And how satisfying would it be to pick the team to always win ?

Why do i have to respect him? He's a basketball player. In real life, they all cheat on their wives and do other things that i would consider not very moral. Because he's a great player doesn't mean i have to respect him or that he's earned something that i need to acknowledge.
    YVMV. I believe that you play both ends of the floor and that a game is 48 minutes long.
    I never said that. No one's opinion is more superior than someone else's. That's why it's an opinion.

It was actually linked to on DBB. If someone writes an article speculating about Rip supposedly laughing at Bynum, I hope you have the same disdain for the source of that article.

8. CloudWalker

CloudWalker Bench Warmer

My intent was to establish precedent that you are just as capable as the rest of us of applying a liberal dose of revisionist history to something you honestly feel you are being objective about.

9. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

So you admit that you could possibly be applying some level of revisionist history towards the Rip/AI situation?

Still out all the things i said you chose to address only that. I provided you with like 8 quotes of me praising AI (which took forever to find!), and the fact that i would be OK with AI/AA starting and Rip/Stuck coming off the bench. Kinda puts a hole in the argument that i want AI to get traded to Russia and that's all i care about.

10. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Putting my personal disdain for subjectivism aside, there are opinions that are superior to others (imo, haha).

This democracy of facts is counter intuitive. People can opine on whatever they like, that doesn't change reality.

11. armygirl

armygirl Bench Warmer Forum Donor

I will be forever thankful to the pistonforum gurus for the ignore list. LOL

12. CloudWalker

CloudWalker Bench Warmer

Therefore one could logically ascertain that out of all of your statements, that was the only one which I felt was not warranted with a factual account of the situation.

I don't have a problem with how you feel. Out of that entire post it was only your misinterpretation of that singular event that I took issue with.

13. professor

professor Bench Warmer Forum Donor

thanks roscoe. this is just obviously true. and it drives me crazy when people try to claim that all opinions are equally valid.

a child can have the opinion that the sun comes up out of the horizon in the east in the morning, goes up and over our heads during the day, and then descends in the west. it will be a good explanation for his accurate perceptions, given his limited knowledge of proven facts. But it doesn't make his opinion as valid as that of another child (or adult, or astronomer) who understands not only how the earth revolves around the sun, but also why it is that it appears to us to be the other way around.

14. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

Fair enough. And i have to remind myself to make sure i log in before i look at posts; i don't want to read another comment that's inadvertently directed at me again.
    Someone could have a more well-informed opinion, or a more well-rounded opinion, or just plain smarter opinion, etc. My point was that everybody is entitled to an opinion therefore everyone' opinion is valid. Maybe i phrased it incorrectly.

15. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Actually, to be even more accurate, the Sun, the Earth, and the other 7 planets, plus all Pluto like objects, etc. orbit the center of mass of the solar system, which lies a little outside of the radius of the Sun. This creates the wobble.

Think of Rip as the Sun. He thinks he's the center of the Pistons solar system, when actually he is orbiting something too. Something that is invisible, nearby, and powerful.

16. adonis

adonis First Round Draft Pick

what if Rip is promised a starting line up by curry and Joe. Then everything said in this thread is worthless.

17. NYPistonFan729

NYPistonFan729 Bench Warmer Forum Donor

I think Rip does not have the type of game that is suited to come off the bench. AI is better suited to come off the bench. Rip needs picks and screens, etc. to get most of his shots...AI does not. Rip probably should not have said anything when asked. If the coach and Dumars says he is coming off the bench, he has to do so. Hopefully AI will be coming off bench...i think it will be better for the team.

18. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Yup. lol

We'll probably know Tuesday. That is when Rip is due to return.

From a groin injury that no one knows how it happened...

19. kpaav

kpaav Team Captain Forum Donor

Do you think the injury is fabricated? That would add some intrigue to the situation. Who would be the perpetrator? RIP hoping his absence reminded people how important he was for the team or Joe D trying to slowly faze his game out of D-town.

20. NYPistonFan729

NYPistonFan729 Bench Warmer Forum Donor

What about me? Count me in. I have never felt so left out in my life. I may have only been a pistons fan for the past 10 years or so, but I go back to reed, bradley, debusschere, barnett, and frazier.