Rodney Stuckey: Attitude Adjustment

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by Slippy, Feb 19, 2012.

1. The Panda

The Panda All-Star Forum Donor

Highly unlikely.

He is a pure scorer who can't defend. In any other team (if he was better) he would be a decent 6th man.

I like the improvement, and I couldn't call a ceiling. But I'd be happy if he just played a consistent 18/8 game in 36.
  2. linwood

linwood All-Star

I went to NYC last week, and with all the great cuisine available, I ended up making a special trip to White Castle. I ate 4 cheeseburgers and a sack of clams. You just can't get that in Seattle.
    Nemo likes this.
  3. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I agree, although I don't think he'll get 8 assists as a SG. Perhaps a 15/5/5 line would be nice.
  4. Nemo

Nemo The Great Predictor Forum Donor

They don't sell the fresh ones here in Montana........I gotta buy em frozen......
    Seattle has great restaurants.........but sometimes ya just gotta have a slider.
  5. linwood

linwood All-Star

True. How are the frozen ones? I've never bought them because I was afraid they wouldn't be any good. Or, maybe I was afraid they would be excellent, and I would fill my freezer up with White Castle!
  6. linwood

linwood All-Star

Back to the topic.

I'm glad to hear that Rodney is addressing his problems, and seems to be getting back on track. Sometimes it's easy to forget that at the end of the day, were all human... whether you make 8.5 million dollars a year to play basketball, or are just some casual internet fan hording White Castles in your freezer, we all have to deal with our problems.
  7. Mogilny

Mogilny All-Star Forum Donor

If he keeps up the play he's been playing since the all-star break he's already a top 30 player, close to a top 20. However, it's alot different averaging 22/5 during a season and averaging 22/5 during the best streak of 25 games of a season. I really like the improvements he's done and since the all-star break he's by far been best player on the team imo.
  8. Nemo

Frozen ones are about 70% as good as the fresh. I buy em twice a year......
  9. Laimbrane

Laimbrane All-Star Forum Donor

Hoopdata - NBA Advanced Player Stats

If we look at Stuckey as a SG (hoopdata has him as a point guard), he has the 5th highest PER among starting SGs (Wade,Ginobli,Bryant,Harden). He's not top-20 yet, but he's top 50.
  10. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

If you're like me, you've fantasized about opening a shiny new White Castle right smack dab in the middle of all of the best bars in downtown Seattle (in my case, Lower Downtown - Denver).

I envision hungry mobs of drunk patrons lining my pockets with tons of cash while I provide sliders to an ever demanding market. I've never worked in the food-service industry but I think that owning a White Castle in an area full of drunk, hungry East Coast/Midwest transplants would be a solid business plan.
  11. linwood

linwood All-Star

I've definitely thought about that! Seattle is full of Michigan ex-pats that would probably drag their friends to the White Castle. Once you've knocked back 6 or 8 burgers after drinking all night, you're hooked!

White Castle must not allow franchises on the West Coast... maybe they don't have distribution capability. Otherwise, this place should be full of Castles; we can't be the first to have thought of the profit potential.
  12. BallDon'tLie

White Castles are a family tradition that began with my parents generation.
    I remember at many a family Thanksgiving and/or Christmas dinner, my dad and uncle used to try and out-do each regarding working sliders into the holiday meal. My uncle stuffed a Turkey with 'em one year and there is always an attractively presented arragement of them as appetizers or hors d'oevres.

When I moved out west many years ago, my uncle actually contacted the White Castle coorporate office regarding franchise opportunities out west. I can't remember their reasoning but they shut him down.
  13. J-Train

J-Train Team Captain Forum Donor

I do miss White Castle, but here in Seattle, we have a pretty nice substitute in a place called "Dick's Burgers". The Dick's in Wallingford is packed with drunks on Friday and Saturday night after the bars close, a lot of them students from the University of Washington. Every time I have a friend come into town, we usually close down some bar, and then go to Dick's. This allows me to point the the crowd of drunken burger munchers and say to my friend, "Girls in this town love getting drunk and eating dicks.", which always makes me laugh.
  14. Nemo

White Castle used to service major metropolitan areas. Including ..........................

Chicago, Cincinnati, Columbus, Detroit, Indianapolis, Louisville, Nashville, Minneapolis, New Jersey, New York, and St. Louis...........It said so on the old burger boxes..........

Back then........It was all about the burgers.........just onions and pickles.........
    Now, they sell many other items.........even a double white castle with cheese.
    They are the oldest hamburger chain in America.....using their restroom was very dangerous.......:eek:

I still think they don't have any west of the Mississippi.........except in your grocer's freezer....
  15. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Pretty cool that they star in a movie.

[​IMG]
  16. Nemo

When I eat them in the restaurant, I keep em in the bag.......keeps em stinky steamy and hot. :)
  17. BallDon'tLie

Can someone move all of these posts to a newly created White Castle thread?
    I realy have a lot to say on this subject and it doesn't have much to do with the mental stabillity of Jogging Rod Stuckey.

...other than the fact that if Rodney downed a 'crave case' prior to every game, defenders would mos-def give him more space.
  18. 2Tough4You

2Tough4You Bench Warmer

LOL... Stuckey's numbers since the all star break are borderline top 5 SG material. If what he's done this year only indicates him being a "decent" 6th man, then I can tell you that you and I do not see and evaluate basketball players in the same way.

The "can't defend" part is wrong too. You must be thinking of Ben Gordon.
  19. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Stuckey's defense is average, at best. His outside shooting still needs a lot of work.

With that said, Stuckey has been one of the biggest and best surprises of the season for me. With the move to the SG, he has shown this year that he could truly be a legit starter on a contending team. We haven't give Dumars much credit in recent years (deservedly so), but he saw things in Stuckey that most Piston fans did not. Player development doesn't happen at the same rate for all players. If Rodney continues to work on the defense and the shooting, he may be an All-Star in a year or two. At the very least, I expect him to get the invite to the Rookie-Sophomore All-Star Game next season.
  20. Mogilny

Mogilny All-Star Forum Donor

I agree Stuckey has been one of the biggest and best surprises of the year. He doesn't need to turn into a Ray Allen like shooter, he just needed to improve his shooting enough to keep the defenders honest and he's done so. With him at the 2 I'm not even getting annoyed anymore that he's not dishing out the ball as he attacks the rim, instead I'm enjoying watching him get to the line time after time. If he keeps this up we have the SG and C position locked up for the future and a youngster at PG.