rodney stuckey

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by doublead, Aug 26, 2007.

1. max

max All-Star

Lee- Do you ever worry about team chemistry and what adding to many young players too soon can do to a team? Young teams historically have losing records because they make too many mistakes.

Best case scenerio we are looking at with young players PT is getting Stucky and Johnson regular mins. Flip would impress the heck out me if he could at least do that.
  2. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

I worry a whole lot about what it does to team chemistry when a vet, who can't play the game, is given minutes. Guys like Mohammed who causes others around him to have to cover for him, and Flip Murray who continually misses his defensive rotations, kill team morale. As far as young players, if they can play, most of the team cheers that player on. The vet who is being sat in favor of the young player might not like it, but the rest of the team appreciates having more talent on the floor with them.
  3. max

max All-Star

Mohamed did win a championship while playing around 20 MPG. Was his dissapointing 1st season with the Pistons all his fault? Yes there were some chemistry issues but could the other Pistons bear some of the responsibility? When you have a new teammate its productive to try and work him in rather than doing your own thing and counting on him to catch on. Many times last year the other starters would change plays on the fly and assume Mohamed would catch on. Most times he did not and they kept doing it.

Rookies are a different story. Someone like Samb is going to be so raw that I don't know.
  4. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Max, you got something right-Mohammed never caught on-ever. A lot is made of the fact that Mohammed was part of a Championship, but you must remember that the next season he fell out of the rotation for SA by the end of the season. Back to him not catching on-that was an excuse. Remember, I break down film for a hobby. There is no basketball player who has any excuse for the many times Mohammed decided to stay home, and let someone just lay the ball in uncontested. Protesting that the moment called for him to stay home is plain silly. If a defensive play breaks down, you got to recognize it and adlib a bit. Mohammed, as far as I am concerned, just has lazy feet and finds excuses not to move.
  5. max

max All-Star

I certainly do not want to be in the position of defending Mohamed. Unlike Murry I do agree that Nazir did not bring much to the table last season. But I do remain open to the fact that it may not have entirely been his fault.

Getting back to PT time for rookies or players on rookie contracts. It is a fine line between developing them, having the patience to let them make mistakes and risking them overloading the team chemistry. If you are not winning then you are not generating enough revenue or enough interest to retain all these guys and you risk becoming a farm system for the rest of the league to pick from.
  6. pass99

pass99 All-Star Forum Donor

Your first paragraph might be summed up in one word: ostracized.

Your second paragraph, concerning the question of not knowing, might end up in the D-League (and he can count himself lucky for this good stroke of luck).
  7. max

max All-Star

It makes a huge difference if you know what play is being run. In Lee's analysis describing Mohamed as slow footed and not getting there in time. If he thinks one play is being run and the Sheed or whoever changes it up and doesn't tell him about it then its going to be that much harder.
  8. pass99

I agree.

Let this group realize, it was not Murray or Naz that choked during the playoffs. The marginals are easy fodder. Transferring your hopes (unrealistically) to another form (of untested youngsters) is another form of personalized ( "feel better about my choices") delusional transferences.
  9. buddahfan

buddahfan Retired from Forum

The Doctor is in.

[​IMG]

PEP Web - Anna Freud's Adult Psychoanalytic Technique: A Defence Of Classical Analysis

My use of Anna Freud in relationship to the subject of "transference" has nothing to do any presumption of gender of forum member Pass99, but rather because she was a leading psychoanalyst in her own right.

:hoops:
  10. pass99

11. mikhail1973

mikhail1973 All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion

Kiev - Farmington Hills, MI - Santa Clara, CA
    Stuckey named to Dime Magazine preseason all-rookie team starting 5

FOX Sports on MSN - NBA - Durant headlines preseason all-rookie team
  12. buddahfan

Some interesting rookies not included.

Baby Shaq
    Nick Young

My now 2nd favorite Laker

Javaris - An immense talent who will greatly benefit by playing with Kobe.

He must drinking the cool aid. The Clippers without Livingston and Brand and Cassell ready for the rocking chair will definitely be worse than the T-Wolves.

Then their is Portland without Oden and Randolph gone.

There are probably a few others that the T-Wolves will be better than.

That writer (It is probably Stein, because the article is from Dime Magazine) has to stay off the cool aid.

13. mikhail1973

Stuckey the next Baron Davis?
    MLive.com: Everything Michigan

14. buddahfan

I think Hot Rod is a better field goal and free throw shooter than Davis and will also get to the line a lot more frequently than Davis.

I don't see very much similarity in their games.

Hot Rod's game is a lot closer to DW's than it is to Davis'

15. mikhail1973

I haven't seen much of Stuckey, so I will rely on your views. All I know about him so far is what I'm reading in media.
  16. mikhail1973

more coolaid from Langlois:
    PISTONS: On the Offensive
  17. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Here we go again. I wish Joe would bring in a few head coaches and make them earn the spot.

http://forums.detnews.com/pistonsblog/index.cfm?blogid=1057','176'
  18. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

I wouldn't mind Stuckey behind Murray for a few weeks while he establishes his value...to another team. IT would help Flip and us.
  19. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

I'm actually not that anti Flip (Murray that is). And I wholehartedly agree that the Pistons should say some nice things about a player if they are going to trade him.

If he's really made improvements, then he can either help us on the court or help us with his improved trade value. Either way, this could be good news.
  20. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

I think it just sets the team back playing guys who can't play the game. Its tiresome to try to cover for someone who does not know his defensive rotations, and can't stay in front of anyone. And its tiresome to run down the court on offense knowing that someone running with you is going to blow the whole play by bad decisions. Get Murray off the team. We ain't going to fool anyone by good press. Meanwhile, we have young players who actually need the time on the court to get into the NBA rhythm.