Rip Hamilton to come off the bench

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by Smoooth, Jan 20, 2009.

1. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Yeah, it seems like one of those things he didn't have to say. Why put yourself in a position to have to contradict what you've said when all he had to say was "this is who's starting tomorrow"?
  2. 2Tough4You

2Tough4You Bench Warmer

AA better not be a DNP. The guy hustles his ass off and can defend the shooting guard and small forward positions pretty well in most cases..... that corner three has also become a weapon.
  3. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

I found the link about the team meeting/Rip stuff;

It's from David Alridge. No direct quotes from players.

Time may not be on Schwartz's side | Freep.com | Detroit Free Press

4. raxrets

raxrets Team Captain

so loyalty to corporation is more important than ( expected) results... :mmph:

sry, but this quote from Aldridge sound like loyalty is rewarded with starter spot and playing from bench is a sort of punishment....oh well:drama:
  5. 2Tough4You

2Tough4You Bench Warmer

It's only a "crime" to someone who is only an AI "fan" and not a Piston fan.... you do what's best for the team period.

Honestly, I think AI's game is more conducive to coming off the bench and being that scoring machine on the second unit, BUT..... AI has played better with Stuckey than Rip has imo. That probably heavily weighed into this decision.
  6. AI IS GOD

AI IS GOD Second Round Draft Pick

Well, I am a Pistons fan.. And my love for the Pistons is thru AI :)
  7. theWORM

theWORM First Round Draft Pick

Manu and his role with SA is a complete anomaly. He is the go to guy more than anyone now on that team. I am not sure there are any comparisons one can make to this situation in the modern era.

Rip on the other hand, well we all know his background. Bear in mind he has LOST his starting spot to a guy who may never play a full season with the team, and does not even have a contract beyond this season.

I would expect DA's comments have some credibility. No loyalty to Rip indeed. I could be wrong. AI may not be here next season, and Rip may resume his starting role beside Stuckey. But I would not bet on it.

I agree. It is more likely that AI will sign next year than Rip NOT getting traded. Joe D can then find a replacement for AI at the 2 spot (someone young to pair with Stuckey for the long haul), and eventually move AI into the sixth man role in a season or two.
  8. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Afflalo. Perfect backup and more.
  9. Jewelz0376

Jewelz0376 First Round Draft Pick

I'm glad this decision was made...and I hope Rip really is cool with this and has a good attitude about it because I like having a player as good as him on the bench as our 6th man.

I see no problem if AI doesn't resign with the Pistons in bring Rip back to the lineup..in the teams eyes its best for the team for him to come off the bench now and next year they might think its best for him to start again...there shouldnt be a problem..
  10. The Palace Artest

The Palace Artest First Round Draft Pick

You know what, I'm still pissed.

We had to lose to 5 more teams for Curry to find out that he is a worthless HC. 3 of those 5 were awful. We're now guaranteed to be no higher than a 4 seed. And yes, a three seed would have put us in GREAT shape.

I guess I can't be placated at the moment. SB was TOTALLY UNNECESSARY to begin with. He practically threw away over 1/5 of the season because of his tard lineups.
  11. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

That's money.
  12. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

The one thing that's interesting that i didn't realize when i first read that is this;

So Joe is involved. How much ?
  13. detteam

detteam All-Star

Whether AI or Rip, I'm glad a decision was made. But I'm still curious if it was Curry's decision or by rumored team vote.

JMO...benching Rip seems like applying a band-aid to an axe wound. Lots of questions remain.
  14. round

round All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion

agreed as long as we get a serious post scoring threat to compliment stuckey and prince... AA will give a nice balance to the team, the more I watch him the more I am impressed and the more that he can atleast be part of a 3 guard rotation if not the starter.
  15. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

devil's advocate...at least it showed Rip and AI that SB doesn't work and that one of them would HAVE to come off the bench to benefit the team.
  16. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Just a bunch of BS. The biggest travesty just happened and most of y'all ain't even catch it. AA -OUT (of the rotation) and Will Bynum IN, the rotation. Eff a lineup shift we need a muthaeffin TRADE!!!!! The roster imbalance over the course of the season is going to do us in, we just drilled a 2nd hole in the boat to drain out the water created from the 1st hole (some straight up 3 Stooges isht Joe, Tom Wilson and Curry :stooges:)
  17. 2Tough4You

2Tough4You Bench Warmer

That makes absolutely no sense.... but then again it is Curry we're talking about here.

Afflalo has been a really nice player for us this year, contributing on both ends of the court.
  18. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Go look at the boxscore over the last 10 games, look at AA's MPG for the 1st 5 then the next 5. Look, at the SG/SF spots there are 96 available minutes:
    AI= 36 mpg (minimum)
    Rip= 30 mpg (minimum)
    Tay= 30 mpg

Add it up, that's 96 minutes, Curry has now said Bynum is THE backup PG, so none of Tay's mins or AI's mins will be at PG, which means ARRON AFFLALO IS OUT OF THE ROTATION!!!!!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
  19. Smoooth

Smoooth First Round Draft Pick

Good job rip, I hope you can stick to your words.

Richard Hamilton will come off bench for Pistons | Freep.com | Detroit Free Press
  20. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

I hope all this happy go lucky talk is all on the surface. Hopefully AI and Rip will play with chips on their shoulders. I want Rip to come in trying to prove that AI is really an overpaid overhyped scrub that needs to be shipped out on the first thing smoking, I then hope AI see's what Rip is trying to do and then tries to do it to Rip, it's just the type of FIRE that this team needs. Oh yeah BTW

AARON AFFLALO IS NOW OUT OF THE ROTATION!!!!!!