Rip Hamilton to come off the bench

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by Smoooth, Jan 20, 2009.

1. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

[____________________]

That is the difference in height between JD and RS. Did they measure those guys without shoes back in the day? If so, then the difference is only
    [_________]

Adjusting for the increase in size of guards across the NBA, it should be further adjusted to
    [___]

2. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Your sig from Skeets is pure epic win.

3. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Okay, let's have a team meeting at your house tomorrow night.

4. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Man, who would have thought at the beginning of the year that Billups would be gone, that we'd have AI, that Rip would get benched, that Stuckey would put up two 40 point games and would be untouchable at the PG spot, and that Amir would be named a starter (now aparantly for the rest of the year no matter what)? Furthermore, who predicted that MC would be so wishy washy?

When you step back and think about it, this has been a lot of shake-ups and surprises. We finally got some soap opera drama in the land of zoloft.

5. Lionsloser07

Lionsloser07 Second Round Draft Pick

I can not believe they would consider putting Rip on the bench. He is just such a great asset to the Pistons. Your right, TaShawn, this has been an insane year.

6. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Didn't we want a coach that would experiment like the exalted Popovich for the regular season so that he knew what would work for the postseason run? We are kind of whiny sometimes, huh?

7. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

It wasn't the experimentation that was frustrating, it was locking in on a bad result that did it. Curry became a creepy stalker of SB after it tried breaking up with him multiple times. Finally, a restraining order was entered by Joe D.

8. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I'm sorry, can you repeat that? Your post was drowned out by this really annoying whiny noise. :stirthepot: :MusicBigGrin:

9. Latinoking90

Latinoking90 Bench Warmer

This is according to Pistons.com's poll.

[​IMG]

LOL @ Let's try it - for now. Are they expecting AI to fail????

:stirthepot:

10. 2Tough4You

2Tough4You Bench Warmer

I think calling Sheed an "elite" big at this point is a bit of a stretch... he is shooting just 41% on the year (absolutely horrible for a powerfoward/center) and he hasn't been rebounding all that great either.

Sheed is solid, and he is capable of going off for 25+ points every couple of weeks... but he is far from being a consistent force on offense. His defense is still quite good though, particularly his post defense. Sheed has always been an underrated defender and it's a crime that he's never been on the all NBA defense team in his career.

11. 2Tough4You

2Tough4You Bench Warmer

:pound: How is, "Big Boost for the Bench" really any different than "Now we're talking"?

Who the hell makes these polls?

12. theWORM

theWORM First Round Draft Pick

Is it just me or is Sheed's resemblence to Uncle Cliffy at this similar stage of their careers freaky? Both super superior post and pick n roll defenders, in love with their 3 point shooting, can't rebound to save their stash, and on that note, a penchant for smoking the contents therein.

All we need to do now is tank the season, win the lottery, select the next Grant Hill, and trade him for the next Ben Wallace before his foot gives out. While we are at it, we may as well re-hire Ricky C when Cuban fires him since everyone is so down on Michael "small balls" Curry.

Maybe there is hope for this season after all?

13. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I'm pretty sure it is theeTFD that has a copyright on zany polls that make no sense.

14. Syg

Syg First Round Draft Pick

Im glad Curry grew a pair of balls and sent Rip to the bench. Its the same thing that Poppovich did with Ginobili, and you dont see him complaining. In fact, he is always in the talk for the all-star game. Sometimes you have so much power in one line-up that you have to spread the amount of skill throughout the 48 minutes, otherwise all your stars get tired at the same moment and they have no legs for the last seconds of the game.

To spread your resources I think is the best idea ever. And that's what makes the Spurs still one of the elite teams even if they're aging.

Rip should take it like something else in his career, nor bad or good, just another step. If he is a team player, everything is alright. If he is not and he gets mad, we might as well trade him.

15. alexa032

alexa032 Team Captain

Little late to the party and I haven't read the whole thread yet, but I must say I like this move, and I'm happy this decision's finally been made.

16. jzchen

jzchen Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Espn had a poll bout who's the best starting backcourt for the Pistons. So far AI & Rip has better percentage, followed by Stuck & Rip. Surprisingly, the lowest is our current starting backcourt now of Stuck & AI.

Michigan wants Stuck & Rip to start.

17. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

In yesterday's game, both AI and Rip were 3-9. Rip only got about 20 minutes, but his attempts were the same as AI's.

So, the theory is that Rip will get more shots in less time off the bench. That actually seems like a good role for a "volume shooter" like AI.

Even though I would have voted to bring AI off the bench, I'm just glad a decision was made one way or the other. I think they are both good options. Also, I really like Will Bynum's game and I think that if he can consistently get 5+ mpg, it will make a difference and he'll improve.

18. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

I agree. i think collectively, the team relaxed after the lineup was settled.

Sheed still doesn't look like he is giving a full effort, but if we can post some more double digit victories, I am ok with him coasting a little. We don't need him (or anyone) at their best until April and May.

19. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

The only remnant of the switch right now seems to be Sheed. And the power to turn the switch on and off lies solely with the referees.

Too bad there is a technical limit that keeps the incredible hulk at bay.

20. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Yeah, Tay is loving this hole idea of being "The Man", and Rip is so jealous and hateful of Allen " 1st U-took-away-my-Chauncey, Now-my-starting-spot" Iverson he's going all-out trying to prove AI ain't isht, it's really fun to watch.

Isn't funny how we used to be so mad about players being given the starting job, and not competing for the spot, then we finally get a legit competition for the SG spot and many of US wanted to give it to the lesser talent........EYE-ROW-KNEE!!!!