Rodney Stuckey is not happy

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by 2Tough4You, Jan 10, 2010.

1. 2Tough4You

2Tough4You Bench Warmer

PISTONS: Stuckey's Vow

Interesting. I find it hard to believe that Stuckey is really healthy enough to be playing by Monday, but I do love that he is speaking out and showing some vocal leadership (having already shown leadership by playing through numerous injuries and pain). He has made some strides there. Lets see how the team responds.
  2. MJO77

MJO77 First Round Draft Pick

I love it. This is exactly what I want to see out of him. Finally takin charge.
    Get'em Stuck~
  3. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Just glad to hear he is healthy enough to make the statement.
  4. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

He's actually been pretty active in the charge department.
  5. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

I found this in there too.

6. max

max All-Star

:pound:

That's probably more like how it will actually go.
  7. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

Ernie... Ernie... Ernie... you're a bad boy :heh:
  8. monrams99

monrams99 First Round Draft Pick

hey stuck now your pointing fingers anyway thats good show us more attitude...and lets see how it unfolds...
  9. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Quote:
    Originally Posted by TaShawn [​IMG]

And my answer:

Good for Stuckey, glad to see him decide that either the Pistons move forward or he moves on, folks pay attention to this, it very well may be the line drawn in the sand between the old and the new....an ugly-yet neccessary step in the process.
  10. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

If he gets down the court fast enough, there won't be anybody to charge into.
  11. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Running sounds great. But you better not start Ben Wallace. Ben Wallace never has been able to run back and forth that much. He is not built for it.

Wilcox has a bad back. Kwame and fast breaks don't go together at all. CV is still recovering from PF.

Activate Summers for your power forward. Play JMAX at center. Have JJ start at small forward. Stuckey and Daye in the backcourt. Er, maybe Bynum, since Stuckey is actually recovering from a knee injury, despite his big words. Anyway, if Stuckey can really run, Summers, JJ, Daye, and JMAX are the guys that can run with him.

Rip can run fast, but does not do fast breaks worth a darn. Tay has a bad back and a bad knee now. No way he is joining this run-fest.

Ben Gordon got injured again. Ain't heard how bad that is.

Atkins can run, but his tendency to walk that ball up is pretty strong. Besides, in a running game, Atkins is worthless on defense since he can't match up with anyone. (typical case in the halfcourt game too.)

In sum, if Bynum is healthy, we got 6 guys, maybe (assuming Stuckey is really well enough to run), and possibly a 7th in Gordon (again don't know his status) who can run. Thin.

Of a 14 man roster, I count Tay, Rip, Ben Wallace, Atkins, Wilcox, CV, most likely Gordon, maybe Stuckey, maybe Bynum, and Kwame as guys I would either never want to see run a fast break or are not healthy right now to run them.

Leaving 4 guys, the three rooks, and JMAX, for running fast breaks. (and JMAX won't last long running either really)

Sounds great running, but the practicality is that we are not ready to run at the moment.
  12. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

If Stuck can put his money where his mouth is, kudos to him. One thought - not every player on the court needs to be able to run in order to have a running offense, not so?
  13. pass99

pass99 All-Star Forum Donor

Here we go again. More language corruption.

It's not in him and thus the secondary role of the 2 guard. There are physical and mental mine traps that he needs to work around. He has no mentor. Let me explain: many are whole born. It is a natural process and a progression against the system. It can easily be seen as a rally point...a sort of bounce that collects a type of florance magnets. The push (of individual elevation) against the pull of group comprehension (toward the burrow) and the sensitivity of tacit reactions. A learning process of parts begins.

Like CB (and maybe Stuckey), if you are not born whole...one can gain speculations.
  14. S.J.

S.J. All-Star Forum Donor

Me neither.
  15. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Ben Wallace wouldn't actually have to run much. Just play defense and then cherry pick on the defensive end while the other guys run the break.

Running game with a free safety.
  16. BB4L11

BB4L11 First Round Draft Pick

We suck either way!
  17. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

The one thing this team needs is a players only meeting. Unfortunately Rip's too important for such things, Tay points too much to be a good public speaker, and Ben prefers to lead by example. It's great that Stuckey is trying to take a leadership role, but it's pretty sad that none of the other vets have.
  18. pgrnpacer

pgrnpacer First Round Draft Pick

Unfortunately.....I am with Lee on this one (and not just because my first name is Lee). I thought the exact same as Lee when I read this over breakfast this morning.

My actual first thought about Rodney's comment though was, "Great! Maybe Q will finally start Rod at the 2 and put Hamilton on the bench because Hamilton is a halfcourt set guy....not a run n gun guy." - Of course we all know that won't happen though. Even if we wanted to head a new direction and trade Rip we would have to get his numbers up enough to draw interest from other teams.

That article makes me think of the scene in Total Recall where the hideous woman says, "GET READY FOR A SUUURPRIIIIIISE!!!!" :granade::granade:and blows herself up. I think Kuester wants to start benching people but just can't bring himself to do it.:loser:

This game against the Bulls will be even more painful than the past 12 for the first half. Then we will get to see Daye and JJ tear it up in the second half. Our vets want it....but don't want to work for it. Our rookies and new guys are hungry for it but on the bench. I think this is the perfect time to get rid of Hamilton and Prince and create a new identity with Gordon, Vill, JJ, Daye, Stuck, and an unidentified new PG (if Gordon doesn't end up filling the role). Gordon should be point so that he can distribute when he is cold shooting, take threes when he is neglected, and lob oops to Wilcox.
  19. raxrets

raxrets Team Captain

If you Stuckey are so good at running, why not to start with running career?

Better successful runner than failed PG in NBA, IMHO. :MusicBigGrin:
  20. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

If there was an Olympic event where the runners had to run through the hurdles while dribbling a basketball, he would be one of the favorites.